Manny to the Marlins?

305LaTiNo

I'm respectably sitting in the boat of "agree to disagree" so that this argument doesn't go on forever, seeing as it has already gone on for months. The thing is that Delgado is the biggest free agent we've signed in recent years and is the only comparable. Being a stat-guy, I go with what I am given to make decisions, and I have been given absolutely nothing that would make me believe that Manny would bring in more fans.

But you don't have the numbers to say otherwise either. You'd have to compare our Delgado jump with the jump in attendance when the Dodgers acquired him, and then compare the two markets. In fact, you may even want to compare the attendance figures for a jump when the dodgers acquiring Manny with the figures for the acquisition of Delgado by the Mets. By just saying this hapepned with Delgado so itll happen again with Manny you're ignoring numbers and your equation is incomplete.

You don't have numbers at all.

I'm respectably sitting in the boat of "agree to disagree" so that this argument doesn't go on forever, seeing as it has already gone on for months. The thing is that Delgado is the biggest free agent we've signed in recent years and is the only comparable. Being a stat-guy, I go with what I am given to make decisions, and I have been given absolutely nothing that would make me believe that Manny would bring in more fans.

But you don't have the numbers to say otherwise either. You'd have to compare our Delgado jump with the jump in attendance when the Dodgers acquired him, and then compare the two markets. In fact, you may even want to compare the attendance figures for a jump when the dodgers acquiring Manny with the figures for the acquisition of Delgado by the Mets. By just saying this hapepned with Delgado so itll happen again with Manny you're ignoring numbers and your equation is incomplete.

You don't have numbers at all.

The numbers are publicly available as to past events. If you can provide me numbers as to what would happen if we did sign Manny, you'd be elevated to Godlike status. I stated the numbers for the marlins attendance, I don't need to cite to them, this isn't a legal brief, if you dont believe me go look for them yourself. Same as attendance numbers for the mets or dodgders.

Prove to me that Manny and Delgado cause similar changes in attendance to their prospective teams and Ill jump on your side.