Official Wrestling Discussion

BTW, I want to say...this Kofi Kingston push is an epic win. Well deserved and overdue. Tonights Raw might have turned him into a bonafide main eventer and I am loving every minute of it. The first guy that WWE has built properly since Lesnar IMO.

Evan Bourne needs a clean win, he is way over with the crowd and great in the ring, and I think he has a bright future in the WWE. While I dont think he will ever be main event, I could see him with IC, US, and tag team title reigns.

Jack Swagger has all the tools that Kurt Angle had, except one...mic skills. Kurt Angle in his prime was one of the best on the mic. Swagger will be a star though.

I like Sheamus, even if he is a prototypical hoss. I think he will be hotshotted up the ladder quickly(and not just because he is HHH's protege). He has charisma and despite being a "monster", is still pretty good in the ring for what he is. Hes just got "it". I predict a feud with someone like John Cena after 'Mania.

I agree with pretty much everything here. Now if only I can get you to come around on The Miz.....

Something in your Mouth is a great drinking song. After that I got nothing.

BTW, I want to say...this Kofi Kingston push is an epic win. Well deserved and overdue. Tonights Raw might have turned him into a bonafide main eventer and I am loving every minute of it. The first guy that WWE has built properly since Lesnar IMO.

Evan Bourne needs a clean win, he is way over with the crowd and great in the ring, and I think he has a bright future in the WWE. While I dont think he will ever be main event, I could see him with IC, US, and tag team title reigns.

Jack Swagger has all the tools that Kurt Angle had, except one...mic skills. Kurt Angle in his prime was one of the best on the mic. Swagger will be a star though.

I like Sheamus, even if he is a prototypical hoss. I think he will be hotshotted up the ladder quickly(and not just because he is HHH's protege). He has charisma and despite being a "monster", is still pretty good in the ring for what he is. Hes just got "it". I predict a feud with someone like John Cena after 'Mania.

i agree with most of what you said, but i just have a couple comments...

with Kofi, it's nice what they're doing, and i would love to see it continue, but knowing how wwe is, at some point, either he'll do something really minor to get him in the doghouse, either Orton, Cena, or Triple H will feel threatened and have him held back, or creative will be unable to think of anything for him and his push will end... you see that happening with every potential star

As for Matt Sydal, I think they're grooming him to be the next Ret Mysterio... the undersized, underdog high flyer that is way over with the fans... with Mysterio supposedly leaving when his contract expires, that's when Sydal will really break out

Swagger has a lot of potential, and I agree that he's likely a future star (of course, what i said about kofi also applies to swagger), but he is nowhere near Kurt Angle territory... at this point in Angle's career, he was already wwe champion and had already emerged as one one of, if not the, best in the business

Sheamus actually has a lot more in ring ability than he's allowed to show... he has a ton of agility for someone his size... it's too bad they're probably just building him up just so he can job to cena or triple h, and then afterwards he'll be stuck in the upper midcard (if he's lucky)

You know what I think my main problem with the Miz is? He was attached to Morrison for so long. Morrison is just flat out awesome, and the Miz is just incredibly bland in comparison. I probably havent given him a totally fair shake either, though. I will probably warm to his character as time goes on. Maybe.

I got to say also that Eve Torres has certainly grown on me. I cant really recall anything of note shes done in the ring, but generally her just standing there is pretty awesome. Top 5 divas in order of nailability:

1. Mickie James

2. Maryse

3. Eve

4. Kelly Kelly

5. Maria

Really though they are all interchangeably awesome.

The RAW announce team needs a change. Move Lawler to Smackdown back with JR(when he comes back), put Matt Stryker on RAW, Michael Cole on ECW, and please put Joey Styles back on the mic. Him and Stryker would be a good combination.

Well, we're getting Ventura and Vince tonight for the main event. That's a change.

EDIT: And they did just have an announcer try-out recently.

TONIGHT: Raw is three hours, hosted by Governor Jesse Ventura. At Survivor Series last night, John Cena retained his title, but cracks showed in the DX bromance between Triple H and Shawn Michaels. And Kofi Kingston continued his ascent up the ladder of success. As for tonight, I’m sure we’ll get follow-up on both, as well as Sheamus’ attack last week on Jerry Lawler. At some point, we’ll also be blessed with the World Premiere trailer for Ted DiBiase’s “The Marine 2.�

-WWE Open.

-Raw Open.

-Michael Cole introduced the three-hour Raw from Hershey, PA. The plugged John Cena vs. C.M. Punk on this Raw Thanksgiving episode. Jerry Lawler said Punk requested the match.

-Justin Roberts announced Jesse Ventura, but Randy Orton’s music came on and he walked out. He said usually, the guest host comes out only to be interrupted by someone. Orton said he doesn’t care. He said he knows Ventura has a major announcement to make RE: the WWE Title. Orton said his dad told him Ventura was a revolutionary, a radical, someone not afraid to break the rules. Orton told Jesse to prove that to him. He said he knows he can’t face Cena for the title anymore, but he also knows the guest host has the power to do whatever he or she wants, including lifting his ban. He asked Ventura to come out and give Orton the chance to be champion again. Some generic rock music brought out the Governor. He said he was back, and wasn’t dressed like a Governor, but like pro wrestling. He said he was guest host, so what he says goes. Ventura said he respects Orton’s style of getting things done, saying he reminds him of himself back in the day. He said he isn’t a Democrat or Republican, but an Independent. He wanted a revolution. Ventura said he’s going to introduce something new, and therefore, Orton won’t get a title shot. He said too many of the same people are getting title shots these days. Jesse said it’s time to change that. Big Show, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho are among those who won’t get a title shot. Ventura said there will be qualifying matches, and you can never have been world champion. The winners of those matches will fight in a Breakthrough Battle Royal. This should become a yearly tradition! The winner of the Battle Royal will be number one contender for the WWE Championship. Orton told Ventura he’s making a big mistake. Ventura said he’s made plenty of mistakes, but he moves on from them. But right now, he’s guest host and what he says goes. He brought out some index cards or whatnot and said tonight John Cena would face C.M. Punk- they’ve never faced before. Also, the Hart Dynasty vs. DX- never fought before. And of course the qualifying matches and battle royal. He said the first match starts now. Kofi Kingston came out first and he and Orton stared each other down as the two ships passed in the night. Kingston will be in action next.

[Commercial Break]

(1) Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler–Breakthrough Battle Royal Qualifying Match

Highlights from Kofi’s attack on Orton last week aired. Cole clarified the rules, saying that the winner of the Battle Royal would challenge the champion from his brand for the title. Ziggler cornered Kofi and pounded away, then Kofi did the same. “Let’s go Kofi� chant. Kingston missed a splash in the corner and Ziggler went for a quick pin. He was on offense enough to get a few more pin attempts and a rear-chinlock. Several elbowdrops followed. He continued to wear Kofi down. Kingston finally came back with a flying clothesline and the Boom Drop. Trouble in Paradise missed, but Ziggler had his move countered and Kofi came back to hit it for the win.

Winner: Kingston, at 3:51. Fine match, but whose Corn Flakes did Ziggler piss in? Losing numerous IC Title matches, first out in the elimination match last night, and jobbing here tonight.

-Cole and Lawler talked on camera about what they are thankful for, then sent it back to The Miz, standing by near a table full of Thanksgiving dressing. He said he was thankful for his team winning at Survivor Series and for being the most dominant U.S. Champion of all time. Wait, he wasn’t thankful for them: He expects them. If anything, the fans should be thankful for getting to watch him. He’s the Miz and he’s awesome.

