Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alejandro De Aza Called Up

Featured Replies

Now we know we aren't going anywhere this season.

 

Yes, I always judge my season by bench players. Brian Banks won us 2003.

 

This team is terrible. I know you are a die hard but there is no way we do anything this year.

 

I'm looking forward to 2010.

I know that you didn't watch in 2006 and 2007 for 3 reasons.

 

You think we are done in May, you don't know how terrible it can get (because 2007, THAT was terrible), and you've said that you've only come back to baseball recently.

 

If you think this is bad, you should have seen 2007. And if you think this is the end, you should have seen 2006. At least we have a better record than them at this point.

 

And if you think those years were bad you should have stuck around for the post 1997 era.

Now we know we aren't going anywhere this season.

 

Yes, I always judge my season by bench players. Brian Banks won us 2003.

 

No. But Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis did. Players go down and you have to have reinforcement from somewhere. We got the reinforcement from the minors that year until we went out and got some big help through trades (Conine, Urbina).

 

Not only to we not have that kind of talent waiting in the minors to help out, but with moving Cantu to first and starting Bonifacio at third ( :mad ), we've effectively blocked Gaby and Morrison, the only guys who could really have somehow made a big impact this year. I do think Coghlan can be a good infield bat, but he is sorely miscast in Lf because he doesn't provide the kind of offense that is easily attainable from there. I think he could help at third, but we all know how much the team loves Bonifacio there so it's useless.

 

Okay. I gotta ask. What makes you think Chris's bat is going to be better if he switches to 3B? Right now he has 4 hits in 24 ABs with 6 Ks and 4 BBs. Not exactly what the team was hoping for. And probably why they called up ADA.

 

Here. Let me help you..."Small sample size. In the minors he...."

 

Nothing against Chris. I hope he straightens out. But he was brought up strictly for that offensive spark, and so far really hasn't produced it. I don't think he is going to get the learning curve other players get, simply because that wasn't the plan to begin with. People have to stop thinking about what they want/hope to happen and focus on what the team plan is.

Now we know we aren't going anywhere this season.

 

Yes, I always judge my season by bench players. Brian Banks won us 2003.

 

No. But Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis did. Players go down and you have to have reinforcement from somewhere. We got the reinforcement from the minors that year until we went out and got some big help through trades (Conine, Urbina).

 

Not only to we not have that kind of talent waiting in the minors to help out, but with moving Cantu to first and starting Bonifacio at third ( :mad ), we've effectively blocked Gaby and Morrison, the only guys who could really have somehow made a big impact this year. I do think Coghlan can be a good infield bat, but he is sorely miscast in Lf because he doesn't provide the kind of offense that is easily attainable from there. I think he could help at third, but we all know how much the team loves Bonifacio there so it's useless.

 

Well considering Gaby Sanchez and Logan Morrison are both currently injured, I don't think it ruined anything. I mean I really wasn't expecting Morrison this year and I wasn't expecting Sanchez until later in the season. My hope is that Gaby Sanchez will be in the starting lineup in 2010. For the rest of this year, I have no complaints about Cantu and Bonifacio is pretty brutal at the plate, but he's stellar defensively.

 

He's far from stellar. He does have middle infield range, which is a plus and has helped him make a couple nice plays, but he has also struggled making some other plays that third basemen usually make. And in the end, third base is not a position where a great defender makes enough of an impact to sacrifice a good bat. Usually, you want a combination of competent defense with an impact bat.

 

He's made some very good plays at the hot corner and he's got great speed, so he's especially effective on bunts down the third base line. All I'm saying is that our defensive has improved. While we're still sitting 22nd in baseball in fielding percentage and we're 21st in errors, I would still say that our defense has improved and Bonifacio is part of that. He does need to hit better and have a higher OBP, but for the time being I think starting Boni at 3rd is fine.

That would be cool and all if fielding % and errors were relevant defensive statistics.

 

 

Okay, then enlighten me. What are relevant defensive stats?

Now we know we aren't going anywhere this season.

 

Yes, I always judge my season by bench players. Brian Banks won us 2003.

