Scott Olsen

No we don't

keep him as close to the vest as possible... don't let him go wander in Zebulon

He's pretty close to Zebulon already. Or maybe I just hate inconsistent pitchers with a two pitch repitoir who regularly get in fights with their teammates and sometimes even police.

Meh. Put me in the camp that thinks he needs to be sent down. We shouldn't have to moniter and keep anybody close to the vest unless they are a superstar caliber. He is not.

He needs the time to work on a change up and he needs the punishment.

We will be fine with a rotation of 1. JJ 2. Dontrelle 3. Mitre 4. BY Kim 5. Vanden Hurk All of those guys have pitched = to or better than Olsen anyways.

I'd much rather keep Vanden Hurk up anyways.

I with Benched here. He needs some time away from the team. You could clearly tell his head just wasn't in the game last night. Between innings he got no acknowledgments from his teammates in the dugout. While he finally kept his composure this kind of thing can only turn into more of a distraction for the rest of the team.

Let him go down in the minors and pitch well for a little bit so he can regain his confidence. Having a pending DUI case is a very stressful thing to deal with.

He is doing more bad then good up here with the Marlins, might as well send him away for a bit.

IMO its a little too late to send him down for his indescretions, they should of done that before his start yesterday. Now if he keeps getting his ass kicked around on the mound then you have more of a reason to send him down. The Marlins have already hung themselves on this after first letting him pitch against Cincy and again after the arrest.

It's a catch-22, but I go back to what we did with Sanchez at the start of the year: I don't care what we may or may not believe to be affecting his performance, if the performance is sub-par, you need some minor league time.

I also do agree that Olsen needs some special attention, but no player providing so-so production warrants that kind of treatment.

We can't afford to send down Olsen, we just have to make sure Fredi has a taser at all times to keep him in line.

We can't afford to keep throwing away games by sending him out to the mound every 5 days. Obviously the taser didn't work the first time it was used on him.

Why not? We aren't in competition this year.

Tell that to fans who (well the ones who do) come out to the stadium and expect to see winning baseball. You can't take that "we aren't in competition this year" approach b/c it sends a bad message. Also tell that to the players who go out on the field everyday behind Olsen expecting to make a push for the playoffs.

Scotty getting rocked up with the big club every outing doesn't make any sense. Competition or not, Scotty needs to get his head checked and could use a nice confidence boost. Handling minor league hitting would give back some confidence.

We can't afford to send down Olsen, we just have to make sure Fredi has a taser at all times to keep him in line.

We can't afford to keep throwing away games by sending him out to the mound every 5 days. Obviously the taser didn't work the first time it was used on him.

Tell that to fans who (well the ones who do) come out to the stadium and expect to see winning baseball. You can't take that "we aren't in competition this year" approach b/c it sends a bad message. Also tell that to the players who go out on the field everyday behind Olsen expecting to make a push for the playoffs.

Scotty getting rocked up with the big club every outing doesn't make any sense. Competition or not, Scotty needs to get his head checked and could use a nice confidence boost. Handling minor league hitting would give back some confidence.

Would that new confidence off set the fact he got demoted?

Would that new confidence off set the fact he got demoted?

No but his demotion would send a message to him that he needs to get his act straight. So rather than straighten him out we throw him right back out there to get rocked. From personal experience, it's hard to get a serious legal matter off your mind especially when you have to concentrate like a pitcher does. It's not fair to his teammates.

He didn't even look like he wanted to be there.

What I don't understand is what good is he doing us up here right now? Nothing. Sorry but this kid has been coddled way to much over the last few years. For what? B/C is he is a future ace of this team? Please.

I just don't see why a demotion helps at this point. He's better off being suspended imo

That's fine with me. He needs to be away from this team. That is my point. The first thing I could think of was a demotion to the minors.

I'm sorry but whether you guys think we are in contention or not, the players still think they are and that's more important.

Shouldn't you be saying the same thing about Dontrelle Willis if the allegations members here are making about his personal life in relation to baseball are true? Don't you think that horrid start was enough to rattle him? Is it any more fair for his teammates to have a Wes Obermueller on the mound?

If they are true is the key. Did you just compare Dontrelle "I slipped up and pissed on a wall" Willis to Scott "I smoke, drink and fight cops and teammates for fun" Olsen? :lol

What exactly has Scott proven? You keep mentioning Wes. But why? Mitre, JJ, Train, RVH and Kim look good to me.

I think the timeframe to suspend him has passed.

I think to be a good MLB pitcher he'll need to learn how to locate his pitches better and maybe even add another pitch.

He can learn these things either in MLB or in the minors.

If he's here he'll be eating away service time while learning how to be a good MLB pitcher.

I would rather have him learn in the minors and save his service time so in case he eventually becomes a good pitcher we can keep the good version of Olsen for a longer period of time.

Well my comments were based on the fact that he has had personal issues for years now. Perhaps it's time to finally step back and say hey, this kid needs a little help getting his head on straight.

I have never claimed that Dontrelle's struggles were based on injury but I have speculated there could be some other factor. But then again that's why it's called speculation.

The problem I am having with Scott is the fact he gets too many free rides. While I'm not going to sit here and preach about being a model citizen, you should not be rewarded for fighting your teammates and the cops. By rewarded I am referring to the fact he is still going out and making starts. His mediocre starts just mount onto the fact he is sufferring from personal issues.

Theories on THIS message board are meant to be outlandish b/c everyone thinks they have partial ownership in this team or has the inside scoop. Speculation is what makes this message board interesting sometimes.

By the way I'm not making these claims just b/c of his poor start and after his DUI. I've been saying this all season long I just choose not to start a thread on it every single night. Olsen's problems stem way more than his inconsistent pitching. Dude needs to get his head and life back in order and the majors is no place to do it.

EDIT: BTW don't take this as me trying to have a bitchfest with you. I actually respect alot of your opinions.