[Commercial Break]

(2) Sheamus vs. Finlay- Breakthrough Battle Royal Qualifying Match

Finlay took it to Sheamus at first, sending him outside the ring, then over the announce table. But Sheamus caught Finlay with a kick to the chest coming in. Hook of the leg, and a two-count. Finlay got a knee up on a charge, but Sheamus responded with an elbow. Finlay went shoulder-first into the ring post and then was caught with the Razor’s Edge-like maneuver. That was enough to get the pin.

Winner: Sheamus, at 1:57. Good, dominating performance from Sheamus.

After the match, Sheamus pulled Finlay out of the ring and sent him into the stairs, then into the railing. He gave a pump kick to Finlay, sending him over the barricade.

-Still to come, the Harts face DX. Also, Cena vs. Punk.

[Commercial Break

-Teddy Long talked to the camera backstage, but Vickie Guerrero, sitting at his table, interrupted before he could be thankful for anything. She was with her beau Eric Escobar. She reminded Long that she once again has power and influence on Smackdown. Escobar said it doesn’t hurt to have a little eye candy on the show either. She asked for the mashed potatoes. “So you want the mashed potatoes?� Long asked. Crowd knew where he was going and started cheering, but Escobar interrupted the face-plant and took the potatoes, feeding them to Vickie on his finger.

-They aired a commercial for Jesse Ventura’s Conspiracy Theory, to air on TruTV.

-Ventura was in his locker room, decorated as only Ventura could. Orton walked in and Ventura asked what he wanted. Orton said he’s a victim of a conspiracy theory, that WWE doesn’t want him as champion. Ventura said there’s no doubt he’s the victim, knowing how Vince McMahon runs things. Ventura then said his hands were tied- he laid down the law, and he can’t go against what he believes in. Ventura said he’s proud that he retired and never made a comeback, encouraged Orton to keep retiring people, but don’t ask him to break the rules.

-C.M. Punk came to the ring for his match with John Cena. Punk got the mic and said he’s got a whole lot to be thankful for, like being Straight Edge. He said it makes him different and he doesn’t want to be any of the people in the crowd. He said the biggest vice at Thanksgiving is gluttony. Punk said everyone will be saying, “oh, I ate too much!� So people will reach into their medicine cabinet for a pill, or take a liquid antacid. Then they’ll have desert! Because they’re fat and gluttonous. Punk said tonight, he faces a turkey named John Cena. And through his sober eyes, he CAN see Cena. The match is next.

[Commercial Break]

-Art of Dying was thanked for providing the theme song for Survivor Series

(3) C.M. Punk vs. John Cena

Before the match, Punk threw his shirt at Cena. He raised it and the crowd booed. He raised his own, and the crowd cheered, so he threw it to the fans. Some posturing started the match, then the men collided in the middle of the ring with shoulderblocks. Punk didn’t get knocked down, but grabbed his arm in pain. Punk got Cena in the corner and laid a shoulder in. Bulldog by Cena for only one. Cena tried to lock in the STF, but punk escaped the ring before it could be locked on. They went to break with Punk recovering.

[Commercial Break]

Punk had Cena in a rest-hold, but Superman was able to break out. Clothesline for two. They kept hyping this as the first one-on-one match between the two men. Punk was in control, and connected with a neck-breaker. Elbows into the chest by Punk as he stretched out the arms of Cena. Cena avoided contact with the turnbuckle on an Irish whip, and set into motion his usual set-up moves, and hit the “you can’t see me.� Up for the Attitude Adjustment but Punk (sorta) landed on his feet. Up for the GTS, but Cena stopped short, pulled the leg and locked in the STF. Punk got to the bottom rope to force the break. Kick to the head by Punk out of desperation- he couldn’t make the cover in time and only got two. Punk with the knee in the corner and some mocking of the “you can’t see me.� Cena threw him off on a bulldog attempt. Cena went to the top and hit his version of the Sicilian Slice. That got two. Crowd hot for the finish here. Up for the Attitude Adjusment, but Punk got out and delivered a high dropkick. Cover, but again only two. Cena took Punk to the second rope and hit a swank Attitude Adjustment off the second buckle. Pin was academic.

Winner: Cena, at 11:58. Good chemistry between these two despite this being their first match.

[Commercial Break]

-Lawler and Cole talked on camera about this special Thanksgiving Raw. Cole talked about how Jesse Ventura promised this would be a revolutionary Raw. I’ve been watching for 10 minutes and they’ve already said Revolution/ary at least a dozen times.

-They showed Jesse Ventura and Randy Orton in the ring at the beginning of the show and Ventura’s announcement of qualifying matches/battle royal. Fans booed that no former champion can be involved? I love that.

-Cole talked about how Kofi Kingston and Sheamus have already qualified for the Battle Royal.

-Backstage, Ventura greeted Vince McMahon backstage. Vince cut him off and said he doesn’t want to face Jesse, like the challenge Piper set out last week. Ventura said he’d never stoop so low as to wrestle Vince. Ventura said he wants to hit Vince below the belt, mentally. McMahon suggested he’d guest-star on Conspiracy Theory. Nope. It was nothing political, either. Jesse said Vince may feel good to be a billionaire, but he ran Minnesota with a budget of $32 billion. Ventura said he called Vince in to take him down memory lane. Ventura said he’s one of the few who remembers Vince Sr., and he didn’t believe in Vince Jr., because he made him an announcer. Ventura said tonight, he and McMahon would go back on the mic together, just like Saturday Night’s Main Event. McMahon said Jesse hasn’t changed at all. Ventura gave Vince a suit to wear and sized him up for a bow tie. Ventura said he looked like Bozo’s twin brother. I’m loving this. Does Cole get to yell on the headset backstage?

[Commercial Break]

(4) Chavo Guerrero & Jack Swagger & Chris Masters vs. R-Truth & Mark Henry & MVP –Breakthrough Battle Royal Qualifying Match

Swagger put MVP on the mat and kept him there for a short time. Hip-toss by MVP, then a right hand for a one-count. Blind tag to Masters, who attacked MVP from behind. Must be nice for Chavo to be in a serious match for the first time in a while. He beat down MVP for a minute, then Masters slammed MVP to the canvas. Clothesline by MVP, and then he tagged R-Truth. Truth did all of his pet moves, including the back heel kick for two. The match broke down when Chavo interfered, and he ended up being pressed over Henry’s head and tossed onto Swagger at ringside. Twisting, flying forearm by Truth on Masters and he picked up the win.

Winners: MVP, Henry and Truth, at 3:08. Your usual three-minute Raw tag match.

-Backstage, Shawn Michaels looked worried as Triple H stared right at him. HBK didn’t make any eye contact as The Game finally asked him about the kick. Michaels said he was sorry, but it was for the championship. And he figured Triple H was going to Pedigree him first. Trips said no, but his face said yes. HBK said he was aiming for Cena. A little person walked up and gave a letter to Michaels. It’s a lawsuit- Hornswoggle is suing them in Little People’s court next Monday (with Verne Troyer as guest star). “It’s a little short notice,� said Triple H. Yeah, and now no one is going to tune in next week thanks to this being announced ahead of time.

[Commercial Break]

-Evan Bourne came out for a qualifying match. His opponent, Primo, came out as well, but Primo was attacked in the aisle by Randy Orton. Orton threw Primo off the stage and rammed him into the stage several times. Orton got in the ring and told the ref to ring the bell, but he wisely didn’t. If this was TNA, he would’ve. Jesse came onto the Titan-Tron and said Orton has been in his face all night. He respects a rule-breaker like Orton, since he was one himself. So he’s going to break his own rule, because persistency pays off. So if Orton can beat Bourne, he’ll be in the battle royal.

