Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Captain Hook

Featured Replies

I know he has a young and talented bullpen, but it appears that Freddi is pretty fast to pull starters, even though the rotation has settled. I don't want this to turn into a bash due to the results in the past 2 series. Frankly I happen to think that the 3rd game in each series is a clear indication of "sh*t happens"

 

Is there any reason that Hendrickson shouldn't have been fed feet-first to the Phillies for at least another inning?

Is there any reason that Nolasco could not have finished the 6th last night?

Is there any reason that Miller could not have gone another inning today?

 

It seems to me that there is a school of thought on the board that our pitchers are not getting quality starts, and are not going deep enough into games, but between the errors that extend innings, and the quick hook, I don't think they are given the opportunity to stick around.

 

Thoughts?

I agree with this.

Miller only threw 88 pitches today.

Nolasco only had an out left to get through 7 with a 5 run lead.

 

The bullpen is good.

The bullpen, however, can only be so good for so long, throwing this many innings.

 

They are Top 3 in MLB in innings pitched, and Top 7/8 in bullpen ERA. That's great.

But if you don't let your SP stay in there, the bullpen will have no arms in it, by September.

I couldn't believe Miller got pulled after he got Howard to ground into that double play. That play right there should have been his right to another inning.

I know he has a young and talented bullpen, but it appears that Freddi is pretty fast to pull starters, even though the rotation has settled. I don't want this to turn into a bash due to the results in the past 2 series. Frankly I happen to think that the 3rd game in each series is a clear indication of "sh*t happens"

 

Is there any reason that Hendrickson shouldn't have been fed feet-first to the Phillies for at least another inning?

Is there any reason that Nolasco could not have finished the 6th last night?

Is there any reason that Miller could not have gone another inning today?

 

It seems to me that there is a school of thought on the board that our pitchers are not getting quality starts, and are not going deep enough into games, but between the errors that extend innings, and the quick hook, I don't think they are given the opportunity to stick around.

 

Thoughts?

 

I somewhat agree. When guys are struggling he should pull them quickly and he does and that's fine with me. I think when guys are pitching well he tends to pull them too early even when pitch counts are low. The problem with this is he unnecessarily burns the bullpen. Pinto is on pace for over 100 relief innings. I would bet he sees the DL this season.

I like him having a quick hook. Unfortunately the starting pitchers aren't getting the hint that they need to pitch better to stay in games longer.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.