Everything posted by fluxuation
-
Tours coming down south
Turns out the announcement was that Metallica will be hosting their OWN Festival. The Orion Music + More Festival - June 23-24, 2012 - Bader Field, Atlantic City, NJ http://www.orionmusicandmore.com/ Metallica Headlining both nights, Metallica will celebrate the 20th anniversary of the 'Black Album' by playing it in its entirety on one night AND all of 'Ride the Lightning' for the first time ever on the other night! This will be the only North American performances of these albums in 2012. Arctic Monkeys • Avenged Sevenfold Modest Mouse • The Gaslight Anthem Cage The Elephant • f***ed Up • Best Coast Hot Snakes • Titus Andronicus Gary Clark Jr. • Lucero • Roky Erickson The Black Angels • The Sword A Place to Bury Strangers • Liturgy Stay tuned for the full lineup! Wow. Best Coast is really out of place there. Also, Liturgy is pretty damn good.
-
Tours coming down south
I'd say yes, Black Keys, Arctic Monkeys, Swedish House Mafia, and M83 will indeed sell that show out. That being said, in my opinion it's underwhelming. But that's just an opinion. what sold that show out was the reunion of At The Drive In and Refused. There's definitely over a dozen bands I really want to see and half a dozen i'm interested in seeing. I waited in line for about an hour and a half on my computer and got tickets for the first weekend. Now I just need to get the money for plane/hotel.
-
Tours coming down south
ALICE IN CHAINS, DEFTONES and MASTODON are rumored to be teaming up for a U.S. tour in the fall. The tour's official lineup and dates are expected to be announced on Monday, May 3. Going to see alice in chains for the 1st time on Friday... Super stoked! Deftones + Mastodon = Awesomeness
-
Veras DFA'D, Bonifacio to AAA; Carroll, LeRoux up
First Marshall now this. I love this day. This actually made me happier than the Marshall news. This is awesome!
-
Early season clutch players
cantu has been clutch for this team every since he signed 3 years ago. I've been saying this for a while.
-
BEAT THE STREAK
I just started playing this year. I'm currently at 3 lol
-
Beer is my friend.
So I went to this bar/brewery place in Coral Gables called "Titanic Brewery". It's right next to UM, on Ponce De Leon and 58th. Anyway, they brew their own beers. I only tried two of them, an oatmeal stout and a nut brown ale. The brown ale was my favorite. I ended up getting a few of those. http://www.titanicbrewery.com/ontap.html
-
No Season Prediction thread ?
90-72
-
Is Hanley's contract the most valuable asset in baseball (history)
Hanley was pretty well off in the DR, from what I understand. Yeah I remember reading somewhere that he actually grew up in a pretty good neighborhood and wasn't as poor as some of the other dominican players that are in the bigs.
-
4/5 Marlins vs Mets
It's only the 3rd inning, we still have a huuuuuge shot at winning this. We've handled Johan before.
-
2010 MLB Predictions
American League East - Boston Red Sox Central - Chicago White Sox West - Seattle Mariners Wildcard - New York Yankees MVP - Evan Longoria Cy Young - Felix Hernandez Manager - Don Wakamatsu Rookie - Neftali Feliz Comeback - Grady Sizemore National League East - Philadelphia Phillies Central - St Louis Cardinals West - Colorado Rockies Wildcard - Florida Marlins MVP - Albert Pujols Cy Young - Chris Carpenter Manager - Fredi Gonzalez Rookie - Jason Heyward Comeback - Brandon Webb
-
NCAA BRACKET CHALLENGE
I can't believe I'm leading. I seriously know absolutely nothing about college basketball.
-
Versus is back on DirecTV
Also in time for UFC Live: Vera vs Jones this sunday. gonna be a sick card.
-
NCAA BRACKET CHALLENGE
I will do it even tho I know absolutely nothing about college hoops. I did it last year on the MB.com one. I know absolutely nothing either and I won the entire thing last year on here. I just pretty much go by the rankings in picking winners or pick an underdog based on how cool their school name sounds. greatest system ever.
