May 25, 200818 yr According to the radio dudes its going to be a "real" double header. Not a day night doubleheader so its two for the price of one. Any new info can be posted in this thread.
May 25, 200818 yr so the first at 1 then the other at 4?! Game 2 will be about 30 minutes after Game 1 ends.
May 25, 200818 yr so the first at 1 then the other at 4?! Game 2 will be about 30 minutes after Game 1 ends. ok cool
May 25, 200818 yr Will any of them be on TV? It wasn't scheduled for tomorrow but now tonight's game is tomorrow. Not televising either of them would mean 149 games instead of 150 televised.
May 25, 200818 yr ugh...I had to get stuck in a family engagment tomorrow... I'd bet one of the 2 gets rained out though anyway
May 25, 200818 yr ugh...I had to get stuck in a family engagment tomorrow... I'd bet one of the 2 gets rained out though anyway 60% chance of rain tomorrow.
May 25, 200818 yr I have a voucher which can be used for games Sunday-Thursday. Can my voucher be used tomorrow?
May 25, 200818 yr Will any of them be on TV? It wasn't scheduled for tomorrow but now tonight's game is tomorrow. Not televising either of them would mean 149 games instead of 150 televised. Rain washes out game vs. Giants The teams will make up the game as part of a doubleheader Sunday that commences at 1:10 p.m. ET at Dolphin Stadium. There will be a 20-minute separation between games. Only the first game will be televised, and it will be on FSN. Left-hander Mark Hendrickson, scheduled to pitch Sunday's series finale, was named as Sunday's first-game pitcher. The second starter is to be announced following the first game, according to Marlins manager Fredi Gonzalez. The Giants are sticking with right-hander Matt Cain in the first game and lefty Pat Misch in the second.
May 25, 200818 yr Will any of them be on TV? It wasn't scheduled for tomorrow but now tonight's game is tomorrow. Not televising either of them would mean 149 games instead of 150 televised. Rain washes out game vs. Giants The teams will make up the game as part of a doubleheader Sunday that commences at 1:10 p.m. ET at Dolphin Stadium. There will be a 20-minute separation between games. Only the first game will be televised, and it will be on FSN. Left-hander Mark Hendrickson, scheduled to pitch Sunday's series finale, was named as Sunday's first-game pitcher. The second starter is to be announced following the first game, according to Marlins manager Fredi Gonzalez. The Giants are sticking with right-hander Matt Cain in the first game and lefty Pat Misch in the second. Thanks.
May 25, 200818 yr Any confirmation that it is two games for the price of one? if its 20 mins apart, its gotta be
May 25, 200818 yr god.. why would they show the game they werent going to televise, but they wont show the one we were supposed to see? I am going to be at a wedding, and I wanted to make it home for the 2nd game... lame.
May 25, 200818 yr god.. why would they show the game they werent going to televise, but they wont show the one we were supposed to see? I am going to be at a wedding, and I wanted to make it home for the 2nd game... lame. Because that's the agreement they have in the contract. They only have the right to show a total of 150 games.
May 25, 200818 yr god.. why would they show the game they werent going to televise, but they wont show the one we were supposed to see? I am going to be at a wedding, and I wanted to make it home for the 2nd game... lame. Because that's the agreement they have in the contract. They only have the right to show a total of 150 games. I think you kinda missed the point on that one. I understand what you are saying but they are televising the one they weren't going to show. I can't stay for both and I was kinda hoping to get home in time to catch the last half of the second game on TV. Oh well, my loss.
May 25, 200818 yr god.. why would they show the game they werent going to televise, but they wont show the one we were supposed to see? I am going to be at a wedding, and I wanted to make it home for the 2nd game... lame. Because that's the agreement they have in the contract. They only have the right to show a total of 150 games. I think you kinda missed the point on that one. I understand what you are saying but they are televising the one they weren't going to show. I can't stay for both and I was kinda hoping to get home in time to catch the last half of the second game on TV. Oh well, my loss. Willinghamr and Broncobob, what are you talking about? How do you figure they are televising the game they weren't going to show? They were supposed to televise yesterday's game, but obviously it was rained out, so game 1 is yesterday's game, and they're televising it. Game 2 is today's game, which wasn't supposed to be televised in the first place.
May 25, 200818 yr god.. why would they show the game they werent going to televise, but they wont show the one we were supposed to see? I am going to be at a wedding, and I wanted to make it home for the 2nd game... lame. Because that's the agreement they have in the contract. They only have the right to show a total of 150 games. I think you kinda missed the point on that one. I understand what you are saying but they are televising the one they weren't going to show. I can't stay for both and I was kinda hoping to get home in time to catch the last half of the second game on TV. Oh well, my loss. Willinghamr and Broncobob, what are you talking about? How do you figure they are televising the game they weren't going to show? They were supposed to televise yesterday's game, but obviously it was rained out, so game 1 is yesterday's game, and they're televising it. Game 2 is today's game, which wasn't supposed to be televised in the first place. I see what you are saying. I guess you could look at it that way. I don't. I see the second game today as the make up game from Saturday and the first game as the regularly scheduled game. But I see why they are doing it this way. They would have no idea how to schedule the second game because there is no guarantee when the first game will end. That would be the reasoning. But whatever. It is what it is and I won't be able to see any part of the second game.
May 25, 200818 yr god.. why would they show the game they werent going to televise, but they wont show the one we were supposed to see? I am going to be at a wedding, and I wanted to make it home for the 2nd game... lame. Because that's the agreement they have in the contract. They only have the right to show a total of 150 games. I think you kinda missed the point on that one. I understand what you are saying but they are televising the one they weren't going to show. I can't stay for both and I was kinda hoping to get home in time to catch the last half of the second game on TV. Oh well, my loss. Willinghamr and Broncobob, what are you talking about? How do you figure they are televising the game they weren't going to show? They were supposed to televise yesterday's game, but obviously it was rained out, so game 1 is yesterday's game, and they're televising it. Game 2 is today's game, which wasn't supposed to be televised in the first place. I see what you are saying. I guess you could look at it that way. I don't. I see the second game today as the make up game from Saturday and the first game as the regularly scheduled game. But I see why they are doing it this way. They would have no idea how to schedule the second game because there is no guarantee when the first game will end. That would be the reasoning. But whatever. It is what it is and I won't be able to see any part of the second game. Oh ok. Yeah I guess you could look at it both ways. Another thing I thought--Game 1 of today's double header is the second game of the series, and I guess since FSN planned to televise the second game of the series, theyre televising game 1.
May 25, 200818 yr Author Does anyone know if the 2nd game will be on MLB.tv? I know games in Sunday night are blacked out because of Sunday night baseball.
May 25, 200818 yr Does anyone know if the 2nd game will be on MLB.tv? I know games in Sunday night are blacked out because of Sunday night baseball. I would say that both games will be on mlbtv....according to the schedule: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/scoreboard/20080525.html The 2nd game will probably have the Giants feed......
May 25, 200818 yr Author Does anyone know if the 2nd game will be on MLB.tv? I know games in Sunday night are blacked out because of Sunday night baseball. I would say that both games will be on mlbtv....according to the schedule: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/scoreboard/20080525.html The 2nd game will probably have the Giants feed...... Thanks.
May 25, 200818 yr I was hoping they would call up Tucker, De La Cruz or Volstad for the 2nd game but because of when they last pitched I don't think it will happen.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.