Hanley's new crib

yandro

Just as I should expect a classless select few to twist anything they can into an unwarranted bashing.

See what I mean :rolleyes: (whispered) "Right over his head" :rolleyes:

Should be a rule around here about flamers.

The housing market has depreciated more than the little percentage points the previous owners lost on that deal. Yes, Hanley still bought low. But knowing you are such a fine young man and not a hypocrit, I suppose you don't wait for things to go on sale before you buy them. Anything. That would make you as cheap as you are saying Hanley has become. And for the exact same reasons.

Just as I should expect a classless select few to twist anything they can into an unwarranted bashing.

The housing market has depreciated more than the little percentage points the previous owners lost on that deal. Yes, Hanley still bought low. But knowing you are such a fine young man and not a hypocrit, I suppose you don't wait for things to go on sale before you buy them. Anything. That would make you as cheap as you are saying Hanley has become. And for the exact same reasons.

You should be banned for using a discriminative homosexual slur.

:mischief

Nice! That's a beautiful house but I've always thought it was strange how so many athletes buy million dollar houses in Weston of all places. Seems so out of the way from everything, to far from the beach and the action, but maybe the semi seclusion is why they like it? I'd just much prefer a house on Star Island, Sunny Isles or Harbor Beach...somewhere like that.

He's got a family. I think it makes sense.

Nice! That's a beautiful house but I've always thought it was strange how so many athletes buy million dollar houses in Weston of all places. Seems so out of the way from everything, to far from the beach and the action, but maybe the semi seclusion is why they like it? I'd just much prefer a house on Star Island, Sunny Isles or Harbor Beach...somewhere like that.

My friend lives in Weston and everything I have heard about the area is that it is the perfect place for anyone with money. It now has the "clout" of a great area and in the many different gated communities you have all professional athletes. I have only seen a few houses in one of the communities but why wouldn't a person with the money want to live there. They are around other 10,000sq ft homes and around other important people. I do wonder why more don't actually live in Davie. The nicer areas are cheaper and you get more land. Most houses in Weston hardly have a yard, but in Davie you can get a 6,000-7,000sq ft house with over an acre of land for about 1.5-2million instead of 6-8million in Weston.

You should be banned for using a discriminative homosexual slur.

:mischief

LOL Okay, chalk one up for Puma.

My friend lives in Weston and everything I have heard about the area is that it is the perfect place for anyone with money. It now has the "clout" of a great area and in the many different gated communities you have all professional athletes. I have only seen a few houses in one of the communities but why wouldn't a person with the money want to live there. They are around other 10,000sq ft homes and around other important people. I do wonder why more don't actually live in Davie. The nicer areas are cheaper and you get more land. Most houses in Weston hardly have a yard, but in Davie you can get a 6,000-7,000sq ft house with over an acre of land for about 1.5-2million instead of 6-8million in Weston.

Couldn't agree more. Land was one thing I looked for when I was house shopping. I don't like those developments that have no yards, houses right on top of each other and pretty much looking alike. I guess it's just what each individual family is looking for. Some of those developements have some very appealing amnenities. I'm not knocking them, it's just not what I look for in a home.

Florida Marlins shortstop Hanley Ramirez bought a seven-bedroom, 8.5-bath home at 2903 Lake Ridge Lane in Weston from Eric Friedman and Susan Friedman for $3.95 million on Nov. 12.

Eric Friedman paid $4,290,368 for the property on Jan. 8. The 9,300-square-foot house was built in 2000.

Ramirez, 24, has started at shortstop for the Marlins for the past three seasons, establishing himself as one of the best young players in baseball. Named the National League Rookie of the Year in 2006 and an N.L. All-Star in 2008, he's a career .308 hitter in his time with the Marlins and two games with the Boston Red Sox in 2005. He led all rookies in baseball with 185 hits, 119 runs, 11 triples and 51 stolen bases in 2006.

Following the 2007 season, Ramirez signed a six-year, $70 million contract extension, the richest contract in Marlins history. He is originally from the Dominican Republic.

There have been 895 sales in Weston in 2008, with a median price of $351,000.

http://southflorida.blockshopper.com/news/story/205471

Listing: http://www.realestate.com/Property/1128461...2-M1204885.aspx

Must be nice to have money to burn!!! I wonder why he needs 7 bedrooms, lol!

Hanley is an idiot. I live less than a mile away from where he lives, pass inside the neighborhood every day, and there is NO house in that neighborhood that is worth more than 1 million. I mean, I almost rented a house in the neighborhodd for $250,000, so you can get the point. So why did he pay that much? I dont know

EDIT: Never mind. Its not in The Ridges, even though there's a place in there called Lake Ridge, but that house is way too nice to be in The Ridges

And now that I looked at it again, I know which one it is. Its one of the nicest houses. Lake view and everything. My friend lives there

Im in Weston and Im not rich. Its a nice area though

Florida Marlins shortstop Hanley Ramirez bought a seven-bedroom, 8.5-bath home at 2903 Lake Ridge Lane in Weston from Eric Friedman and Susan Friedman for $3.95 million on Nov. 12.

