Willis agrees to 3 year deal

Admin

Dombrowski took care of his boy, DT will have a huge year for the Tigers next season. I am very happy for him

What did Dombowski have to do with Willis before this trade?

Did I say Dontrelle had anything to do with Dombrowski before the trade. I just said he took care of him. I just believe DD is one of the smartest execs in baseball

you said Dontrelle was Dombrowski's "boy"

Where has it been documented that we couldn't get Maybin and Miller for just Cabs?

On the surface it sounds ridiculous. A future HOF'r can't net 2 highly touted prospects?

The Dontrelle aspect was a salary dump. Plain and simple.

Im not saying I was against the trade but let's not fool ourselves in reference to the motive.

Where has it been documented that we couldn't get Maybin and Miller for just Cabs?

On the surface it sounds ridiculous. A future HOF'r can't net 2 highly touted prospects?

The Dontrelle aspect was a salary dump. Plain and simple.

Im not saying I was against the trade but let's not fool ourselves in reference to the motive.

I believe Beinfest said Cabs couldn't get both Maybin and Miller.

But I also believe he only said that for PR and it was really a salary dump.

Dombrowski took care of his boy, DT will have a huge year for the Tigers next season. I am very happy for him

Did I say Dontrelle had anything to do with Dombrowski before the trade. I just said he took care of him. I just believe DD is one of the smartest execs in baseball

I guess that sounded kinda racist...Sorry Folk

I guess that sounded kinda racist...Sorry Folk

I don't think anyone believed that was racist

I'm happy for dontrelle - one of my favorites

i'll definitely be keeping an eye on the tigers this year with all the marlins connections

in the last issue of SI they have an article on detroit and a lot of it centers around this deal - they stated in there that the whole deal came together really quickly and that the initial thoughts were cabrera for maybin and miller - the tigers wouldn't go for it so the marlins beefed it up by adding willis and a laundry list of lessor prospects - the tigers discussed it and decided not to bicker on the lesser products and cut the deal

I think being on that stacked offense alone, he'll get his wins... and yet his overall numbers will be ugly

What kind of numbers do you expect out of him?

I expect 600-650 innings with an ERA in the 4.00 neighborhood.

I think a few factors will help him. In the AL he'll actually face easier lineups than what he was facing in the NL. The Tigers play good D.. the Marlins play horrible D. Also, his deceptive delivery may allow him to fool some AL hitters that are not as familiar with it.

I think being on that stacked offense alone, he'll get his wins... and yet his overall numbers will be ugly

What kind of numbers do you expect out of him?

I expect 600-650 innings with an ERA in the 4.00 neighborhood.

I think a few factors will help him. In the AL he'll actually face easier lineups than what he was facing in the NL. The Tigers play good D.. the Marlins play horrible D. Also, his deceptive delivery may allow him to fool some AL hitters that are not as familiar with it.

There's no way he faces easier lineups in the AL.