June 22, 200818 yr Is there anyone who can check what is the Marlins record when they've committed an error, and when not? I'm interested to see how many games we've lost with bad defense playing a role. I recall a lot of loses coming from errors, but I would like to see some numbers.
June 22, 200818 yr yeah, you can :] go to mlb.com or espn.com and pull up all the box scores and keep a tally...then let us know the results
June 22, 200818 yr yeah, you can :] go to mlb.com or espn.com and pull up all the box scores and keep a tally...then let us know the results Boog u r like me...I aint gonna do all that! lol
June 22, 200818 yr You'd be better of looking for games that errors led to unearned runs I'd imagine. An error that doesn't result in any runs scored is not the same as an error that didn't change the score of the game.
June 23, 200818 yr Stupid question. While errors are likely have a negative impact on a team's ability to win. However, they occur in limited scoring opportunities, thus errors will have little impact. Often it will have no impact on the result of the game. No record will erase those facts.
June 23, 200818 yr Author I'm just wondering. I'm not a "stat guy" that's why I asked. I don't try to calculate anything, I let others that know what they're doing get it done.
June 23, 200818 yr I'll see what I can do. Stat Boy to the rescue! Lol. Stat Man! Stat Boy is what you wish you were.
June 23, 200818 yr Author The Marlins are 17-26 in games where we commit an error. ouch. Sank you fellow official photoshopist of the Marlins game day thread. an even more depressing fact is that they have committed errors in 43 games.
June 23, 200818 yr Just because they commit an error in a game doesn't necessarily mean it cost them the game. They've lost 26 games in which we they commited an error, but at the same time...not all the errors commited in those games were the reason they lost. What would be more interesting to know is how many errors have essentially cost us a game. To do that would take a lot of research that I don't feel like doing.
June 23, 200818 yr Stupid question. While errors are likely have a negative impact on a team's ability to win. However, they occur in limited scoring opportunities, thus errors will have little impact. Often it will have no impact on the result of the game. No record will erase those facts. One of these days I truly believe you'll pull yourself away from your Excel spreadsheets long enough to actually watch more than a few games. Maybe then you can add some meaningful commentary instead of all of your hypothetical effluvia.
June 23, 200818 yr I'll see what I can do. Stat Boy to the rescue! Lol. Stat Man! Stat Boy is what you wish you were. I envy you.
June 23, 200818 yr The Marlins are 17-26 in games where we commit an error. Rabb is the man! We are truly are not worthy! Thanks Rabb
June 23, 200818 yr The Marlins are 17-26 in games where we commit an error. Rabb is the man! We are truly are not worthy! Thanks Rabb
June 23, 200818 yr We have really just given a number of games away and it is not always an error. Recently, there were two games where the double play was not turned in the 9th inning. One when Cantu hesistated, I think Atlanta, and then we lost. The other where Hanley could not get a good grip. Or the pop up in the 8th on Friday that was not caught. These are not errors in the box, but they are the same to me, plays that should have or could have been made that cost a game.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.