Eric Friedman paid $4,290,368 for the property on Jan. 8. The 9,300-square-foot house was built in 2000.

Ramirez, 24, has started at shortstop for the Marlins for the past three seasons, establishing himself as one of the best young players in baseball. Named the National League Rookie of the Year in 2006 and an N.L. All-Star in 2008, he's a career .308 hitter in his time with the Marlins and two games with the Boston Red Sox in 2005. He led all rookies in baseball with 185 hits, 119 runs, 11 triples and 51 stolen bases in 2006.

Following the 2007 season, Ramirez signed a six-year, $70 million contract extension, the richest contract in Marlins history. He is originally from the Dominican Republic.

There have been 895 sales in Weston in 2008, with a median price of $351,000.

http://southflorida.blockshopper.com/news/story/205471

Listing: http://www.realestate.com/Property/1128461...2-M1204885.aspx

Must be nice to have money to burn!!! I wonder why he needs 7 bedrooms, lol!

Hanley is an idiot. I live less than a mile away from where he lives, pass inside the neighborhood every day, and there is NO house in that neighborhood that is worth more than 1 million. I mean, I almost rented a house in the neighborhodd for $250,000, so you can get the point. So why did he pay that much? I dont know

EDIT: Never mind. Its not in The Ridges, even though there's a place in there called Lake Ridge, but that house is way too nice to be in The Ridges

And now that I looked at it again, I know which one it is. Its one of the nicest houses. Lake view and everything. My friend lives there

lol

Yea I do not think the whole area is completely unreasonable, but my friend lives near Weston Hills Country Club and the street over from Hanley's new home and those area's are really amazingly nice. I got to attend WHCC tonight for thanksgiving and it was really nice, but maybe because I am from up north you can see how overpriced things are down here.

Either way Hanley's area and Weston in general is a really nice area. Weston unlike Plantation, Davie, or other areas is all really nice. It is a well regarded area in South Florida -- -especially if you prefer suburbia.

Yea I do not think the whole area is completely unreasonable, but my friend lives near Weston Hills Country Club and the street over from Hanley's new home and those area's are really amazingly nice. I got to attend WHCC tonight for thanksgiving and it was really nice, but maybe because I am from up north you can see how overpriced things are down here.

Either way Hanley's area and Weston in general is a really nice area. Weston unlike Plantation, Davie, or other areas is all really nice. It is a well regarded area in South Florida -- -especially if you prefer suburbia.

Yeah, its a really nice area, but you dont have to be rich to live here. Weston Hills is really a DREAM place to live. Houses are not mansions, but are still pretty big, but its absolutely beautiful. The landscape in there is amazing. I live near Hanley's new house also, like 1.5 miles away. Im just outside the ridges in a town house place. Its still pretty nice. Not as nice as WH of course, but still.

Its a pleasure to live here

Mannnn....sounds nice. Hope he's not spending too much of his money, at this young of an age. If he just bought a 7-bedroom'er, he's going to have a lot of college tuition to be paid someday.

This guy's livin' the life. Superstar baseball player. Fame. Multi-Million dollar house. Land Rover Sport, Escalade, Mercedes...and I imagine a few other cars that I'm forgetting.

I don't get it either. It is possible to have privacy, security, etc. and still be really close to everything. Just ask Pat Riley, Alonso Mourning, ARod and many others. There are very private communities in Coral Gables/Coconut Grove without public access and the houses are not cookie cutter nor are the celebrities hounded. As you mentioned, also on the beach (for example, Mike Piazza - Sunset Island). To each his own, I guess.

I don't get it either. It is possible to have privacy, security, etc. and still be really close to everything. Just ask Pat Riley, Alonso Mourning, ARod and many others. There are very private communities in Coral Gables/Coconut Grove without public access and the houses are not cookie cutter nor are the celebrities hounded. As you mentioned, also on the beach (for example, Mike Piazza - Sunset Island). To each his own, I guess.

Get married, have some kids, and the definition of "close to everything" does a drastic change. Not everyone has a life that revolves around the beach or the hottest night spots. But like you said, to each his own.

Get married, have some kids, and the definition of "close to everything" does a drastic change. Not everyone has a life that revolves around the beach or the hottest night spots. But like you said, to each his own.

Exactly. I passed by the neighborhood he lives in on my $25,000 race bike and I think it was his house. It was the only one of that color, and one of the 3 houses in the neighborhood. It's the smallest one there, but its still a huge house, with a lot of land as of now, and its awesome. They give you a free Mercedes Sedan if you buy a house there, so thats at least 1 expensive car. There are a lot nicer houses in Weston though, like Eddie Jones' house, its one of the nicest ones.