Could Mark Prior help our bullpen?

dim

Obviously he would not be in the rotation, god no. And I understand the injury risk that comes along with him, but he is going to file for free agency, and will be ready for opening day. When healthy, he could become a dominent setup man on this team, such a turnaround as Kerry Wood had as a closer for the Cubs. He would most likely sign cheap, so that would make the marlins that much more interested. I understand this would most likely not happen, but I think that the possibility of Prior helping our bullpen is tremendous. If he gets injured or doesn't pan out, we have more than enough relief arms in the minors we can call up, promote Tucker to the setup role, preparing him for the closer role, and everything would still be fine.

If the financial risk is low, I'd be all for it. He's one of the most talented pitchers in baseball.

His mechanics* + Dusty Baker = killed career...

*I forgot the name of the organization, but former Mets/As pitching coach Rick Peterson was a member, study pitcher's mechanics to see if they're "high-risk", Prior was deemed "risky" by this group

He's not done but in total but his prime is Long Gone. He had the makings of a 15-20 Win guy for years to come for that cubs team, too bad him and Wood both had multiple injury's.

Prior however still has a sharp breaking ball so he should be able to hang and for the right price (1.5 Mil or less is what i imagine) he could be a valuable Long relief in the Bullpen but again its a Big Risk

Side note- He is only 28 so he still has some value and should pitch many more years if he avoids injury

If the financial risk is low, I'd be all for it. He's one of the most talented pitchers in baseball.

His mechanics* + Dusty Baker = killed career...

*I forgot the name of the organization, but former Mets/As pitching coach Rick Peterson was a member, study pitcher's mechanics to see if they're "high-risk", Prior was deemed "risky" by this group

It's been a long time since I've read about the study but I believe it's by making a W (or maybe it was a M) with his arms when he pitches

People are mentioning that he is done. Well I am not asking for a 7-9 inning guy, I am asking if he can be a good SETUP man. Doesn't take a great pitcher to be a setup man, 1 inning guy. He still has enough in him to be a good 8th inning guy, and I believe we still don't have that guy that can handle the 8th. Prior would not command a lot of money, and could be a difference next year in deciding if we win the division next season

Why the hell would he come to Florida?

why wouldn't you come to Florida? Great place to live.

He's a California guy, he could get just as much money with teams out there.

He may want to get that one chance at the playoffs, and you know he won't get that from the Padres, the Angels don't need him, and the Dodgers are spending a lot of their money resigning Manny. We may be his only chance

He may want to get that one chance at the playoffs, and you know he won't get that from the Padres, the Angels don't need him, and the Dodgers are spending a lot of their money resigning Manny. We may be his only chance

He's more worried about pitching again, not about the playoffs.

He's more worried about pitching again, not about the playoffs.

Again, you mentioned California is where he wants to stay, but the Padres have said they have no interest in signing him, the Angels have no need for him, the Dodgers are spending all their money and time on Manny this offseason, and that leaves the Giants. That may in fact be where he lands, but we do not know