Official Wrestling Discussion

geemoney

This HBK vs. Taker is all a swerve, IMO.

The Rumble will come down to the final 3 of Cena / HHH / HBK.

HBK and HHH start working together until HHH senses an opportunity and eliminates HBK, to everyone's shock. As they're arguing, Cena eliminates HHH.

This will set up:

Cena vs. Undertaker

HHH vs. HBK (Never been done at a singles level at Mania and if they do it right it will be great, even though we've seen it before)

McMahon vs. Bret

Orton vs. Sheamus

Edge vs. Jericho

Hair vs. Mask: CM Punk vs. Mysterio

Rhodes vs. DiBiase

MITB: Featuring a combination of Batista / Morrison / Miz / Benjamin / Christian / Regal / Kane / McIntyre / MVP / Kofi

Women's match

US or IC Title match featuring who's not in the MITB.

That would be a freaking great card, IMO.

I like my card better. Just saying.

Heh. Yours was pretty good too except for the Ted DiBiase Jr. parts. I don't believe that guy is good enough or over enough right now to warrant such a push. Of course, I'd say the same about Sheamus and WWE pushed him so you never know. I'm not really into Sheamus though and I'm not into DiBiase yet either. If Legacy was supposed to be the newer version of Evolution or The Four Horseman... it has failed and hasn't worked to the same extent that allowed Orton and Batista to become established. Just my personal opinion though.

Just to put something else out there, I'd like to see John Morrison get that big push. He's been the tag champ, he's been IC champ and he's been the ECW champ. He has great in-ring ability, he's well established and over with the fans... I think he's ready to take the step to that next level. I'd put him ahead of MVP or Shelton Benjamin or any of those other guys who have done everything in the WWE but get that big push. I think Morrison, in the overall package sense, is on a different level.

If Taker is going to take the time off, I'd say to have Morrison be the World Heavyweight Champion on the Smackdown brand, give him from Backlash to Summerslam to have some good feuds and see where it goes. Let's face it, Raw is the flagship show of the WWE and I understand keeping established proven names and champions on that show. Those guys with the recycled Triple H-Orton-Cena feuds can get those ratings and PPV buyrates while Smackdown, a taped show, can be used to give others some time to be a World Champion and run with it.

On that point though, Christian is another name I think needs to be moved to Raw and get that push. He's been around a long time now, he's more established then a Morrison and I think interjecting him into the Raw title picture with the likes of Triple H-Orton-Cena is the next best move for him.

I predict Cena vs Undertaker at wrestlemania or one title and HHH vs Sheamus for the other one if Cena wins the rumble. That could also set up HBK vs HHH. I'm not sure what they would do with Sheamus

If HBK wins the rumble then we see HBK vs Undertaker and maybe a fatal four way between Orton. Sheamus, Cena and HHH.

I dont think it will matter what night TNA is on with the combination of Bischoff/Hogan/Russo running things as well as bringing in aging former wCw and WWF wrestlers. Might as well bring in Paul Heyman to do the payroll while they are at it.

I dont think it will matter what night TNA is on with the combination of Bischoff/Hogan/Russo running things as well as bringing in aging former wCw and WWF wrestlers. Might as well bring in Paul Heyman to do the payroll while they are at it.

Well i think TNA is better than WWE .. its all faster and more vigilant...

At the very least I think it will push the WWE. Maybe not right away, but if TNA starts getting strong I can certainly see the WWE trying to get rid of them to prevent another monday night war.

Anyways, the fans win here. When they had both shows a few weeks ago it was a lot of fun. I assume TNA will go 8-10?

Is anybody in TNA less than 50 years old and not over weight?

I'm watching it now and the first hour has had Mick Foley, Hogan, Bishoff, Jeff Jarrett, Ric Flair and the Nasty Boys. That would be the whose who of wrestling if it was 1992.

ah TNA took a complete 180 signing these old f***ers. Jeff Hardy and Shannon Moore are understandable but your wasting valuable card space with wrestlers 20 years past there prime when you have guys like Daniels, Pope, AJ, Angle, Wolfe, MCMG, Gen Me, Red, Joe etc.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/28/matt-hardy-chris-jericho-greg-helms-arrest-wwe-wrestling-mug-shots/

I love that Matt Hardy ran when the cab driver called 911. Why didn't he just give him a Twist of Fate on the top of the car?

If he gives someone a twist of fate he might as well do a side effect too so he can incorporate his entire moveset.

Is anybody in TNA less than 50 years old and not over weight?

I'm watching it now and the first hour has had Mick Foley, Hogan, Bishoff, Jeff Jarrett, Ric Flair and the Nasty Boys. That would be the whose who of wrestling if it was 1992.

ah TNA took a complete 180 signing these old f***ers. Jeff Hardy and Shannon Moore are understandable but your wasting valuable card space with wrestlers 20 years past there prime when you have guys like Daniels, Pope, AJ, Angle, Wolfe, MCMG, Gen Me, Red, Joe etc.

Some old wrestlers are fine. If the wrestlers were actually in shape, it wouldnt be so bad. The nasty boys look like two blobs, as does mick foley. Jeff Jarrett didnt look that good either. The band (nwo) needs to die their hair and get in shape if they want to be credible.