(5) Evan Bourne vs. Randy Orton–Breakthrough Battle Royal Qualifying Match

Orton attacked right off the bat and stayed right on Evan. Jumping knee by Bourne though, as well as a kick to the head. Off the top, double knees to the shoulder. Wouldn’t it be great if Bourne would win this? Springboard cross-body was caught by Orton and turned into a scoop slam. RKO  pin.

Winner: Orton, at 1:27. There wasn’t much to like about this segment, but at least they’re keeping Orton strong.

-Ventura and Vince will be calling the breakthrough battle royal. They showed clips of the hijinks the two got into and the barbs they threw at each other from back in the day.

-The first ever Mayflower Melee is next- Kelly Kelly, Mickie James and Melina were walking backstage, fully clothed. If this were 10 years ago, they certainly wouldn’t be fighting fully clothed in a Thanksgiving gimmick match.

[Commercial Break]

-Lawler plugged WWE.com and its “Biggest Turkeys� section.

-The Marine 2 trailer aired. Apparently, it’s based on a true story.

-DiBiase and Cody Rhodes were talking backstage. No audio, as Cole talked over them- they’re both participating in a Breakthrough Battle Royal match.

-The Pilgrims (Michelle McCool, Layla and Jillian, dressed as Pilgrims) came out for the Divas match. They were not happy. McCool got on the mic to voice her displeasure with having to wear the outfit. But McCool was cut off by Justin Roberts, who announced the guest timekeeper: The Gobbledygooker. He came out to about the same reaction he got at Survivor Series all those years ago. Match will take place after break.

[Commercial Break]

(6) Michelle McCool & Layla & Jillian (The Pilgrims) vs. Mickie James & Kelly Kelly & Melina (The Indians)- Mayflower Melee Match

They were still playing the ‘gooker theme when they came back. Then they showed footage of the infamous moment he broke out of the egg 19 years ago. They played Tatanka’s theme song for the Indians! Take-down by Jillian on Melnia to start things off. Jillian pulled Melina off the second rope by her dress. Elbow by Jillian after sending Melina into the ropes (and suffering through an apparent mis-communication). Take-down by the hair again by Melina. Distraction by Layla led to Jillian clotheslining Melina. After Melina knocked Layla and McCool off the apron, the two Smackdown divas left. Jillian called for them to come back, but they didn’t and Melina rolled Jillian up for the win.

Winners: Melina, Michelle and Kelly, at 2:02. You’d think having only Melina and Jillian, two of the actual wrestlers, in the ring for the entire match would make it good, but it wasn’t.

-Lawler interviewed the face Divas after the match. The ‘gooker danced around in the ring as Melina had to feign that the tag match was a “big win.� The ‘gooker took the headgear off and revealed that it was Maryse- she then attacked Melina from behind. She pounded away with some terrible shots with the head, then took the costume off (well, she had trouble with the bottom part). Then she did her trademark pose. So where did Mickie and Kelly go?

-Later tonight, DX faces the Hart Dynasty.

[Commercial Break]

(7) D-Generation X vs. The Hart Dynasty

No tension between DX on the way to the ring. See, instead of bringing guys over from other brands, they could use the three hours to use underutilized Raw talent and start mid-card feuds. But no. Not WWE. Flying forearm by Michaels started things off. Kidd must’ve tagged, because David Hart Smith came in and slammed Michaels. Natalya was at ringside with the Harts. Big back-breaker by Smith as the crowd chanted, “HBK.� Low dropkick from Kidd for two. Shawn fought out of a rest-hold. Delayed vertical suplex by Smith for a near-fall. Powerslam attempt, but Michaels got out of it and the two ended up butting heads. Both Kidd and Triple H tagged in. Talk about a mismatch. High knee, then a face-buster. Spinebuster for Smith, then one for Kidd. Pedigree attempt, but Smith with a big boot. Smith got Triple H in position for a Hart Attack-like move, but Michaels superkicked him and as Kidd came off the top, The Game Pedigreed him. Match over.

Winners: DX, at 4:56. Good for the Harts to mix it up with someone other than Cryme Tyme.

Chris Jericho’s music interrupted the DX celebration. He came out alone. He said Ventura told him that DX would face Jericho & Big Show in three weeks for the Undisputed Tag Titles. Show isn’t there tonight- he took a personal day. Trips said he knows about the match and he knows Show ain’t there- they’re in Hershey, after all, so Show is at the chocolate factory and can’t get him out. Jericho said this isn’t a joking matter, and Michaels agreed. He said that at the TLC PPV, there’s going to be tables matches, ladder matches, and chair matches. What’s a chair match? Michaels said the match for them would be TLC. Jericho stopped HBK from doing the “if you’re not down with that.� He said he’s sick of the catchphrases, then threw out his own “best in the world at what I do.� He said this isn’t about merchandise, fart jokes and little people. Jericho said DX has never been the tag team champions. After TLC, he said they can go back to hawking their merchandise, because he’ll still be tag champion. OK, so Big Show is hurt. I’m assuming that he’ll stick around long enough to drop the titles at TLC. They could’ve had Jericho choose ANOTHER tag partner, to continue the running gag, preferably someone who would get some rub by being with Jericho. But instead, it looks like they’re dropping the titles to DX, who don’t need them (and will get to take their antics to ruin Smackdown too). I can’t get excited about this, even if it is a TLC match.

-Batista was walking backstage. He’s on his way into the arena to comment on his attack on Rey last night.

[Commercial Break]

-They showed the inside of the Hershey Factory, to prove they’re in Hershey.

-Rey Mysterio’s music hit, but of course, it was actually Batista. In the ring, Batista said Rey wouldn’t be joining us tonight- he’ll be spending Thanksgiving in a hospital bed with no one to blame but himself. He said his good buddy decided to stab him in the back last month. He said he could’ve broken Rey in half the next Smackdown, but Rey disrespected him. Batista said Rey chose to embarrass him, so last night, he powerbombed Rey ‘til the EMT’s had to scrape him off a steel chair. Tonight, he’s putting everyone on notice- someone from Raw better win the Battle Royal tonight, because if someone from Smackdown does, he’s gonna hit the ring and make them wish they didn’t. Batista laid claim to the World Title and said no one could stop him. But Kane’s pyro and music came on and he walked to the ring. What good can come of this?

Kane asked what exactly constitutes disrespecting Batista, because interrupting him making empty threats could do it. Kane asked Batista to make an example out of him, but Batista didn’t take the bait. He backed off, with a smirk, and left the ring amid boos. So Kane’s back to being a face again?

[Commercial Break]

(8) Cryme Tyme vs. Legacy- Breakthrough Battle Royal Qualifying Match

Face-plant by JTG on Rhodes to get a two-count right off the bat. Rhodes soon turned the tide on JTG and planted him face-first with a released suplex. Some double-teaming by Legacy. JTG finally got away and tagged Shad Gaspard. Bad inverted atomic drop, but DiBiase sold it and got shoulder tackled to follow up. Gaspard went for a cover, but the pin was broken up. Rhodes and JTG went at it on the outside when from behind, DiBiase caught Shad in Dream Street and finished things.

Winners: Legacy, at 3:02. Someone needs to give the agents/writers a new book of finishes. They keep re-using the same ones over and over and over.

-The Breakthrough Battle Royal is next- they put up a helpful graphic to show who was in.

[Commercial Break]

-Theodore Long is in the building and according to Michael Cole, Batista will face Kane this Friday night on Smackdown. Son of a…..

