Aaron Thompson = money again

Nny

6 IP, 1 BB, 4 Ks

10/4 GB/FB

Showing control again :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

Getting GBs again :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

Problem last year was mostly all on horrible control (4.4 BB/9), plus a declining GB rate (dropped 5% from '07 to '08. Which of course than meant more FB, which meant more HRs). So this is awesome to see.

I like Thompson, but the bigger question is is West still a likely future bullpen arm?

Haven't seen anything linking West to the Bullpen in a long time.

I remember seeing that 2-3 times this offseasion. But still, he isn't a "sure fire" future reliever like Sinkbiel or Tucker.

And especially because he is rated as MLB stuff right now and just has control issues. The Marlins are absolutely going to rush him in July if they think he can LOOGY people for a pennant race. I'm optimistic he turns into our 5th SP next year, but at the same time I'm not going to be surprised if the longterm pen core is Tucker, Ceda, and West.

I remener reading articles saying scouts believe that west could pitch outta the pen now as he has control of two pitches. I think it was his fastball and slider.

Any way it would be nice if we were in it late and he could help us outta the pen with lefties. Were def gonna need them with all the stud lefties in our div.