Marlins make offer to Kevin Gregg

It's not a good thing when you expect the guy who you are about to give the closer role to to end up losing the job before the season ends. Shows how little faith you really have in him, as most of us should have little faith in Gregg as our closer after the travesty that was the 08 season.

@ Lou: and your list of AAA didn't even include Ceda, which is sick.

Also, I don't think that they'll hesitate to put Miller in AAA, even if he's getting paid. He's going to get paid either way, and I suspect they'll do what's best for the team, whether that's Miller in AAA and West in MLB, vice-versa, or even some sort of RVH/Badenhop/other vet option.

It's not a good thing when you expect the guy who you are about to give the closer role to to end up losing the job before the season ends. Shows how little faith you really have in him, as most of us should have little faith in Gregg as our closer after the travesty that was the 08 season.

You could say the same thing for Nunez about expecting him to lose the role.

At the end of the day, Gregg provides options. Is that really a bad thing?

MONDAY, 5:43pm: According to Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post, the Marlins have yet to make an offer for Gregg. Capozzi adds that the Marlins view Gregg as a setup man; Leo Nunez would be the closer. Kiko Calero is also on the radar, according to Capozzi.

Well this helps a bunch knowing that they are going for all the bullpen help possible and that they are not just handing Gregg the closer role.

@ Lou: and your list of AAA didn't even include Ceda, which is sick.

You think Ceda is going to start in AAA? I'd guess Jax. He pitched 30 innings of AA in 2008, and the PCL is a lot tougher than Jax's neutral park.

Hmmm, that sounds reasonable. I was mostly just thinking of him as a guy with a legitimate future in our bullpen with a decent chance of possibly contributing this year, but AAA may be too ambitious.