-Backstage, Gail Kim was giving her thanks…in front of a table of pies. Alicia Fox interrupted her and said she’s thankful for not being the first one eliminated in the Divas tag match last night. Kim took a pie and threatened Fox. Fox did so too. They were nose-to-nose when Santino interrupted. He said the women should be thankful for being able to cook for their husbands and he wishes the Divas could come together in a kitchen to prepare him a meal of epic proportions. Fox and Kim pied him. He said plenty of other Divas would like to cook for him. The Bellas came up to him, showing concern, but ended up throwing pies in his face. Eve Torres came to him with a napkin to clean off his face. He told her she had the honor of cleaning his face. Then she nailed him with a pumpkin pie. Vickie snuck up with a chocolate pie one of her own, but Santino, who couldn’t see, threw his hands up and walked away. One of his hands hit the pie, and it flew into Vickie’s face. That was kinda funny.

-Jesse Ventura came out to do color commentary. He’s really looking old. Ventura, once he got to the announce table, reminded everyone that he’s in charge and he wanted to turn back time. He called Vince to come out. He got an old school Titan-Tron and music and walked to the ring in his suit and bow-tie. They both put on the headsets and Ventura complimented the tie.

-Kofi Kingston was the first to come out for the battle royal. It’s next.

[Commercial Break]

(9) Breakthrough Battle Royal To Become Number One Contender For The WWE Championship

Vince is playing things pretty straight thus far. Legacy went after Kofi right off the bat. This is surreal. Orton went to ringside to assess things. Ventura called Mark Henry the favorite- that must be a rule for announcers, they always must say the biggest man in the battle royal is the favorite. R-Truth tried to throw MVP out, but Henry helped him. Truth hung on as MVP tried to toss him. Kofi and Truth then worked on Rhodes. Ventura complained about Orton not being made to go back in by the referees. McMahon isn’t as fired up as he used to be. Orton still on the outside. Sheamus finally kicked some ass, that being Truth. He was sent out at 2:58. Orton finally came in and went after Kingston, aided by Legacy. Bicycle kick on MVP and he was thrown out at 3:43. Henry went after Sheamus and tried to eliminate him, but the rest of Legacy helped out. Henry hit the ropes slowly and clotheslined Legacy out at 4:06. Sheamus tossed him out two seconds later. Down to Sheamus, Orton and Kofi. Double axe-handle on Orton by Kingston. Sheamus stayed away. Kingston almost got tossed and he grabbed Orton by the head and threw him out at 6:20. Then Sheamus snuck up from behind and eliminated him before he could regain his bearings.

Winner: Sheamus, at 6:26. Hey, Orton didn’t win, so I’m happy.

-A contract signing, officiated by Ventura, is next.

[Commercial Break]

-Next week, Verne Troyer is the guest host of Raw.

-The ring was made up for the usual contract signing. Ventura said it was his pleasure to be back at Raw and thanked the fans. He announced Sheamus as the winner of the battle royal. He called Cena to the ring for the contract signing. Cena took a seat as Sheamus stayed on his feet. They kept avoiding saying when the match would take place. Cena laughed as he sat at the table. Sheamus demanded that Cena stand up and face him. Cena said he’s heard a lot of number one contenders, and usually, they’re future Hall-of-Famers. John asked why he should take Sheamus seriously. Cena finally stood up and said for the last few years, he’s stood in there with the best WWE has had to offer. He said he’s still champion not because he likes to prey on the weak like Sheamus, but because he’s earned it. Yeah, well, Sheamus earned his shot too. Cena said everything around him is all he’s got. He said he’s taken out everybody who has stood in his way. He told Sheamus to take a good look at the title. He said he’s not an announcer, and Sheamus won’t send him to a retirement home; signing the paper means going to war with him. Sheamus responded by saying he retires people because he can. But that’s nothing compared to what he’s going to do to Cena. Cena took his shirt off and Sheamus signed the paper- Cena followed. Ventura took the contract and said he thinks there’s a conspiracy in WWE to keep Cena champion. He said Cena is the perfect champion WWE wants. Ventura said he didn’t get title shots because he was a rebel, a revolutionary. He said WWE wants someone like Cena, who goes along to get along. Some “Cena sucks� chants. Cena approached Ventura, but Sheamus quickly put him down with a kick. He then threw Cena shoulder-first into the ring post. He brought Cena back in and powerslammed him through the table. Ventura announced that the match would be a tables match for the title. At TLC I’m assuming? They showed a replay of Sheamus’ attack. He stood over Cena, title in hand. Yes, Cole confirms it’ll be at TLC as they fade out.

TONIGHT: It’s the first (and hopefully last) edition of Little People’s Court, as Hornswoggle and DX settle their differences with, I would guess, Raw guest host Verne Troyer presiding. Also, Maryse made her return last week….what does that mean for Divas Champion Melina? And expect some more building to TLC, including Sheamus vs. John Cena and perhaps Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton.

-WWE Open.

-Raw Open.

-Wow, tonight, they’re going to have Kof Kingston take on Randy Orton in a one-one-one match.

-Also, Verne Troyer, aka Mini-Me from the Austin Powers movies, is in charge of tonight’s Raw.

-Chris Jericho and The Big Show entered the arena. As they came to the ring, Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler talked about the Ladder Match Show and Jericho have with DX at TLC. Jericho said they needed to clear up some misconceptions this evening. He wanted to dispel the line of thinking by fans that DX is the greatest tag team of all-time. He scolded fans for cheering them for their childish antics. Jericho said he and Show have defeated every tag-team that has been thrown in front of them. And they’ve got a slideshow of those wins on the Titan-Tron in the background! Big Show said DX may have the silly merchandise, but he and Jericho are the better in-ring tandem. Show discussed he and Jericho’s championship credentials. His sentiments were echoed by Jericho, who said they can’t be beat. Show transitioned into talking about the knockout power of his fist, and even called the fans “sycophants.� He talked about swinging the chair at DX with the fist and the power behind it. Eh, that’s a reach. Jericho also said DX has never been in a TLC match before. “DX� chants from the fans finally brought DX out to rebut Jericho & Show.

Triple H of course told the champs that they were boring him to death. He said being tag champion doesn’t mean much because Jericho and Show are champs and no one gives a crap about them. Way to devalue the belts and also gives them an out for losing at TLC. Trips pointed to the fans, his DX Army, who believe in the same things he and Shawn do- grab life by the throat and make it give you what you want. Michaels said DX would make history in his hometown of San Antonio at the PPV. Shawn said there was an added bonus and Hunter said it was that they rid Raw of Chris Jericho. He reminded everyone that Jericho is a Smackdown superstar and the only thing putting him on Raw is the tag belts. Crowd started singing the “goodbye� song. Jericho responded by saying that Raw is nothing without him. He said he knows it eats DX up inside that he and Show are better than them. Jericho said he and Show won the titles in their first match in existence. Didn’t Show get the belt because Edge got hurt? Trips said Jericho makes a lot of good points, but two weeks can’t come fast enough for him. He challenged Jericho to a match for tonight. Show and Jericho whispered in each other’s ears, then Jericho agreed to it. The caveat: If Jericho loses, DX faces him in a handicap match. If Jericho wins, Triple H faces himself and Jericho in a handicap match. The terms were accepted. Jericho had four words for DX and their Army: “I’m never leaving Raw.� Wow, JeriShow got the last word against DX? Interesting.

-Another plug for Kofi vs. Randy for later tonight, and they showed Kingston ruining Orton’s race car last month in Buffalo.

-Also tonight: guest host Verne Troyer.