We'll see what happens when they move to mondays.

I couldn't be bothered to watch TNA from last night yet even though its on the DVR. I might watch it at some point, but I also got the documentary of The Rise And Fall of WCW from Netflix so I'd rather watch that.

Impact wasn't bad last night. But if I had to choose, definitely check out the DVD. Give us your thoughts on it here too after watching it, if you could.

I couldn't be bothered to watch TNA from last night yet even though its on the DVR. I might watch it at some point, but I also got the documentary of The Rise And Fall of WCW from Netflix so I'd rather watch that.

Impact wasn't bad last night. But if I had to choose, definitely check out the DVD. Give us your thoughts on it here too after watching it, if you could.

Impact was alright. Jarrett vs Anderson main event was unappealing to me.

Well... the documentary was like 1 hour 45 minutes... they had a good amount of interviews on there. Bischoff's stuff was from 2002, which was a shame, and the stuff from Hogan was the same year... only really new stuff was Jericho, Big Show, JR, Malenko, Dusty Rhodes, Vince, Flair plus some other WCW guys whose numbers I can't recall or care about too much.

I don't know, it just didn't seem to come across as that interesting to me. They talked about how there was a revolving door when it came to bookers and it never worked out. I believe it was Big Show kept going on about how Hall and Nash had this mindset of that whatever a new guy makes, their pay then goes up and above it. So, according to him, Hall and Nash loved the new people coming in just for that. Then Nash wanted to be booker, people talked about how Goldberg was great and an "it factor" and that Nash became booker and then decided that he had to be bigger then Goldberg. So Nash then ended the streak, became the champ and then did the "finger in the chest" crap with Hogan a few weeks later. Basically people felt that WCW was really going downhill at this point, the title was being made to feel worthless, everything was out of control etc. etc.

The funny part must be how much sh*t everyone gave Vince Russo. People said they felt he could be creative, but that Vince McMahon was a good guy to filter out all the crap he came up with and then moderate the good. Without McMahon in WCW, Vince Russo just had the freedom to let his crap reign all over WCW.

I only grabbed Disc 1, Discs 2 and 3 have matches on them, but I was only really interested in the documentary. I thought it was going to be better then it was, but oh well...

In other news, Impact's show from Thursday was their highest ever rating apparently. I haven't deleted it from my DVR yet so I guess I should check it out.

So I got a flier in the mail from wwe (since I ordered the last PPV) and it says if I order the next three ppvs, I can get a wrestlemania chair for free. So I was all excited and showed it to my wife. She responded by saying, "great, that means they know that someone in this house watches that sh*t, that's embarrassing" I couldn't stop laughing.

So I got a flier in the mail from wwe (since I ordered the last PPV) and it says if I order the next three ppvs, I can get a wrestlemania chair for free. So I was all excited and showed it to my wife. She responded by saying, "great, that means they know that someone in this house watches that sh*t, that's embarrassing" I couldn't stop laughing.

That's some major pwnage right there.

She responded by saying, "great, that means they know that someone in this house watches that sh*t, that's embarrassing" I couldn't stop laughing.

Luckily the WWE taught you how to deal with such problems. When faced with an authority figure who looks down on you, you simply give them the finger, give them the stunner and then drink lots of beer.

Of course, Stone Cold lived his gimmick although the beer might've come before the other parts. Just ask Debra.

Yeah, I watched a stream of the Rumble. It was pretty decent, nice little spot where HBK eliminated Triple H. I'm happy enough with Edge winning it, I certainly didn't want Cena or Batista to do so and HBK seemed too obvious. He'll still get his match with Taker, but it will be more drawn out.

There's quite a few ways it could go from here. One could be where Michaels wins the SD Elimination Chamber for the No.1 contendership for Taker's title. I know he's currently on Raw, but he said on radio that DX would be going their separate ways after the Rumble... maybe Edge comes to Raw and Michaels goes to Smackdown. Who knows. Anyway... HBK wins that match, faces Taker at Mania. Jericho wins the WWE title at Elimination Chamber, faces Edge at Mania. Then of course Orton-Rhodes-DiBiase seems to be another match on the cards. The other rumored match is Cena-Batista in a "best of Raw" vs. "best of SD" bragging rights type match. I know they have the PPV, but that's no reason Mania can't have another one of these matches. I don't know where all of this would leave Sheamus and Triple H though. Maybe Sheamus will keep the belt for this reason.

Another option is that Michaels costs Taker the title at Elimination Chamber where maybe Jericho wins that World Championship. Jericho-Edge are then on at Mania with Michaels-Taker in a non-title match. Taker now has his motivation for wanting to fight Michaels. This would leave Triple H to then feud with Shemaus for the WWE title. That would seem more likely except that there's some rumors going around that there's been some advertisements on ESPN where they're billing the Elimination Chamber PPV has having one of said matches for the WWE title and the other is for No.1 contendership for the World title.

So we have all this up in the air plus Bret is back on Raw tomorrow. It will be one worth tuning in for as the Road to Wrestlemania begins here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.