Juno

Passion

Speaking of Juno, I meant to create a thread about it...

It's getting a lot of buzz and I really don't understand why. I saw the trailer before the Coen film and think it looks absolutely terrible.

There you go.

J/C is it the unrealistic dialogue? People are calling it this year's 'Little Miss Sunshine' which I translate to mean it is indie, quirky, and not a typical Hollywood film. Also it will have a lot of characters that have a wide range of personalities.

I think it looks solid and I like Ellen Page, Michael Cera, Jason Bateman, and JK Simmons a lot so that alone will get me to the theater along with its' buzz.

Hope to see it soon.

Diablo Cody (the writer) might very well be the frontrunner for best original screenplay. She's led a very interesting life to say the least. This clip was when she was on Letterman promoting her stripper book about a year ago. She's very funny in it. I especially like her last line that went something like this, "If this writing gig doesn't work out, I'm going back on the pole."

Guest CrimsonCane

I'm actually looking forward to seeing this movie as soon as I get the chance to. I missed out on the chance to catch an advanced screening about a month ago. Unfortunately, it's not playing anywhere in my area rgiht now.

I actually anticipate I will like this even though I go in to every movie I see with more or less an open mind and with preconceived notions.

A lot of the lines in the trailer make me laugh especially the ones from JK Simmons (I didn't know he had it in him) and the 'stink eye' part. :lol

I actually anticipate I will like this even though I go in to every movie I see with more or less an open mind and with preconceived notions.

A lot of the lines in the trailer make me laugh especially the ones from JK Simmons (I didn't know he had it in him) and the 'stink eye' part. :lol

I wonder if you, like myself, date your fandome of JK to his 'Oz' days.

I wonder if you, like myself, date your fandome of JK to his 'Oz' days.

Absolutely.

One of the best villains in television history.

"Like my tattoos" is one of the most eventually chilling lines ever to me.

Guest CrimsonCane

I really enjoyed the "wait until it gets a little cuter" line. The delivery reminded me of Linda Cardellini as Lindsay Weir from Freaks and Geeks.

I had to look Dania Ramirez up to make sure you werent talking about the chick that looked like a post op tranny.

Thankfully, you werent(although the picture they have for D.R. on Wikipedia isnt good at all).

Ya, it's hit or miss I guess. But she looks hot in 'Heroes', which is the most recent thing she's been in obviously.

I'm planning on watching it sooner or later. Unfortunately I won't be able to go to the free screening here next week :thumbdown but yeah, I think it'll keep me entertained. The trailer was so-so but it seems like Michael Cera has the same personality from 'Superbad' so it should be fun. My favorite line from the trailer was "Oh don't worry I'm already pregnant so what other shenanigans could I get into?" heheh

• 2 weeks later...

It's #1 on Ebert's top ten list.

Ebert has no idea what he is talking about.

I know. :confused

Old, white male critics are loving this movie. I find that a little creepy.

On the contrary, Ebert has seen more movies than any of us will ever see in our lifetimes... by a ratio of about 8:1 in most cases.

Still, Ebert's love for every movie he sees since his bout with cancer is getting frustrating. Any decent film seems to earn unjust praise.

It's #1 on Ebert's top ten list.

Ebert has no idea what he is talking about.

I know. :confused

Old, white male critics are loving this movie. I find that a little creepy.

On the contrary, Ebert has seen more movies than any of us will ever see in our lifetimes... by a ratio of about 8:1 in most cases.

Still, Ebert's love for every movie he sees since his bout with cancer is getting frustrating. Any decent film seems to earn unjust praise.

That's where my comments came from. I still have a lot of respect for his work, but lately I've reading his reviews as strictly entertainment.

Roger Ebert's Top Ten

1. Juno

2. No Country for Old Men

3. Before the Devil Knows You're Dead

4. Atonement

5. The Kite Runner

6. Away From Her

7. Across the Universe

8. La Vie En Rose

9. The Great Debaters

10. Into the Wild

I will never understand the love for La Vie En Rose. Most everyone I speak with loved it, but it just didn't happen for me.

On Topic: I'll be seeing Juno on Thursday. Will report back.