 

No. But Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis did. Players go down and you have to have reinforcement from somewhere. We got the reinforcement from the minors that year until we went out and got some big help through trades (Conine, Urbina).

 

Not only to we not have that kind of talent waiting in the minors to help out, but with moving Cantu to first and starting Bonifacio at third ( :mad ), we've effectively blocked Gaby and Morrison, the only guys who could really have somehow made a big impact this year. I do think Coghlan can be a good infield bat, but he is sorely miscast in Lf because he doesn't provide the kind of offense that is easily attainable from there. I think he could help at third, but we all know how much the team loves Bonifacio there so it's useless.

 

Okay. I gotta ask. What makes you think Chris's bat is going to be better if he switches to 3B? Right now he has 4 hits in 24 ABs with 6 Ks and 4 BBs. Not exactly what the team was hoping for. And probably why they called up ADA.

 

Here. Let me help you..."Small sample size. In the minors he...."

 

Nothing against Chris. I hope he straightens out. But he was brought up strictly for that offensive spark, and so far really hasn't produced it. I don't think he is going to get the learning curve other players get, simply because that wasn't the plan to begin with. People have to stop thinking about what they want/hope to happen and focus on what the team plan is.

 

ADA was called up because we needed depth in CF. The FO wanted to call up Carroll but we couldn't call him up in 10 days unless somebody hit the DL. He's just the 25th man until AA's knee is better.

I am suprised the De Aza made it to the game in one piece last night. I expected him to break his toe walking out the door. He is known to have injuries before ML play.

I am suprised the De Aza made it to the game in one piece last night. I expected him to break his toe walking out the door. He is known to have injuries before ML play.

 

 

 

That poor guy has had an awful time staying healthy for sure! The first thing I thought off when I heard they called him up was that he would hurt himself walking into the club house lol...

I am suprised the De Aza made it to the game in one piece last night. I expected him to break his toe walking out the door. He is known to have injuries before ML play.

 

 

 

That poor guy has had an awful time staying healthy for sure! The first thing I thought off when I heard they called him up was that he would hurt himself walking into the club house lol...

 

So if maybin is nigel Wilson, who is ADA?

I am suprised the De Aza made it to the game in one piece last night. I expected him to break his toe walking out the door. He is known to have injuries before ML play.

 

 

 

That poor guy has had an awful time staying healthy for sure! The first thing I thought off when I heard they called him up was that he would hurt himself walking into the club house lol...

 

So if maybin is nigel Wilson, who is ADA?

Chuck Carr

Now we know we aren't going anywhere this season.

 

Yes, I always judge my season by bench players. Brian Banks won us 2003.

 

No. But Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis did. Players go down and you have to have reinforcement from somewhere. We got the reinforcement from the minors that year until we went out and got some big help through trades (Conine, Urbina).

 

Not only to we not have that kind of talent waiting in the minors to help out, but with moving Cantu to first and starting Bonifacio at third ( :mad ), we've effectively blocked Gaby and Morrison, the only guys who could really have somehow made a big impact this year. I do think Coghlan can be a good infield bat, but he is sorely miscast in Lf because he doesn't provide the kind of offense that is easily attainable from there. I think he could help at third, but we all know how much the team loves Bonifacio there so it's useless.

 

Okay. I gotta ask. What makes you think Chris's bat is going to be better if he switches to 3B? Right now he has 4 hits in 24 ABs with 6 Ks and 4 BBs. Not exactly what the team was hoping for. And probably why they called up ADA.

 

Here. Let me help you..."Small sample size. In the minors he...."

 

Nothing against Chris. I hope he straightens out. But he was brought up strictly for that offensive spark, and so far really hasn't produced it. I don't think he is going to get the learning curve other players get, simply because that wasn't the plan to begin with. People have to stop thinking about what they want/hope to happen and focus on what the team plan is.

 

ADA was called up because we needed depth in CF. The FO wanted to call up Carroll but we couldn't call him up in 10 days unless somebody hit the DL. He's just the 25th man until AA's knee is better.

 

Yep. That's the "company word."

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.