UM @ FSU

poptart

I heard the punks from Thug U decided to celebrate their win last night by robbing some stores and raping some women.

yep and randy shannon then had to vacate 14 victories - making his career total in the negative........ but at least they all got some really cool new shoes

I'm not a FSU fan, nor am I proclaiming FSU as a program that produces a bunch of choir boys, but Miami is the standard by which all student-athlete misconduct is measured. A major reason why I have an undying hate for their program.

UM 30, FSU 27

In history, most games have been decided by a field goal. Both Ponder and Harris have f*cking awesome games, but Harris' is better.

I don't want to say I told ya so, but... :D

anyway great game and fun one to watch even though I had no loyalty to either team, best college football game since Texas/Texas Tech last year.

I heard the punks from Thug U decided to celebrate their win last night by robbing some stores and raping some women.

yep and randy shannon then had to vacate 14 victories - making his career total in the negative........ but at least they all got some really cool new shoes

I'm not a FSU fan, nor am I proclaiming FSU as a program that produces a bunch of choir boys, but Miami is the standard by which all student-athlete misconduct is measured. A major reason why I have an undying hate for their program.

that really isnt true. At all

First, we haven't had to vacate them yet.

Second, at least we don't do this- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNypDGoC_8M

Second, at least we don't do this- http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FNypDGoC_8M

yet being the key word. and because we got into a fight we are just awful people. i find it funny how people act like thye own these schools on the internet. its a freaking school and its a f***ing game. i cant stand it when people speak about sports like their life depends on it

Second, at least we don't do this- http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FNypDGoC_8M

Sorry I had to do it but no matter what anyone says last night was a great game between 2 tough rivals.

Although the Noles lost, this game showed that if they can get any type of consistancy on defense they will be a very scary team come October. The offense ranks among GT, VT, and the Canes as one of the best in the ACC, they shouldn't have any problems putting points up. Their only problem will be trying to keep other teams from doing the same. In all, I was impressed with the play of true freshmen Greg Reid, Jaccobi McDaniel, and Brandon Jenkins on D. Nigel Bradham looked like an animal out there, and Nigel Carr looked impressive as well. If this isn;t our year, than next season will be without a doubt. Go Noles!!! BTW, Jaccory Harris is going to be crazy good in the future, and I wish the best for the Canes going into this season. Hopefully we can get some revenge in the ACC Champ game lol.

Alright, here's my rant. First off, where was Patrick Robinson? This guy was supposed to be one of our few guaranteed starters on defense this year, and all he did was commit pass interference, and let Benjamin blow by him for a huge play. Watson played great and so did Bradham, but where was the rest of the defense?? We had a just a little bit of pass rushing, and our pass defense was horrific. If we play like this, I can't see any team putting up less than three touchdowns versus us, even Jacksonville State. And after this game, I'm really losing all faith in Jimbo. I didn't like him all that much last year, but last night was just pathetic. With under two minutes left and on second and two, you have a QB that is hot, you only have one timeout, and you run it?? What the hell was that? That burned a good 20 or 30 seconds off the clock. Not to mention the unbelievably bad clock management at the end of the game. When there are 43 seconds left, you take a timeout. Then you have time to discuss the plays you're going to run and maybe you can even try to run it for a first down, and then still have time to pass it. Instead, we waste 24 seconds and only get a few pass plays, with the game ending on third down. The few positives that I can take away from that game are the amazing plays by Reid, and Ponder also played well. Other than that though, there really isn't that much.

Although the Noles lost, this game showed that if they can get any type of consistancy on defense they will be a very scary team come October. The offense ranks among GT, VT, and the Canes as one of the best in the ACC, they shouldn't have any problems putting points up. Their only problem will be trying to keep other teams from doing the same. In all, I was impressed with the play of true freshmen Greg Reid, Jaccobi McDaniel, and Brandon Jenkins on D. Nigel Bradham looked like an animal out there, and Nigel Carr looked impressive as well. If this isn;t our year, than next season will be without a doubt. Go Noles!!! BTW, Jaccory Harris is going to be crazy good in the future, and I wish the best for the Canes going into this season. Hopefully we can get some revenge in the ACC Champ game lol.

i think as the year goes on FSU will become an even better team, they looked amazing too. I really think in the end of the year the ACC championship could easily be FSU vs UM for a BCS bowl game

i think as the year goes on FSU will become an even better team, they looked amazing too. I really think in the end of the year the ACC championship could easily be FSU vs UM for a BCS bowl game

The speed of Florida football never ceases to amaze me. Miami vs FSU is usually the best display of it, but even when USF beat Auburn and WVU not too long ago, you could just see how much of a difference the speed made. Definitely looking forward to USF playing Miami and FSU, to see where we stack up, I think we're close, we may not win one, or both, but I don't think we'll be embarrassed either.

The speed of Florida football never ceases to amaze me. Miami vs FSU is usually the best display of it, but even when USF beat Auburn and WVU not too long ago, you could just see how much of a difference the speed made. Definitely looking forward to USF playing Miami and FSU, to see where we stack up, I think we're close, we may not win one, or both, but I don't think we'll be embarrassed either.

The FSU game will be tough, because not only are the Noles going to go hard for a recruiting boost via a win but also because the Doak will be 'whited-out'. I'm really excited to play you guys and BYU this year in non-con.

The FSU game will be tough, because not only are the Noles going to go hard for a recruiting boost via a win but also because the Doak will be 'whited-out'. I'm really excited to play you guys and BYU this year in non-con.

Haha, every game among Florida teams is a "recruiting" game it seems. But, I think I like playing in a big game atmosphere like that. Closest/most recent thing I can think of was @ Auburn for that upset, but I definitely hope that FSU fans take the game seriously and bring that big game atmosphere because that's definitely a whole different level. Either way, should be fun.

Why am I not surprised that a cool guy is named T-Pain

Couldn't be further from the truth.

Perhaps a number of years ago your statement would have some truth value. However, more recently, especially during the Randy Shannon era, there really have been no major problems, especially in comparison to other programs.

As questionable as Shannon may be at times as a head coach, he serves effectively as a disciplinarian. He's implemented many policies regarding academics and conduct that haven't been there in the past. He is a stickler for respect and punctuality. Just as an example, Shannon is in frequent contact with many of the professors of athletes on the team - If one player's cell phone goes off in class, he is notified, and the entire team loses their cell phones for a week. That gives you an indication of the kind of ship that Shannon is running.

If you want to look at major conduct violations such as arrests, or out-of-house problems - there really haven't been any. Not to knock on FSU, but as long as we're talking about a standard measure of student-athlete misconduct, FSU's players and their program have been in much more trouble recently than anyone from Miami.