"Free tour" of the Orange Bowl!

marlin2266

So, I'll miss the old girl and wanted to walk through just one more time.

Last Sunday, I drove over and took a few pics of the facade outside the west end zone. I asked the security guard if (please) I could go inside, but she wouldn't allow it. But she did say the stadium is open to the public M-F 8:00-5:00.

I went back yesterday, and entered thru the stadium manager's office at Gate 14. All they asked for was my drivers license, which they kept until I was done. Then they let me & my spouse have full access. I walked the 50 yard line, and the upper deck. Got some cool pictures and met a member of the 1980 Eagles who was visiting as well. No one went with us so we were totally on our own for the self-guided tour. Of course, the locker rooms & press box were off limits.

All in all, a great opportunity to see the old place and get some final snaps before the end.

I highly recommend it.

PS - Just to be sure, if you want to go, call the stadium managers office in advance at 305-643-7100 for holiday days & hours.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.