[Commercial Break]

(1) Melina & Gail Kim vs. Maryse & Jillian Hall

The feed went out during the Melina/Kim entrance. It came back on with Maryse backstage. She was with Jillian Hall. Maryse talked about wanting her Divas Title back, then did a really horrible reading of a really horrible promo. Maryse had to be held back before the mathc, but didn’t want any of her early on. Quick roll up by Jillian for two. Monkey-flip on Jillian that looked like it should’ve hurt Melina more. Kim with a dropkick off the top, but Maryse broke up the pin. Jillian took over on offense with a back-breaker and a slam. Maryse tagged in and taunted Melina. Kim with a neckbreaker after some Maryse trash-talk. She tagged Melina in and she hit an Eve Torres-like single-leg dropkick. Spear by Melina, who then fought off Jillian, throwing her into an awesome clothesline from Gail. Maryse held onto the ropes when Melina tried a Code Red, and Maryse planted Melina for a very sexy pin.

Winners: Maryse & Jillian, at 2:54. In under three minutes, you could tell Kim was head-and-shoulders better than the other three.

-They showed highlights of Sheamus from last week, beating Finlay and then winning the Breakthrough Battle Royal. Sheamus was also walking backstage…he’s next.

[Commercial Break]

(2) Sheamus vs. Santino Marella

Sheamus go the mic before the match and said last week, Cena asked why he should take him seriously. Sheamus answered, “because I put him through a table,� and that’s all he has to do at TLC. He then said he’d become the new WWE champion and Cena will take him seriously after that. Speaking of taking people seriously, it’s Santino. Santino was offended Sheamus didn’t focus his attention on him. Santino said he has skin pigmentation too and asked if Sheamus was after his Lucky Charms. Santino took his eye of Sheamus during his promo, so Sheamus attacked. Bell didn’t ring yet, but Sheamus was showing who was boss. Sheamus ended things with the pump kick. Oh, I was wrong. He used the running Razor’s Edge to finish it. Wrong again! Sheamus went under the ring for a table. That was enough to chase referee Justin King from the ring. Crowd chanted for Cena as Sheamus set the table in the corner. Lawler said Cena hasn’t even arrived at the arena yet. Some champion he is. Sheamus put Santino through the table with a running powerslam-like move. Impressive.

Winner: No match

-Big Show and Jericho were walking and talking backstage. They came upon Verne Troyer talking on his phone and he look even smaller than I thought. Of course, he was standing next to Big Show. They shook hands and he went back to his phone as Jericho tried to interrupt him. He told Jericho to “hold that thought.� Jericho then walked away in anger as Troyer shook Show’s hand again. He’ll be out next

[Commercial Break]

-Lawler thanked Switchfoot for “Bullet Soul,� the official TLC theme song.

-Justin Roberts brought out Verne Troyer. He was out sitting on a stool. Troyer said he saw Seth Green host Raw and since he had a great time, he wanted to try it himself. He said when he was at Summerslam this Summer, everybody was so great. Except one person, who was obnoxious and inconsiderate. Who was it? The Miz. That brought out Miz, who said he didn’t remember seeing Verne at the party. Miz said he felt awful about it and said if there was anything he can do, like give him one million dollars….and he did his Austin Powers impression, saying he could buy Verne a wig and call him Mini-Miz. Troyer said he’d imitate Miz, but he hasn’t done any movies. Crowd liked that and did the “ohhh!!� He said he’s surprised too, because they filmed two Jackass movies. Troyer even said he’s better with the ladies than Miz. Miz said he has no problem using the ring posts as uprights and Verne as a football, and kicking him right through them. That brought out Mark Henry.

Miz congratulated Troyer for getting saved by “The World’s Blandest Man.� Miz then imitated Fat Bastard and said Henry would eat Troyer. Miz said Henry is as boring as the half-human being that’s hosting this show. Miz said Troyer’s 15 minutes are up and to get off his stage. He did the “I’m The Miz, and I’m awesome!� bit. Troyer said he wants to slap that stupid grin of Miz’s face, but he has someone else in mind to do it. Henry had a rather big smile on his face. Troyer then made the match between the two of them.

-Jericho vs. Triple H is still to come tonight.

-Also, Kingston vs. Orton. They briefly showed Orton getting eliminated in the Breakthrough battle royal last week. This match is next.

[Commercial Break]

(2) Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton

Match two beginning after the top of the hour. Whoops, I guess not, as Cody Rhodes attacked Kingston from behind during his entrance. Referees came out to scold Rhodes and keep him away from Orton’s scheduled opponent, who was down near the ringside steps. Crowd chanted for Kofi as he got to his feet. Yeah, they’re just reeling in the fans with Kingston here. Referee John Cone asked Kofi if he could continue with the match, and Kofi of course did. Then Orton came out. Nope, his music played and DiBiase attacked him from behind! They are really getting me with this trickeration tonight. DiBiase worked over Kingston’s leg as refs came out to get Teddy Jr. away. Kingston got to his feet again and still demanded the match take place. Orton stomped out, wanting to take advantage of Kofi’s weakened state.

Orton went right after the left leg with a take-down. He wrapped Kofi’s leg around the ring post from the outside. He stomped on Kofi’s chest as Kofi was stuck under the bottom rope. He catapulted Kofi throat-first into the very same bottom rope. Orton stomped at Kofi in the corner the ref admonished him. Kingston tried to fight back and did so with right hands, but Orton hit an RKO. He rolled Kingston over and the pin was academic.

Winner: Orton, at 3:09. They got some more heat on Orton without really doing any damage to Kofi, so it was win-win.

After the match, Orton got Kofi to his feet and set him up on the top rope. Does Kofi not have any friends in the locker room? He DDT’d him off the top rope, his feet dangling on the ropes. Cone could be heard telling Orton “that’s enough.� “Randy sucks� chant from the kids in the crowd.

-A reminder that Verne Troyer is guest host tonight.

[Commercial Break]

-Cole talked about WWE.com’s List This!, top Highway Robberies in wrestling history.

-MVP was playing Verne Troyer in Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 backstage. Mark Henry walked in and so did Jillian Hall, who said unlike Henry, she’s bursting with personality. She wanted to sing “Single Ladies� by Beyonce. MVP interrupted and said Henry has tremendous personality- he’s just about business in the ring. MVP said Henry can dance. He wanted Henry to dance to Jillian’s song. So Henry did, not too willingly. Henry ended up slipping and falling on her. MVP and Henry left, and Troyer continued playing the game with Jillian out on the floor.

-Cole and Lawler ran down the TLC card.

-A Mustang drove into the parking area, and John Cena got out. He looked very serious as he started walking backstage.

[Commercial Break]

-John Cena came out. We’re at just over six minutes of wrestling one hour and twenty minutes into the show. Cena said Sheamus tried to make an example out of him, but he hasn’t won anything yet. And Cena said he will have a rematch clause. Cena said he told Sheamus he better be ready for war. Tonight, we go to war. Cena said it was his turn to make a statement as he started yelling like he usual does. He proclaimed that he’d fight Sheamus tonight for the WWE Championship. Cena paced around the ring as the crowd cheered for him. They’re in the palm of WWE’s hand tonight. I just wish we had Stacy Keibler as guest host instead. And the last man you possibly thought would interrupt, Carlito, came out.