-
MLB 2K10
anyone get a marlins jersey/hat for their avatar? I did. just look at my sig. :x
- NCAA BRACKET CHALLENGE
-
Epic Beard Man
The supposed story is that epic beard man was talking to his friend about wanting to get his shoes shined to go to a funeral, the black guy said something about it and EBM thought he was saying he would shine his shoes and then everything broke out.
-
Epic Beard Man
The supposed story is that epic beard man was talking to his friend about wanting to get his shoes shined to go to a funeral, the black guy said something about it and EBM thought he was saying he would shine his shoes and then everything broke out.
-
Marlins Future in Floating Re-Alignment
Well I dont think there would be one "weak" division. Imagine if the NL Central becomes: Pirates, Royals, Reds, and Nationals. You know a team like Tampa is going to do everything possible to get into that division so that they can make it to the playoffs. I personally think this is a dumb idea though.
-
Site Updated?
new look is great. I prefer it over the old one.
-
Jersey Question
Ummm--that just means they have 1 Billion people in Japan wear Ichiro T-shirts. A billion people living on those mountainous islands? Impossibly crowded. My guess would be under 150 million. And I would even throw in the Ryukyu Islands, which the USA gave back to Japan in the 1970's. (I was actually there the day they switched from driving on the right to driving on the left. That day was fun.) Population of Japan as of 2008 - 127,704,000
-
Epic Beard Man
No one else thinks it's strange that the incredibly cute girl just sits there like nothing is happening? That's the best part! I also love how the girl films herself stealing the guy's bag. According to Mike Ryan from the Dan Lebatard show, Epic Beard Man has been calling him crying a lot. He's apparently in jail. idk how true it is.
-
How did I do in this draft?
Just did my first live draft of the year. It's a standard Yahoo H2H 5x5 12 man league. here's how I drafted: 1. (12) Evan Longoria 2. (13) Miguel Cabrera 3. (36) Robinson Canó 4. (37) Chris Carpenter 5. (60) Jason Bartlett 6. (61) Matt Wieters 7. (84) Ricky Nolasco 8. (85) Torii Hunter 9. (108) Matt Cain 10. (109) Hunter Pence 11. (132) Brian Wilson 12. (133) Ryan Ludwick 13. (156) Jorge Cantú 14. (157) Brandon Webb 15. (180) Carlos Beltrán 16. (181) Leo Núñez 17. (204) Mark Buehrle 18. (205) Yadier Molina 19. (228) Madison Bumgarner 20. (229) Brad Lidge 21. (252) Cody Ross 22. (253) Jhonny Peralta 23. (276) Elijah Dukes when broken down into position it looks like this: C Matt Weiters 1B Miguel Cabrera 2B Robinson Cano 3B Evan Longoria SS Jason Bartlett OF Torii Hunter OF Hunter Pence OF Ryan Ludwick UTIL Jorge Cantu UTIL Carlos Beltran BN Yadier Molina BN Cody Ross BN Jhonny Peralta BN Elijah Dukes SP Chris Carpenter SP Ricky Nolasco RP Brian Wilson RP Leo Nunez P Matt Cain P Brandon Webb P Mark Buerhle P Madison Bumgarner BN Brad Lidge Thoughts?
-
Marlins Gear In a Rock Video?
They've had that shirt out for a long time. I even went to a game this past season where the drummer and I believe the bassist threw out the first pitch (I could be wrong but I think it was the game that Ricky gave up like 10 runs against the Astros)
-
All 150 FSFlorida/Sun Games in HD
With Comcast Cable, where could I view the HD games? For me on Comcast, the HD channel is a combined Sun Sports and FSFlorida in one. It's channel 402 for me if I remember correctly. It's damn annoying because even when Marlins games were in HD last year, Tampa games would show on that one channel instead. I don't know whether Satellite have individual Sun/FSFlorida HD channels. I think 402 is espn hd and 401 is fsn hd. could be wrong though.