For all the Bandwagon hating fans..

I think it's getting very old very fast that Marlin fans are attacking other Marlin fans just because they didn't follow the team the whole year. It's the Yankees vs the Marlins, not Marlins vs the Marlins. Why don't you save your energy and bash on Yankee fans instead of fans of your own team?

I know I didn't follow the Marlins much this year until they won the Giants series, but am I the only one? Our entire community did not pay attention to them and we should apologize for catching Marlins fever now?

I live down here like many of you and I wonder, do you yell at the newscasters who are the 'bandwagon' jumpers also? People that didn't give our Marlins the respect they deserved until just 2 weeks ago? Do you yell at the people with the Marlin pennants on their cars because they're supporting the team? What about the 65,000 fans that now pack the stadium? You want them all to go away and return to how it was? when only 3,000 people showed up for games? Is that what you want?

Our town is the best sports town in the country for a reason, and that's because our fans show up and support winners like nobody else. Just take a look at the playoffs and the crowds at Pro Player. New York and Chicago only wishes they could support their teams like we do!

GO MARLINS!

you know, i couldn't have said it better my self. i too started following the marlins this year. my entire family has always loved baseball and have been fans of the marlins, but im 14 years old and dumb. lol so this year i caught on with what was going on and noticed how hard these guys are working for their team. i think it's dumb if fans of the same thing go at each others throats. oh by the way im new here :) hehe.

GO MARLINS! :)

Guest marlins02

today i walk into class with my NL title cap and as i go to my seat i hear this guy and girl talking about how everybody here are bandwagoners and as soon as they lose you'll never see marlins gear for a long time, same for other teams here.

i wonder who he was talking about?

that s*** pissed me off

IMO, it's too late. They should have jumped on the bandwagon in late August, not late September.

Most of us on this board are the real fans. WE have followed this team from from day 1. The bandwagon has followed it for, oh, since day 150, and that's being generous.

I'm glad people are jumping on, don't get me wrong, but you everyone should have already been on.

Also Fish Fan24 you say you hate Bandwagoners but look at the date on your registration.

Excuse me. Why don't you dial Admin up and ask him how long I've been a fan? It was because of him that I learned of this website and joined as soon as I could.

*EDIT* Thank you, Admin!! :thumbup

today i walk into class with my NL title cap and as i go to my seat i hear this guy and girl talking about how everybody here are bandwagoners and as soon as they lose you'll never see marlins gear for a long time, same for other teams here.

i wonder who he was talking about?

that s*** pissed me off

you think thats bad man, i walked into class and i hear some kid talking to another kid saying that after last night " the marlins are a disgrace to florida"....I had to restrain myself from busting him in his head.

Do you know how stupid it looks for Marlin fans to bash on other Marlin fans who are supporting the team? Who cares if they just started to follow the Marlins? They're supporting the Marlins now!!

If you went to a restaurant that had great food, but very little in the way of customers because not everybody knew about the great food yet, do you get mad when others discover this same restaurant and enjoy the same food you do? Do you yell at these customers for discovering the food alittle later than you? That's crazy!

Do you know how stupid it looks for Marlin fans to bash on other Marlin fans who are supporting the team? Who cares if they just started to follow the Marlins? They're supporting the Marlins now!!

Alright! Right here and right now we make peace!! You are on this board now and you are a true fan!! Doesn't matter when you registered here, doesn't matter how long you've been on this board, you are a true fan.

NOW if come April and May of next year, you aren't here.....then we are going to have some issues.

True Fans = Bandwagon Fans

GO MARLINS!!! :D

Guest marlins02

If you went to a restaurant that had great food, but very little in the way of customers because not everybody knew about the great food yet, do you get mad when others discover this same restaurant and enjoy the same food you do? Do you yell at these customers for discovering the food alittle later than you? That's crazy!

because these are the same "marlin fans" that didnt want anything to do with this team when we were trying to avoid losing 100 games and made fun of us that stuck with this team, it makes us look bad.

dont get me wrong, i love the fact that 65,000 people are in the Stadium and the Dolphins arent playing, but i swear that place better have 30,000 a game in the spring and summer next season before the pennant races get heated or if God forbid we fall back next year i want to see some support of this team

The bandwagon fans just piss me off. I'm glad they show up, but they have no clue what they're talking about most of the time.

All the time, I hear people talking Marlins, they say the most ignorant things I've ever heard. I'll jump in and try to correct them, and they get mad because a 14-year-old just told them they were wrong. Well, you're the bandwagon, and I'm the diehard, and you're twice my age. Maybe you should learn from that.

If you know of people that actually made fun of you for supporting the Marlins when they were losing like crazy, then you should be mad at *THOSE* people, but what I see alot of is perhaps jealousy. People who followed the Marlins for along time through the bad years are jealous of sharing in the success of the Marlins now.

I've never seen anything like this before. Usually, people welcome others who join their side and want to share what they're experiencing. Instead, I see Yankee fans and Cub fans yelling at Marlin fans for jumping on the 'bandwagon', then watch as even Marlin fans are yelling at other Marlin fans!

As much as i feel i've been with this team through high times and hell i welcome 'bandwagon' fans even though they may not know what it was like in 1998 and the days of Brian Meadows and Ryan Dempster.

I think some people have just waited so long for a winning team that they dont want to share it with anyone (bandwagoners)

but Diehardmarlinsfan just try to ignore most of the criticism and if you stay here long enough people will learn that your not a bandwagon jumper but just a marlins fan that likes to talk ball like the rest of us

Guest marlins02

what do we have to be jealous of? the feeling we have is way more gratifying than any feelings the bandwagoners have. they just jumped in. we've watched this team through all the bad years (9 out of 11) and now we're getting the rewards of seeing this team finally succeed after all the bulls***.