Official Fitness thread

HanleyDavidson

NO HOMO IS OBSOLETE IN THIS THREAD! IT IS A WORKOUT THREAD! YES GUYS (and possibly Gals) WILL BE HALF NAKED AND BLAH BLAH BLAH! ITS A FITNESS THREAD! GROW UP!!!

I realized that im not the only one trying to get in shape.Post up here if your trying to lose/gain weight. Get in shape or lifting. What is your diet? Supplements? Workout routine and possibly where you work out at?

Right now I'm on a severe cutting regime. I run 15 minutes before work, I spend my hour lunch working out (30-40 minutes running, and lifting/working my core), and I run 15 minutes after work.

My diet atm:

1st breakfast: Oatmeal

Run

2nd breakfast: 5 egg whites

Pre-workout: powerbar

work out

post-workout: can of tuna and rice

Lunch: can of tuna and corn

dinner1: salmon and rice

funnnn

Around uh...I think it was 1700-1800 calories

one more month of that.

then hopefully I can go back to gaining weight.

No supplements atm but once I start back gaining weight I use Whey Protein (Breakfast, pre and post workout) and I do Creatine cycles.

I've been going to the gym to lift weights 3-4 times week for 5 years. I try to focus on two groups (legs, chest, back, abs, shoulders, arms, etc.) each workout and vary each session. I think its important to vary the types of excercises you do for each muscle group as well as the weight and reps. I don't really have a set schedule I just kind of listen to my body. My goal is not to be big, I just want to maintain higher muscle mass to fat ratio as I get older. I'm 45.

I like going to a local gym because otherwise I would not have the motivation to do it at home.

I also do some type of aerobic cross-training 3 times a week. Hiking, running, mountain biking, soccer, skiing in winter. Half the time it winds up being on a treadmill or excercise bike because of my schedule.

What I don't do but I need to do is some type of relaxation/flexibilty activity like yoga or Tai Chi. My wife has been doing yoga for a long time but I have never been able to get into it for some reason.

I don't follow a diet routine but I am vegetarian/vegan. Before you ask...I get all the protein I need.

Find foods you enjoy that are healthy. A lot of people go dieting the completely wrong way be eating really really healthy stuff that taste like sh*t.

WATER is about the biggest thing you can do. Cut out the sodas and such. Aim to drink 2 liters of water a day. Makes you feel less hungry too.

Eat 6 small meals instead of 3 (and expecially less than 3) meals a day, boosts your metabolism.

Starting off with a good breakfast (like oatmeal) increases your metabolism for the rest of the day.

And as for exercise it simply comes down to what can motivate you, and that you need to find out for yourself. Cardio can really suck ass until it becomes enjoyable (wut?) but if you can find something fun, like playing basketball or tennis or anything, then well, you're having fun while working out.

Find foods you enjoy that are healthy. A lot of people go dieting the completely wrong way be eating really really healthy stuff that taste like sh*t.

WATER is about the biggest thing you can do. Cut out the sodas and such. Aim to drink 2 liters of water a day. Makes you feel less hungry too.

Eat 6 small meals instead of 3 (and expecially less than 3) meals a day, boosts your metabolism.

Starting off with a good breakfast (like oatmeal) increases your metabolism for the rest of the day.

And as for exercise it simply comes down to what can motivate you, and that you need to find out for yourself. Cardio can really suck ass until it becomes enjoyable (wut?) but if you can find something fun, like playing basketball or tennis or anything, then well, you're having fun while working out.

We've (fluxuation, some friends, and myself) tried the basketball thing. Didn't really work out cause people stopped showing up to play. So I'm stuck alone with no one to play basketball with. lol

I also played tennis a few times with one friend but we're both VERY competitive and it started getting ugly....lol

So I just drink about 10 bottles of aquafina a day, with a balanced diet of BK, mc donalds, and cuban food at home. And quiet frankly, I've gained more weight while sticking to eating cuban food at home, as opposed to eating bk everyday. lol

well this was me about a year and a half ago

this is me two weeks ago

Ive been trying to lose those lovehandles

No, no, baby- keep those lovehandles. Gives us girls something to grab on to... :thumbup

Damn- you look good. It must be nice to get time to work out.

I'm up at 5:30am and home M-F at 9:30pm. That's a tough schedule for making time to go to the gym. And, I refuse to go and kill myself on Saturday & Sunday.

I have modified my diet to exclude: candy, chocolate, sweets, regular bread, etc.

I have increased my protein intake and cut down or cut out altogether starchy foods. I will allow myself a tablespoon of mashed potatoes or rice with dinner.

