Transparency and Participation in Obama Administration

prinmemito

While it certainly seems like a nice idea, you'll forgive some of us who might think this is more PR than policy planning. But I'll give it a shot to see if anything is actually made of it.

Agreed. Sounds too much like kittens and rainbows rather than realism.

Yeah, but here's hoping that if he does take it seriously, that the rest of the Ron Paul/Campaign for Liberty crew does flood that site with some good ideas. After all, if there's one thing we should be excellent at, it's mobilizing an online presence.

My submission:

Please follow the words of President Eisenhower when he was approached about more welfare benefits for the needy -

?If all that Americans want is security, they can go to prison. They?ll have enough to eat, a bed and a roof over their heads. But if an American wants to preserve his dignity and his equality as a human being, he must not bow his neck to any dictatorial government.?

My submission:

Please follow the words of President Eisenhower when he was approached about more welfare benefits for the needy -

?If all that Americans want is security, they can go to prison. They?ll have enough to eat, a bed and a roof over their heads. But if an American wants to preserve his dignity and his equality as a human being, he must not bow his neck to any dictatorial government.?

Are you planning on moving to Cuba? :shifty

I wasn't aware that I was criticizing the man in this thread not this overzealous PR move.

Happy to inform.

And by "cause" I was referring to just that.

I'm sure.

Provide a quote in this thread to indicate this. Otherwise you are slandering me.

If that's how you feel, then fine. You are overcomplicating my point. I realize you are Ron Paul Jr, but I am asking you to consider giving Mr. Obama at least a portion of his first term before declaring that the sky is falling.

I wasn't aware that I was criticizing the man in this thread not this overzealous PR move.

Happy to inform.

And by "cause" I was referring to just that.

I'm sure.

Provide a quote in this thread to indicate this. Otherwise you are slandering me.

If that's how you feel, then fine. You are overcomplicating my point. I realize you are Ron Paul Jr, but I am asking you to consider giving Mr. Obama at least a portion of his first term before declaring that the sky is falling.

I dont know how much research youve done on Obama, but "the sky is falling" really isnt that unrealistic.

I dont know how much research youve done on Obama, but "the sky is falling" really isnt that unrealistic.

On a scale of 1-10, how surprised were you when the sun came up this morning?

Dangerous and poorly thought out financial policy, all signs point to him being a hardliner on foreign policy, from all rumors is going to surround himself with other disciples of Chicago politics and other hardcore democrats in his cabinet, supports the Patriot Act, supports deepening relations with Israel, supports escalating operations in middle east. Not to mention he will have a same-party majority in congress during at least the first part of his term...a very unpopular congress. Almost a mirror image of W. Thats what I call change!

Please be reasonable. Wait for the man to appoint his entire Administration and then give him a few months before you start judging him. If you're already criticizing the man now (after three measily appointments) then you're clearly closed minded about him and its a wasted effort to try to confince you otherwise.

Please be reasonable. Wait for the man to appoint his entire Administration and then give him a few months before you start judging him. If you're already criticizing the man now (after three measily appointments) then you're clearly closed minded about him and its a wasted effort to try to confince you otherwise.

I am not close minded at all. Unlike you, I have seen first hand how dangerous and corrupt ALL Chicago democrats are. Two of Obama's mentors have effectively bankrupted the state and are headed for either A)prison for a very very long time or B)Obama's cabinet. While I could see Rod fed to the wolves Emil Jones is guaranteed a pardon and a cushy spot within Obama's inner circle, and that is not a good thing. I have also seen first hand how bad he was at his job as a state senator. He became a rockstar and pulled in alot of ignorant young voters and happened to be in the right place at the right time, saying he is not President Bush. There is nothing to like about this selection as president. If he couldnt even be competent at his job at the state level, why should I expect him to be a good President? As I have said, you will find out in 4 years(although, probably alot sooner) why you dont want a Chicago democrat in charge of anything.