No facial hair for him, but the head-hair was the same. Carlito had a mic. Is he gonna shoot? Carlito told Cena he’s not Sheamus, and doesn’t even know him. He said there’s a locker room of superstars hoping Sheamus beats Cena at the PPV. Not only Raw, but ECW and Smackdown’s locker rooms as well. Carlito has dropped the deeper accent, it seems. Carlito said everyone is tired of Cena, his wristbands and everything he stands for. Where are his wristbands? I think that’s a question we’ve all been asking: Where’s MY wristband? Carlito said Cena may represent the people, but Sheamus represents the boys in the back. Carlito said Sheamus will put him through a table at TLC and beat him good. Cena said he’s never been more serious and said, remember when you’re bodyguard stabbed me? Oh sorry, he didn’t. He told Carlito his mouth is getting him into a fight he can’t handle. He told Carlito to step up if he doesn’t like him. But if he makes one move, he’ll rain hell down on Carlito. Cena said if he doesn’t like him, do something about it. Carlito took a bite of the apple, but Cena punched him and gave him the Attitude Adjustment. Then he threw Carlito out of the ring. Sheamus came out onto the stage to stare at Cena. As his music played, Cena called him to the ring. Sheamus began to walk out, but stopped short on the entrance ramp and thought better of it. Interesting angle to take and it’d be awesome if they followed up the “the locker room hates Cena� bit. Carlito cut a good promo, but it was kinda destroyed when he tried to do the gimmicky apple thing and was disposed of by Cena. I don’t really have anything good to say about Cena’s promo or his style of delivery.

-Jericho vs. Triple H is still to come tonight.

-Next, it’ll be Miz vs. Mark Henry, as Miz was walking backstage.

[Commercial Break]

-Verne Troyer came out again. They haven’t mentioned Hornswoggle bringing DX to court yet! Not that I’m complaining. Anyway, MVP and Mark Henry came into the arena. MVP wanted to show how awesome Mark Henry was. Henry did the slowest, corniest rap ever to some generic rap music in the background. Then they went to break. Zuh?

[Commercial Break]

(3) Mark Henry vs. The Miz

Cole said Henry could vault to the top of the U.S. Title food chain with a win here. Henry took Miz down in the corner. Miz tried to ground Henry, but it didn’t work. He had Henry in a bad way, but then made the mistake of going to the top rope. He jumped into Henry’s waiting arms, and Henry landed the World’s Strongest Slam to end the match.

Winner: Henry, at 2:02. Uneventful.

Troyer wanted to celebrate with the ladies. Kelly Kelly, the Bella Twins and Eve Torres came out to dance with Troyer and Henry. Henry ended up putting Verne on his shoulder. They stayed with that a bit too long.

-Chris Jericho was walking backstage. He faces Hunter next.

[Commercial Break]

-Next week’s guest host: Billionaire Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban.

-Shawn and Hunter were backstage. Hunter said he dreamed a little guy came up to them and handed them a piece of paper saying they were needed in Little People’s court. But good thing it was only a dream. Hornswoggle walked up in a suit. He grunted as we got some captioning that said he is disappointed they ignored his pleas to settle things and he will have to take matters further. Troyer drove up in a Universtiy of Michigan motorized cart and told Hornswoggle (who towered over him) to take them for everything they are worth.

(4) Chris Jericho vs. Triple H

Shawn Michaels joined the dynamic duo on commentary. Jericho appeared to try to head out, but Triple H ran him down. Big Show’s music played when The Game threw Jericho back into the ring. Jericho attacked Hunter while he was distracted as they went to break about a minute in.

[Commercial Break]

Jericho was standing tall in the ring as Show had joined the commentary team. Cole went over the stipulations for this match once again. Jericho threw Triple H out of the ring, then into the ring steps. Back in the ring, Jericho slugged away at The Game, using the knee to choke him. Irony! Trips got to his feet in a side head-lock, then he used a high knee to take Jericho. Hunter began to make his comeback at the exact top of the hour. Spinebuster turned into a roll-up turned into a Walls of Jericho. Triple H powered out, but Jericho hit an enziguiri for a near-fall. Bulldog from Jericho. Jackknife cover for him got two. Big Show: “I can’t wait to make you eat wood.� There’s your out-of-context quote of the week. The back-and-forth continued with a DDT from Jericho at two. There’s the spinebuster from Hunter for two-and-a-half. Show got off the headsets and approached the ring. HBK saw it, and tried to cut him off, but Show shoved him head-first into the side of the apron in a sweet looking move. The ref was distracted and Show punched Triple H with a right hand. As the ref tossed Show out of the ringside area, HBK came in and superkicked Jericho. The ref then threw Michaels out. Both men were out in the ring. The ref gave them a standing 10-count and both men made it up at nine. Codebreaker shrugged off, Pedigre countered, Walls countered and Hunter rolled him up for the win.

Winner: Hunter, at 11:12. Aren’t you supposed to be putting the faces in the handicap match?

They replayed what just happened. HBK was out on the stage with Trips and a mic. Michaels said next week will be Jericho’s last night on Raw. And if you’re not down with that, they’ve got two words for ya. Jericho looked up the ramp with hesitation as Triple H and HBK continued looking down at one of their opponents at TLC.

Any chance Shameus wins the title at TLC?

Aslo what does it mean to mark someone? I was reading a wrestling forum and people were talking about marking or mark.

I would say his chances are slim- being a tables match will allow Cena to beat Sheamus without actually pinning him.

A "mark" is someone who generally still believes wrestling is real or at least is a super-huge fan of someone and is blind to whatever faults they have. "Marking out" is basically suspending your disbelief and cheering at a show (or watching on TV) as if the events are real- many people did this for the Michaels vs. Taker match at Wrestlemania.

Does the Scottish guy Drew McIntyre get much airtime yet?

Though he wasn't on Smackdown this past week, he's one of the guys WWE is heavily pushing.

I find this quite amusing cos he is from my town, and I met him like 3 years ago when he fought against one of my school teachers for charity in the school sports hall lol.

Does the Scottish guy Drew McIntyre get much airtime yet?

Though he wasn't on Smackdown this past week, he's one of the guys WWE is heavily pushing.

I find this quite amusing cos he is from my town, and I met him like 3 years ago when he fought against one of my school teachers for charity in the school sports hall lol.

That's pretty neat.

TONIGHT: Raw is live from Dallas, where it will be hosted by Maverick(s) own Mark Cuban. Mavs’ players are expected to be in attendance or on the show, as already Shawn Marion has Tweeted that he’ll be there. Cody Rhodes has challenged Cuban in the past week….will he accept? In the main event, Chris Jericho, by virtue of being on the losing end of a match with Triple H last week, will have to face both members of DX in a handicap match. Also, it’s the final Raw before TLC: Tables, Ladders, Chairs, so we’ll get hype for those matches as well- and will Randy Orton vs. Kofi Kingston make it onto the show?

-WWE Open.

-Raw Open.

-Tonight, Miz puts his U.S. Title on the line against Mark Henry. Also, will it be Chris Jericho’s last match on Raw after he faces DX in a two-on-one match?

-Justin Roberts introduced Mark Cuban, who came to the ring out of the crowd, as he is wont to do at NBA games. “I came to party with Cuban� sign in the crowd. He asked if there were any Mavs fans in the crowd. He intimated that he’d be at ringside tonight. Cuban said he’d have a showdown later on between Sheamus and John Cena. Not sure what qualifies as a “showdown,� so we’ll have to wait and see. Oh, I guess it’ll just be dueling interviews. Cuban wanted to get things started, so Cena’s music hit.

