Reds in on Willis, Lincecum

Junior

The Reds may make a play for Marlins left-hander Dontrelle Willis. Cincinnati finally has decent prospects to trade -- starting with pitcher Homer Bailey and slugger Joey Votto. Josh Hamilton, last year's feel good story, also should have good value now.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writ...ay.scoop/1.html

Reds interested in Lincecum

Cincinnati is apparently interested in San Francisco right-hander Tim Lincecum, but if the Giants insist on Reds outfield prospect Jay Bruce as part of any deal, look for the Reds to back off.

Bruce, 20, hit a combined .319 with 26 homers and 89 RBIs in 133 games at three Minor League stops in 2007. The left-handed hitting Bruce is considered one of the team's cornerstones of the future.

http://wintermeetings.mlblogs.com/nashvill...y_whispers.html

The report about the Reds and Willis makes it clear that they are not really interested in giving up a package such as Votto and Bailey, or Bailey and Hamilton. I don't think they are real suitors until they agree to give up at least two players. It's fine with me, because I'm not sold on Bailey as anything other than a reliever in the majors.

willis isnt going anywhere , they are trading miguel so financially keeping willis this year is not an issue . second , and more imprtant despite the fact we might not like many of the cost dumping moves the Marlins still want to win and keeping Willis especially with this staff of question marks at the very least even if his best days are behind him gives the Marlins a reliable innings eater whose win total will be at least in the double digits . I am not sure if Willis was ever really the 20 win guy of 05 but he is not the the Willis of 07 either , I expect a bounce back year

The Marlins Management trade away a future HOFer who is 24 years old because they dont want to pay him.

OWNED :lol :lol :lol

Mets: Win World Series In 6 Games over The Cleveland Indians | Jose Reyes World Series MVP

Knicks: Curry-ZBo-Balkman-Q-Steph | Make a serious run in the 2008 NBA Playoffs

Jets: Penny-TJ-Cotch-Coles-Rhodes-Vilma | Young Up & Coming Team, 1st Round Playoff Upset

Guest Miggy is Great

The Marlins Management trade away a future HOFer who is 24 years old because they dont want to pay him.

OWNED :lol :lol :lol

Mets: Win World Series In 6 Games over The Cleveland Indians | Jose Reyes World Series MVP

Knicks: Curry-ZBo-Balkman-Q-Steph | Make a serious run in the 2008 NBA Playoffs

Jets: Penny-TJ-Cotch-Coles-Rhodes-Vilma | Young Up & Coming Team, 1st Round Playoff Upset

OWNED