I am not close minded at all. Unlike you, I have seen first hand how dangerous and corrupt ALL Chicago democrats are. Two of Obama's mentors have effectively bankrupted the state and are headed for either A)prison for a very very long time or B)Obama's cabinet. While I could see Rod fed to the wolves Emil Jones is guaranteed a pardon and a cushy spot within Obama's inner circle, and that is not a good thing. I have also seen first hand how bad he was at his job as a state senator. He became a rockstar and pulled in alot of ignorant young voters and happened to be in the right place at the right time, saying he is not President Bush. There is nothing to like about this selection as president. If he couldnt even be competent at his job at the state level, why should I expect him to be a good President? As I have said, you will find out in 4 years(although, probably alot sooner) why you dont want a Chicago democrat in charge of anything.

For most politicians, you have to play the cards you are given. He was part of the political establishment in Chicago, and I find it amazing that he was able to navigate through that and keep his image pretty much intact.

Now he doesn't have to cater to the Chicago politicians, let's give him a break and the benefit of the doubt.

I swear, some of you guys are unbelievably pessimistic. I thought I was bad, but clearly I can't hold a candle to several of you.

Obama is in a position that no president has been in for some time: that being, he does not have a particular support group (big business, religious segments, unions) that he relied on in order to win the White House. Therefore, he will have a lot more freedom than others in the past to go about his stated policy goals.

There is a bit of controversy on this change.gov site.

It appears that the first segment on "America Serves" issued a statement "requiring" community service, which could be considered a violation of the 13th amendment. He must have received some criticism about this because they've lightened the rhetoric to now include tax credits for compensation.

this is the old text

The Obama Administration will call on Americans to serve in order to meet the nation?s challenges. President-Elect Obama will expand national service programs like AmeriCorps and Peace Corps and will create a new Classroom Corps to help teachers in underserved schools, as well as a new Health Corps, Clean Energy Corps, and Veterans Corps. Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by developing a plan to require 50 hours of community service in middle school and high school and 100 hours of community service in college every year. Obama will encourage retiring Americans to serve by improving programs available for individuals over age 55, while at the same time promoting youth programs such as Youth Build and Head Start.

not a big deal

There is a bit of controversy on this change.gov site.

It appears that the first segment on "America Serves" issued a statement "requiring" community service, which could be considered a violation of the 13th amendment. He must have received some criticism about this because they've lightened the rhetoric to now include tax credits for compensation.

this is the old text

The Obama Administration will call on Americans to serve in order to meet the nation's challenges. President-Elect Obama will expand national service programs like AmeriCorps and Peace Corps and will create a new Classroom Corps to help teachers in underserved schools, as well as a new Health Corps, Clean Energy Corps, and Veterans Corps. Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by developing a plan to require 50 hours of community service in middle school and high school and 100 hours of community service in college every year. Obama will encourage retiring Americans to serve by improving programs available for individuals over age 55, while at the same time promoting youth programs such as Youth Build and Head Start.

not a big deal

The original text equates to mandatory servitude. How is it not a big deal?

probably an honest mistake.

I swear, some of you guys are unbelievably pessimistic. I thought I was bad, but clearly I can't hold a candle to several of you.

Obama is in a position that no president has been in for some time: that being, he does not have a particular support group (big business, religious segments, unions) that he relied on in order to win the White House. Therefore, he will have a lot more freedom than others in the past to go about his stated policy goals.

You're being extremely naive. Even if we all believe what you're saying and that Obama can do exactly as he pleases to try to fix all the problems in America, we are still stuck with the problem that all his solutions are (generally speaking) exactly the same as Bush's solutions (throw more money at problems and create "programs" to solve them, get "involved" in the Middle East "promoting democracy", etc). What few differences there are, like the previously mentioned involuntary servitude, aren't exactly comforting either.

So if I've been unclear, let me be clear then: Even if he can do anything he wants to do, the stuff he has said he wants to do is basically all bad (excepted for pretending to want to leave Iraq).