(1) John Cena vs. Carlito

This isn’t going to be good for business. For what it’s worth, Carlito was wearing a black arm-band. He looks to be in a little better shape, too. He was on offense for the first minute or so, hitting a knee-lift. But then Cena tried an Attitude Adjustment. Carlito got out and dropkicked Cena for two. Michael Cole said that Maverick players Shawn Marion and Tim Thomas were at ringside with Cuban, along with the Bellas, of course. As Cena was about to land his trademark fist-drop, Sheamus’ music hit and Sheamus came out. Cuban hopped the barricade and walked to the bottom of the ramp, I guess to block Sheamus from coming to the ring. Sheamus slowly approached, but security finally came out and blocked Sheamus’ path. He finally backed away. From behind, Carlito FINALLY got to his feet and attacked Cena. Back-stabber, but instead, Cena put him on his shoulders for an Attitude Adjustment for three.

Winner: Cena, at 2:55. At least Sheamus didn’t back down from Cuban standing there. That’s what I was afraid of. I think they could’ve strung this Carlito-Cena business out a little longer, but whatever.

-Sheamus and Cena will have a showdown later tonight.

[Commercial Break]

-Next Monday, the Slammy Awards return, hosted by comedian Dennis Miller. Special start time of 8pm EST!

-Randy Orton and his Legacy brahs came out. Orton applauded Cuban for displaying some authority vis-à-vis Cena and Sheamus. He also thought that the showdown will end in chaos tonight. But Orton said Cuban can do something for him, that being lifting his ban on not getting a title shot at Cena. He wanted to be the next man in line for the WWE Championship. Cuban already shaking his head “no.� DiBiase told Cuban what happened the last time he and Orton crossed paths, and they showed Orton RKO’ing Cuban from Survivor Series 2003. Cuban said he knows Orton got lucky against Kofi Kingston last week. He said the refs didn’t have the guts to stop the match last week when they should’ve. He said he respects the fact that Orton is a competitor, and Orton will fight Kingston tonight…..but Cuban will be the referee. Cody Rhodes said they’re not Kenyon Martin or his mother, so he can’t talk to them last night. He called Cuban “all talk,� and challenged him to a match. If Rhodes wins, the ban on Orton gets lifted. Cuban suggested they take it up in June, after the Mavericks win the NBA title. But right now, Legacy has a match: and Evan Bourne and Primo are the opponents. And it’s next!

[Commercial Break]

(2) Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes vs. Evan Bourne & Primo

Match was oined in progress out of break, with Legacy double-teaming Primo with a pancake. Primo and Bourne also had black arm-bands, but no mention by the announcers of Umaga’s death yet. This match is a re-match from WWE Superstars this past week. Primo came back with a back-drop but as Rhodes tagged in, he took out Bourne to prevent a tag. Things were finally evened up when Bourne and DiBiase made tags. Boy, Bourne and Primo could be a good team generally because they add so much energy to their matches. Air Bourne was cut off by Teddy, who tried a superplex. It was blocked, and Bourne hit the double-knees off the top with a pin broken up by Rhodes. Primo took him out. Bourne missed a flying kick and DiBiase locked in, then landed Dream Street for the win.

Winners: Legacy, at 3:36. Fun while it lasted, as all four guys generally entertain me.

Roberts had a message from Cuban: Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes have now been ejected from the arena.

-Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler talked about Sheamus’ path of destruction. They showed a video package of what he has done on Raw thus far, namely, ending Jamie Noble’s career.

-Sheamus and Cena have a showdown in the ring that is still to come.

[Commercial Break]

-Kelly Kelly was in the ring. She’s guest ring announcer I guess.

(3) Maryse vs. Gail Kim

The ladies started brawling almost immediately, thanks to what could be perceived as a cheap shot by Maryse. Clothesline by Gail, then a running gut shot in the corner. Roll-up by Kim for two. Flying corner clothesline by the Asian Sensation. Maryse caught her coming in with a slap to the face. Maryse tried to run away, but Kim caught her and slammed her face-first into the apron. Then face-first into the turnbuckle back in the ring. Kim went to the second rope, but Maryse kicked her legs out from under her, then rolled her up, using the ropes for leverage, and got the win.

Winner: Maryse, at 1:32. Short, but Gail did what she could with Maryse.

She took the mic from Kelly Kelly and demanded she announcer her as the next Divas champion. Kelly pushed her and the two women started fighting until Melina ran her off. That is how to NOT book an angle organically.

-Mark Cuban is referee tonight in the match between Randy Orton and Kofi Kingston.

[Commercial Break]

-Shawn Michaels and Triple H were backstage, decorating a Christmas tree. There was a DX poster and a Hulk Hogan poster in the background. That’s gotta irk Triple H. HBK and Triple plugged their merchandise. Trips said the season is more about giving than receiving. Michaels gave his gift, the Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 video game, to The Game. I bet Triple H gives Michaels the Hogan DVD. Trips said he already got a free game in the mail. Triple H said he got a gift for Shawn too….it was a huge gift. Hunter said he hoped it’d fit. Shawn took off the top and Hornswoggle popped out. He showed off a t-shirt with him and DX on the front and on the back, it said, “World’s Littlest Member.� Very age appropriate. DX looked dumbfounded, and Michaels translated the grunts from Horny. Michaels made a Star Wars joke and he and Triple H argued for a while. DX took out scripts and said the material was terrible and asked who wrote it. A guy in a headset standing just off-camera ran away. Then when they turned their attention to Hornswoggle, he had disappeared. He was on top of the Christmas tree, going after Shawn’s DX hat. He hopped down onto both of them, knocking them down. Then he got up, crotch-chopped the camera, and ran away. Just awful.

-Cole and Lawler talked about the deal WWE cut with British Sky TV, agreeing to work together for another five years. Lawler read a quote from the press release. Were they short on material this week? Cole said people in England are interested in one of their own countrymen, Sheamus. Huh? Then they showed Sheamus destroying Lawler at MSG.

-Cena and Sheamus have a “showdown� later tonight.

-Kofi Kingston was walking backstage….he faces Orton next.

[Commercial Break]

-Referee Mark Cuban, already in the ring, was introduced.

(4) Randy Orton vs. Kofi Kingston

Anyone know why they keep giving the logo in the corner at the top of the hour, as if they’re starting another show? Doesn’t it have to do with how ratings are tabulated or something? Anyway, Kofi took Randy to the outside immediately, and dove through the middle ropes and onto him. Back in the ring, Kingston missed with a high-risk move and that allowed Orton to slow the pace down after a clothesline. Boot to the face after some choking in the ropes by Orton. Cuban has been more of a bystander thus far. Rear chinlock from the master of the move. Crowd tried to get behind Kofi, but Orton took him down with a hair pull. Then he got in Cuban’s face, but Cuban didn’t back down. And another chinlock. Kofi went after Orton in the corner, but Cuban separated him, allowing Orton some room. Some loud boos to a few fans for Kofi. Russian leg sweep, then Kingston hit the Boom drop. Trouble in Paradise but no, Orton countered with his back-breaker. RKO, reversed into a backslide and the fast counts of all fast counts ended the match.

Winner: Kingston, at 5:17. I actually wouldn’t have been surprised to see Cuban turn heel here. They should’ve had other near falls where Cuban would’ve counted slowly.

Cuban got on the mic and said he waited six years for payback, and he got him. Cuban said it’s time for the rubber match between Orton and Kingston at TLC. Kingston and Cuban celebrated on the ramp.

-Another video of Sheamus, this time, winning the Breakthrough Battle Royal. So weird to hear Vince McMahon calling that one.

-Another plug for the Sheamus vs. Cena showdown.

-Last week, Triple H beat Jericho one-on-one, putting Jericho in a handicap match against DX.

-MVP was walking with Mark Henry, headed to the ring for Henry to face Miz for the U.S. Title, next.

