This trade would make to much sense to happen.....

Backin2008

Mike Jacobs to the Twins for Matt Garza. The Twins have too many starting pitchers and that's a nice problem to have and they appear willing to move Garza. The Twins need hitting really bad and Jacobs would fit in as their DH. The Marlins could then move Willingham to first base where he defense wouldn't hurt near as much as it does in LF. Makes way too much sense for both teams.

Mike Jacobs to the Twins for Matt Garza. The Twins have too many starting pitchers and that's a nice problem to have and they appear willing to move Garza. The Twins need hitting really bad and Jacobs would fit in as their DH. The Marlins could then move Willingham to first base where he defense wouldn't hurt near as much as it does in LF. Makes way too much sense for both teams.

Would the Twins want Mike Jacobs? They have Morneau and Kubel

They are tilted to the left side. I wouldn't be against moving Willingham for Garza if they like him better.

I think the Twins can do better than Mike Jacobs for Matt Garza.

Edit: which means the trade doesn't really make sense.

Edit: at all.

Maybe then can and maybe they can't. Garza hasn't really proven much at the major league level.

Either has Mike Jacobs. Mike Jacobs is a an often injured, poor defensive fielding first baseman who hasn't put up very good numbers save for one 30 game stint with the Mets.

Matt Garza is a cost controlled pitcher who has potential and put up decent numbers in his short time in the majors. Teams don't give that up for mediocre hitting DH's.

I think the Twins can do better than Mike Jacobs for Matt Garza.

Edit: which means the trade doesn't really make sense.

Edit: at all.

Maybe then can and maybe they can't. Garza hasn't really proven much at the major league level.

Either has Mike Jacobs. Mike Jacobs is a an often injured, poor defensive fielding first baseman who hasn't put up very good numbers save for one 30 game stint with the Mets.

Matt Garza is a cost controlled pitcher who has potential and put up decent numbers in his short time in the majors. Teams don't give that up for mediocre hitting DH's.

I'm not saying Jacobs is a great hitter. But if he stays healthy he would hit 25-30 homers and DHing would help him stay in one piece. The Twins are desperate for hitting with Hunter leaving and the black hole they have at 2B and 3B.

They are tilted to the left side. I wouldn't be against moving Willingham for Garza if they like him better.

You should be lit on fire for suggesting a willingham trade.

:notworthy :lol

hehe

i dont know about being lit on fire but definately dont trade willingham, especially now with cabrera leaving. were gonna need power and hram is going to need protection if hes moved up to third in the order. it doesnt look like we are going to get any legitimate power prospects in return for cabs so we need the hammer right now.