I have a sandwich on whole wheat bread for lunch crammed with meat and cheese.

Water is my beverage of choice. I will occasionally indulge in a medium sized glass of sweet iced tea when I have a chance to eat dinner at home.

I do eat lots more fruits. I usually down an apple a day & will bring fresh fruit nibbles to work. I also like some trail mix if I really get hungry during the day. That's the stuff mixed with nuts, raisins & a few scattered M & M's. That will assuage my sweet tooth.

Since my job entails walking & pushing a cart from classroom to classroom, I do get my fair share of walking during the day. Is it gym style walking, no. Am I walking & pushing a cart which weighs 10-15 pounds every hour, yes.

So far, I'm down 30 pounds and am looking to drop another 10-15 by New Year's Day. Wish me luck!

I dropped 80 lbs about a year ago but now I'm struggling with willpower ( Lexington has too many dang good restaurants) , I'm down to 200 lbs now but I want to get down to the 185 mark. (200 may seem like a lot but I'm 6'4)

It's hard to work out with the college and work schedule that I have, but now that I'm laid off I can work out again. Not that being laid off is a good thing.

How I lost my weight was eating plenty of veggies, lean meat, and a ton of water.

But recently I've been eating the crap the college is feedin me.

( which in turn leaves you feeling like crap)

Sorry if the post was scattered, I'm outta practice :(

I just started a training program at the beginning of November. I want to slim up, gain muscle, and get six-pack abs. So far, so good. I'll be on this routine until the end of March (5 months). I'll post pics when I'm done.

Anyway, my diet and workout plan looks like this:

Diet

Breakfast: Oatmeal, banana, one-a-day mens health vitamin

Lunch: 6" Sub from Subway (Wheat bread, turkey/chicken). pretzels, strawberries, fat free yogurt

Dinner:

-Progresso soup (they have a large variety, and mostly all of them are very low calorie and low fat)

-Grilled chicken

Drinks: water, cranberry juice, orange juice, V8 V Fusion (contains both fruit and vegetable)

I must also note* If I am eating out, I try to look for something light, and low fat.

Workout

Perfect Pushup--30 reps in the morning, 30 in the afternoon, 30 at before I go to bed. every day of the week.

Gym (Mon-Thu)--2 miles on tread, 6 different ab machine exercises (30 reps each), so 180 ab reps, 30 reps on the bicep machine, 30 reps on the tricep machine

Friday 2 mile run at my local park

10 miles of total running per week

I bike uphill to school everyday, 45 minutes, about 30 minutes on the way back, and bike essentially everywhere else. My legs are like rocks, and it's actually a nice cardio workout. My stamina has increased, and for the first time in a long while, I'm somewhat in shape. I'm still super skinny though and have absolutely no muscular definition. I very rarely will do push-ups at night or use dumbbells. Still, I'm in better shape than I was 3 months ago, so no complaints. I like my body the way it is.

• 2 weeks later...

I love to work out. I go to the gym probably like 4-5 times a week doing arms,chest,legs,back. I do ab's every other day and cardio about 4 times a week i hate it. I ride a bike for like 6 miles, jog for 3 miles or i do this interval thing were you run for 30 min but you sprint for a min thne jog for 2min over 30 min its great. And if theres any thing ive learned to get Ab's cardio is a huge part of it. AS for eating Iam only 20 so my metabolism is fast and i dont watch what i eat as much as i should but i stay away from fried food and drink abot a gallon and a half of water a day. I love whey protein great stuff.

I'm going to attempt to start my own diet/exercise routine. I've tried following different plans, I've tried the weight watchers and etc but nothing really works for me. I figure the best course of action is to just do it on my own and figure out what works and what doesnt work. I'm 6'1 and currently at around 285-290. I dont want to be a weight lifter or anything, I just want to slim down. I figure 200 is a good starting point for me to get to and then figure out from there if I want to go lower. my main problem is my stomach. it's just way big. I have button down shirts that fit perfect along the chest area but can barely close around the stomach. My main issues to work on is to cut the fast food and cut eating at night. those two things kill me. at home I'm not really going to drastically change anything other than my portion sizes. theres 5 other people in this house so it will be hard to change the meals that are cooked. I'm going to stock up on tuna cans. luckily I like tuna without any mayo. I already drink about 4 bottles of water a day, but also include a good amount of soda in there too, so I'm planning on cutting out completely the soda and having water be my drink of choice. with the exercise we have a treadmill here at my house which I will be using. I'll figure out what other things to do. I will also probably take walks outside and stuff as well. maybe do some other things. but yeah, if any progress is made I'll be sure to post it here.

• 2 weeks later...