[Commercial Break]

(5) The Miz vs. Mark Henry- United States Championship Match

Henry with a headbutt and Miz foolishly tried a sunset flip. Henry missed the butt splash (does that ever land anymore?) and Miz got a quick two-count. Another headbutt for Henry, then he just plowed into Miz. Press slam, but Miz got down. He dropkicked Henry out of the ring. Miz kicked Henry into the stairs and ringpost. Henry grabbed Miz by the throat and let go. He went back into the ring as Miz recovered on the outside. Miz crept up the steps and tried to splash Henry coming off the top, but Henry caught him. Looked like it was going to be a World’s Strongest Slam, but Miz turned it into a swinging DDT for the pinfall.

Winner: Miz, at 2:40. Decent, which is the best you could hope for here. These guys don’t even get three or four minutes anymore. Gotta get in time for those hilarious DX skits.

-Jericho and Big Show were shown talking backstage, no sound. Cole said they were going over strategy for Jericho’s match tonight.

[Commercial Break]

-Lawler plugged Switchfoot’s CD, as they’re providing the TLC theme, “Bullet Soul.�

-Mark Cuban was talking to Chris Masters at ringside for some reason.

(6) Hornswoggle & Eve Torres vs. Chavo Guerrero & Jillian- Mixed Tag Match

Hornswoggle was clad in his DX gear. He got away from Chavo and tagged Eve. That mean Jillian had to come in. Jillian got a pin attempt right off the bat. She slammed Eve’s head off the mat and threw her into the turnbuckle. Then another whip to the opposite turnbuckle. Hair toss by Jillian. Eve retaliated with a flying clothesline and a dropkick for two. Eve tried a monkey flip, but Jillian shoved her down. Eve got the knees up on a splash attempt and Eve did a somersault onto Jillian for the win.

Winners: Eve and Hornswoggle, at 2:15.

Chavo grabbed Hornswoggle after the match as Eve tried to talk some sense into him. Chavo threw Horny down, and as he went in for more, Eve got between him and Hornswoggle for a big pop. Masters then hit the ring and took off his shirt. He told Chavo not to touch her. Masters told him if he wanted some, to mess with him. Oh my God, it’s a “Masterlock� chant. I….don’t know what to say. Chavo poked Masters in the chest, then backed away. Masters began to flex his pecs, and Chavo seemed mesmerized. Chavo walked back toward him and Masters blocked a punch with the Masterlock, then gave him an Uncle Slam to finish things off. Masters flirted with Eve afterward. I think I’ve seen it all now. Hornswoggle pretended to flex his pecs under his shirt as he celebrated in the ring. NOW I’ve seen it all.

-More Sheamus destruction- this time, it was his interview last week. He and Cena have a showdown tonight.

[Commercial Break]

-Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler were in the ring to plug the TLC card.

-Chris Jericho came out for his handicap match. He said he’d be named Superstar of the Year next week. Then he said he’d win OMG moment of the year, Tag Team of the year, and after his match on Sunday, match of the year. Jericho’s got an arm-band on, for those scoring at home. He said he’d be on Raw for as long as he wants, and told DX they’d be bludgeoned with steel chairs, among other items. Jericho said he has broken teeth and suffered concussions defending titles. He said the TLC match on Sunday will be a requiem for DX. He said after Sunday, there’d be another catch phrase for their fans to latch on to: “Never underestimate Chris Jericho.� I don’t see that catching on. His match with DX is next.

[Commercial Break]

(7) Chris Jericho vs. Triple H & Shawn Michaels- Handicap Match10:49:10

Chop by Michaels put Jericho on his back for the first time in the match. Kick to the head showed a lot of light from Michaels. Right hands from Hunter and he again tagged Shawn. Quick tags by the faces. Jericho grabbed the ropes in desperation and yelled for the ref to get Triple H to break it. Jericho pushed the ref into Hunter and Big Show ran out. He grabbed Michaels and headbutted him down. Show’s wrestling outfit was all black. As Show continued the beat-down, The Game got a chair and hit Show in the back. Show punched the chair into Triple H’s head. But Michaels escaped by taking Show’s legs out from under him. Then Michaels got a ladder from under the ring. Jericho, though, baseball slid it into Michaels. Show swung the ladder and wailed Hunter with it, then he got Michaels. They put Michaels and Triple H in between the sides of the ladder and Jericho hit the chair against the ladder, which was crushing DX. Jericho yelled at them, then grabbed the belts from Mark Yeaton…THEN shoved him. Funny. Jericho taunted DX with the belts in the ring. Jericho sat atop the ladder, with great pride.

Winner: No Contest, at about 5:00 (no bell). The ref bump occurred about 3:00 in. The match was nothing before that, with everybody obviously waiting for the ref bump to come. Where is Mark Cuban to make this right?

-Cena and Sheamus were walking backstage in a split-screen. Their segment is next.

[Commercial Break]

-WWE.com presents the most impactful moments featuring tables, ladders and chairs.

-Michael Irvin, Pro Football Hall-of-Famer was in the crowd.

-Mark Cuban was in the ring with a podium and a mic. He said it’s time for the Showdown and that these two men will face each other for the WWE Title Sunday. He introduced Sheamus first. “Sheamus glows in the dark� sign. There was a table and chair on either side of Cuban in the ring. Cena came out next. Cuban appeared to be reading from a sheet of paper. Cuban said he’d ask them three questions each- no answer is off-limits. First question to Sheamus. He stood up and answered, “why do you think you’ll win the title this Sunday?� He said it took Cena years to win his first title, but that won’t happen to him. He said he wants to hear Cena’s body go through a table again. Cena declined to answer. Next: “Are you concerned about competing in a tables match Sunday.� Sheamus said Cena isn’t concerned enough. He said if Cena thinks he can invoke his rematch clause, then he’s stupider than Sheamus thought, since he won’t be in any condition to do so. Sheamus said Cena would lose everything this Sunday. Cena’s rebuttal: “No Comment.� Cuban asked the final question, if either of them have anything they’d like to say directly to their opponent. Sheamus did, but Cena interrupted and said he had something to say. He said Sheamus may talk a lot, but it means little. Cena reminisced about being in the WWE seven years already. Yeah, seven LONG years. He said he’s faced everyone from Shawn Michaels to Kevin Federline. Cena said he’s always been the man to beat, and people always come to him looking for a fight. He said a lot has happened to him in the last seven years. And then he described some of the stuff. Cena said he has earned the right to say, “the champ is here.� He said one cheap shot and a smash through a table proves nothing except to make him very angry.

Cena said the time for talk is over on Sunday, and he’s the guy to make Sheamus a footnote in WWE history. Cena said Sheamus impresses him, but doesn’t intimidate him. Sheamus got pissed and dumped the table. Cena threw the chair out of the ring, tipped over the table and pushed the podium down. Cuban tried to get in between the men, but Sheamus shoved him down. As Cena looked at Cuban, Cena gave him the Pump kick. Sheamus got a table, set it up in the corner, and then kicked Cena in the head again. Sheamus looked at Cuban, who began to stir. He got to his feet and went face-to-face with Sheamus. He shoved Sheamus on his ass. Sheamus was surprised, to say the least. He got back to a vertical base and knee’d Cuban in the gut. Aw, I was hoping he’d go through a table! He picked Cuban up and drove him through the table in the corner! Mark Cuban is my hero. Cena is still down on the floor for some reason. A couple Dallas Mavericks jumped the rail and stood ringside yelling at Sheamus as he fled the ring. One guy was laughing, which wasn’t helping things. After a replay, Cena stared angrily at Sheamus as medical personnel tended to Cuban.