Celebrity Encounters

MiRi

People over at Oh No They Didn't are doing this and I thought it would be nice if we do the same.

-Post a picture of you and a celebrity!

-Tell us about a time you met a celebrity!

-Post autographs!

-Are you related to a celeb?

Let's see...

I met Lindsay Lohan once. It was at a 'N Sync basketball celebrity charity game at the Bank Atlantic Center. I had floor seats, so before the game started, people were walking around the court and no one really gave a crap. I grabbed my camera and talked to some people like Shannon Elizabeth & Jason Taylor. I really wanted to meet Lindsay though. I finally called out her name when she was closer to me and she came over and took a picture with me. She was real nice too. I also met Wilmer Valderrama, JC Chasez, Danny Masterson (big hair guy from That 70's Show). I got real close to the rest of 'N Sync. They were literally right in front of me, but there was a bunch of people wanting to get their attention.

I also have Johnny Depp's autograph. I cherish it a lot.

I don't have any pics to post but AJ Burnett used to call me on my cell phone when he wanted to come play golf at a course I worked at back in 2000.

Sat next to Curt Smith from Tears For Fears when I was eating at the Terrace Point Cafe at the Wynn in May (didnt want to bother him, he was eating).

I have more but I can't think of them now.

I've met some athletes but I'm gonna stick with celebs

I met Bruce Hornsby in McDonald's once and I see him come into my old bookstore fairly often.

Colin Farrell also came into my store a lot when he was filming the movie about Jamestown a few years back.

I met pro fisherman Jimmy Houston at Bass Pro Shops and got him to autograph a few things for me.

I almost forgot the time that I met Alyssa Milano. She was with Brad Penny at the time. I am guessing they're over because I have not heard anything in a looong time. We were at a Marlins game against the Dodgers and Alyssa was there. I noticed she got up and walked up the aisle to I assumed to use the restroom. The fool that I am, ran up my aisle, and I bumped into her in the restroom. :lol She was real nice too. I was so star struck though.

I almost forgot the time that I met Alyssa Milano. She was with Brad Penny at the time. I am guessing they're over because I have not heard anything in a looong time. We were at a Marlins game against the Dodgers and Alyssa was there. I noticed she got up and walked up the aisle to I assumed to use the restroom. The fool that I am, ran up my aisle, and I bumped into her in the restroom. :lol She was real nice too. I was so star struck though.

I think you mean Carl Pavano

I met Wade too.

It was a FIU basketball game. My friend who works for FIU calls me over and tells me privately that Wade was gonna be there, but not to say anything out loud. I told Max in his ear and our two friends as well, but we were quiet about it. One of us ran to the car to grab the camera before Wade got there. Finally, he gets there. People are just staring at him as he sits down in the stands behind the opposing team's bench. Supposedly, the coach of the other team coached him at Marquette. During halftime, everyone went over to Wade and took pictures and he signed autographs. We got a picture with him too. He was super nice.

We also met Carlos Arroyo earlier this month when FIU retired his jersey. He was real nice too.

At the last FIU basketball game we went to, we met Antwan Barnes. He's the guy that was the 4th draft pick for the Baltimore Ravens that came from FIU (duh). We had never met him before when he was still playing football at FIU. We went to see him play the Dolphins and we took tons of pics of him on the field and then later on, he added us on MySpace and we saw that he has our pics in his page. Then, at the basketball game, he noticed us, said, "You guys!" He said hi to us and we took pictures. He was such a sweetheart. We were just talking about football stuff.

When I worked at Blockbuster in Plantation, I saw/conversed with Cliff Floyd regularly (sold him the Movie Pass...which is odd, because he shouldn't be worried about money). I also saw Candice Cameron/Valeri Bure, Magglio Ordonez, Tim Ruddy and Derrick Pope.

I also saw UD at Publix in Miami..

..and the most bizarre encounter was this past October. At the Bill and Ted show at Horror Nights, I saw Brian Grant with a shaved head sitting two rows in front of me. But what's crazy is that I didn't know it was him. I thought it was Ryan Reid (I had a couple of jello shows/Jeckyll and Hydes at that point), power forward for FSU.

So I yelled out "RYAN." Of course, Brian thinks I said 'Brian', so he turned around. Then he pointed at his head and said he cut his hair. Ryan Reid also has braids/locks, so obviously I kept thinking it was Ryan Reid and that HE had cut his hair.

Then at the end of the show, I walked down to him and said hey. I said, "good luck this year, I'll be at the games." He said that he was retired and tore a muscle or something. I was horror struck, because I thought that Ryan Reid, FSU's starting power forward, wasn't going to play anymore. I told him how sorry I was and good luck with everything.

So I told all my friends that Ryan Reid was retired...an hour later my friend called me and told me that he wasn't out and that he still had hair. I didn't understand. And then two days later, I realized what happened, and that it was, in fact, Brian Grant.

I've been very lucky and have met a bunch of people, mostly because of my shop. Alot of MLB,NBA,NFL,NCAA athletes come to my shop to get radios,tv's and custom systems put on the cars...

I also got to meet Ali when i was like 7 years old at the Miami Grand Prix...

And i workout 3-4 times a week at westminster H.S. Field were MLB players come by all the time to workout...

Oh and i get to talk to Tim Hardaway alot now cause his kid plays Basketball at Palmetto H.S. were my cousin is one of the coaches.

And last,when ever i go to upstate N.Y. to see my father-in-law i get to see and talk to the Teutuls quite often...

I've met and had brief conversations with a few people from various bands before and after concerts...off the top of my head, Adam and Mark from Taking Back Sunday, Andrew from Something Corporate and Jack's Mannequin, William from The Academy Is... and Cyrus from New Found Glory.

There are two graduates from my high school who are like "friends of friends" who are currently in supporting roles on TV shows: Josh Gad is on Back To You (FOX) and Seth Gabel--who went by Seth Cosentino in high school--is on Dirty Sexy Money (ABC), and he was also on Nip/Tuck. He's also married to Ron Howard's daughter. Both of them graduated like 3 or 4 years ahead of me.

Man, you all have met quite a few celebs. My list sucks next to you guys, but here I go.

Not counting FanFest or anything like that:

I saw Cody Ross at the Falls a while ago. I was walking in one direction, wearing my Marlins jersey and I noticed him as he walked by in the other direction, so after he passed me I screamed "You rule Cody!". He answered back "No, you do!", which was pretty funny.

I met The Rock at the last UM game at the Orange Bowl, where I had VIP tickets. I told him I was a huge fan of his growing up and he was really nice and signed my VIP badge.

He isn't really famous in the US, but Latin-American musician/actor Ruben Blades is a childhood friend of my fathers, so I've me him a few times. The only movie I've ever seen him in is Once Upon a Time in Mexico, where he plays the retired FBI agent.

That's about it.

I meet Ruben Blades like 5 years ago at Gloria Estefan's resturant at the beach were he was singing that night,nice guy....

Also remember he was in Predator 2... he was Danny Glovers partner

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.