PENNY PLEASE LEARN HOW TO....

pitch. Man, this guy is fastball up, fastball down, fastball right, fastball left, fastball everwhere and all the time. Please, mix in a change or a curve. Hey Penny you want to throw fastballs all the time then put him in the bully as a closer. This guy will never get it. Conditioning, attitude, and stubborness is killing himself and will never live up to his potential.

I should never have given up six runs with the stuff I had today,'' Penny said. "I was a little off in the first inning. After that I settled down, came back and did pretty well. I've just got to get that first inning out of the way.''

No, you should have given up 6 runs. They sat on your fastball and waited for YOU to throw it in THERE zone. After that the game was over, they would just set you up after that, hitting what you wanted them to hit until it was necessary from them to score again.

so much talent, so hardhead :(

Yeah, if that's an example when he has GOOD stuff, what does his bad stuff look like?

Actually his fastball did look pretty good in the later innings, but when you've put your team down 4 runs after the first inning, you weren't ready to pitch. The two walks really upset me. You're right, I saw almost nothing but fastballs.

And what was even worse, the team fought back to make it 4-3, and he promptly gave up 2 more runs in the next inning. That's a backbreaker.

He does know how to pitch. If he didnt he would of been in the minors right now. He just had one bad game. Plenty of pitchers have bad games. Give him a chance just like with Alex Gonzalez. Give them a chance....

Well Penny pitched well for us in the late innings. The bad thing is he allowed 6 runs.

I think part of his problem early on was that he had been coiled like a snake for the 5 day suspension, to much adrenalin (sp) and nerves. He wanted to have a good outing to shut up the rumors regarding his "arm problem". He did settle down and pitch well. No one hated the fact he gave up those early runs more than he did. He was also getting squeezed a little, I saw several fast balls called for balls that were strikes. Interesting note, the umpire was the one who ejected him for the guerro brawl. Penny will be just fine, wait and see. I talked to him after the game and he said he could not get his body in sinc the first inning. Ed I wish you would lay off the attitude thing. Let it go. Penny is who he is and that is what makes him the athlete he is, I have seen alot of change in him this last year. None of these guys are just your average Joe. Thats why they are where they are. I have seen him do tremendous things for people and they arent made public because he doesnt want them to be. He is a very private person.

Dawg, I don't question the man, I question the player. Penny and all the Marlins have there hearts in the right place, when it comes to helping people outside the lines. I'm questioning Penny as a pitcher, which as of today has not been very impressive. Penny to me IMO has "NOT" put out what it takes to be great. AJ last year worked deliver and his off-speed pitches. Beckett so young but knows how to pitch(mixing his offspeed pitches and his fastball) put on add weight(muscle), Pavano(I'm concern about his arm but that's another story) has worked on his mental approach(relaxing) and even taking Yoga. Penny has the talent to be as good as AJ and Beckett, but if he just wants to go up there throwing fastball up/down/right/left then put him in the Pen. These is why he always has problem in his career in the 4/5/6 because the hitters have a beat on his fastball by then if not earlier. Pitching isn't just going out there and throwing the ball. You have to study the hitters, know what he has done to you in his career, what was the counts, what the situation, the little things. I just don't see no determination to be great. JMHO