Hanley's new crib

yandro

Florida Marlins shortstop Hanley Ramirez bought a seven-bedroom, 8.5-bath home at 2903 Lake Ridge Lane in Weston from Eric Friedman and Susan Friedman for $3.95 million on Nov. 12.

Eric Friedman paid $4,290,368 for the property on Jan. 8. The 9,300-square-foot house was built in 2000.

Ramirez, 24, has started at shortstop for the Marlins for the past three seasons, establishing himself as one of the best young players in baseball. Named the National League Rookie of the Year in 2006 and an N.L. All-Star in 2008, he's a career .308 hitter in his time with the Marlins and two games with the Boston Red Sox in 2005. He led all rookies in baseball with 185 hits, 119 runs, 11 triples and 51 stolen bases in 2006.

Following the 2007 season, Ramirez signed a six-year, $70 million contract extension, the richest contract in Marlins history. He is originally from the Dominican Republic.

There have been 895 sales in Weston in 2008, with a median price of $351,000.

http://southflorida.blockshopper.com/news/story/205471

Listing: http://www.realestate.com/Property/1128461...2-M1204885.aspx

Must be nice to have money to burn!!! I wonder why he needs 7 bedrooms, lol!

Florida Marlins shortstop Hanley Ramirez bought a seven-bedroom, 8.5-bath home at 2903 Lake Ridge Lane in Weston from Eric Friedman and Susan Friedman for $3.95 million on Nov. 12.

Eric Friedman paid $4,290,368 for the property on Jan. 8. The 9,300-square-foot house was built in 2000.

Ramirez, 24, has started at shortstop for the Marlins for the past three seasons, establishing himself as one of the best young players in baseball. Named the National League Rookie of the Year in 2006 and an N.L. All-Star in 2008, he's a career .308 hitter in his time with the Marlins and two games with the Boston Red Sox in 2005. He led all rookies in baseball with 185 hits, 119 runs, 11 triples and 51 stolen bases in 2006.

Following the 2007 season, Ramirez signed a six-year, $70 million contract extension, the richest contract in Marlins history. He is originally from the Dominican Republic.

penny pincher, learned from his boy Loria! That was a great investment!!!

Nice! That's a beautiful house but I've always thought it was strange how so many athletes buy million dollar houses in Weston of all places. Seems so out of the way from everything, to far from the beach and the action, but maybe the semi seclusion is why they like it? I'd just much prefer a house on Star Island, Sunny Isles or Harbor Beach...somewhere like that.

For all the mini-Hanleys!!!

Which will be the future Marlins team when daddy is the manager

For all the mini-Hanleys!!!

Which will be the future Marlins team when daddy is the manager

How cute!!! As long as they're as good as Hanley, I'm good. Daughters can be mermaids??? LOL!!! :thumbup

Nice! That's a beautiful house but I've always thought it was strange how so many athletes buy million dollar houses in Weston of all places. Seems so out of the way from everything, to far from the beach and the action, but maybe the semi seclusion is why they like it? I'd just much prefer a house on Star Island, Sunny Isles or Harbor Beach...somewhere like that.

i agree....i cant stand being out west....miami and on the coast is where i wanna be

I may be wrong, but I thought I remember hearing on his Inside the Marlins episode that he moved his parents here from the DR, so maybe for them?

The Friedman's are the ones that messed up. But I can't believe anyone found a way to turn this into a bashing of our owner. Or even why they would want to.

I wonder why he needs 7 bedrooms, lol!

More importantly, why does he need 8.5 bathrooms!?

:blink:

Thats 1 bathroom per room and 2 random ones, one of which does not have a shower in it. God only knows.

Well I'm pretty sure there are very few 3 bedroom mansions if there are any, so it's not like he has a choice....

Anyways nice house.

I think hanley made a good choice being down in miami near the beach and the night life is trouble for a pro athlete. Id also imagine that cause during the year they dont get much privacy they like it during the off season to be secluded. Hey I know lots of the guys have big ranches in the middle of no where, where they like to hunt and crap like Peavy.

The Friedman's are the ones that messed up. But I can't believe anyone found a way to turn this into a bashing of our owner. Or even why they would want to.

Because if he would've spent just $ 10 million more, and made a couple of deals before the deadline, they would have probably made the playoffs. But I should expect that kind of logic to not be appreciated.

Thats 1 bathroom per room and 2 random ones, one of which does not have a shower in it. God only knows.

Well I'm pretty sure there are very few 3 bedroom mansions if there are any, so it's not like he has a choice....

Anyways nice house.

No no... there is a more logical explanation to this... more like.... 1 bathroom for every day of the week, and a backup one just in case. That sounds about right.

Anyways nice house.

No no... there is a more logical explanation to this... more like.... 1 bathroom for every day of the week, and a backup one just in case. That sounds about right.

Ewwww, what does this "just in case" entail? :blink:

I liked it better when we were discussing a little league Hanley team.

Anyways nice house.

When you buy a house you aren't exactly buying it for the current lay-out. Knock a wall out here or there and you have something totally different. Which is irrelevant in this discussion. But it sounds like the 1/2 bath is near the main room, one bath for each bedroom, and maybe a bath near the pool (changing area with facilities).

Because if he would've spent just $ 10 million more, and made a couple of deals before the deadline, they would have probably made the playoffs. But I should expect that kind of logic to not be appreciated.

Just as I should expect a classless select few to twist anything they can into an unwarranted bashing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.