4/30 Post Game

Listen I dislike Fredi and I will let everyone know that right now but the point of this thread isnt to jump off the bridge and freak out. this team jus looks like it has no fire like it did at the beginning of the year and just really boring. I believe its the managers job to get the team ready to play and they really dont. we have lost 5 of 6 and the offense has been beyond bad. Is it time to bring up stanton? im not sure, i think he may need to go to AAA first but he shouldnt be in AA anymore. he needs to progress. What about bryan peterson? he is doing pretty well in the minors and we could really use some offense. we are really struggling bad and hanley is not driving in runs like we need him too

I would be worried if it was the 3rd or 4th month of the season but it's only been one month of baseball. The Yankees last season started out very slow as they were 9-10 after 19 games. They looked very much like the Marlins of this year, rough offensive nights, bad pitching performances from both starters and bullpen and a lot of low scoring games. They then had a rough start to may going 2 and 6 in the first two weeks with a record of 14 -16 halfway through May. They then went on a 16-4 stretch and never looked back as they improved there record to 30 and 20 and we all know where they went from there.

The Marlins will eventually click offensively and put up big runs per game like we usually do and go on a nice win streak. The only thing I'm really worried about is the bullpen. It looks like the only guy that has it in the pen is Leo and that's a very good think but if the guys before him can't hold a lead, what good is he as a closer that doesn't get save opportunities? Bottom line is the bullpen needs to really step it up if we want to make any run this season.

I would be worried if it was the 3rd or 4th month of the season but it's only been one month of baseball. The Yankees last season started out very slow as they were 9-10 after 19 games. They looked very much like the Marlins of this year, rough offensive nights, bad pitching performances from both starters and bullpen and a lot of low scoring games. They then had a rough start to may going 2 and 6 in the first two weeks with a record of 14 -16 halfway through May. They then went on a 16-4 stretch and never looked back as they improved there record to 30 and 20 and we all know where they went from there.

The Marlins will eventually click offensively and put up big runs per game like we usually do and go on a nice win streak. The only thing I'm really worried about is the bullpen. It looks like the only guy that has it in the pen is Leo and that's a very good think but if the guys before him can't hold a lead, what good is he as a closer that doesn't get save opportunities? Bottom line is the bullpen needs to really step it up if we want to make any run this season.

i agree but we dont really have any consistent hitters other than cantu right now. hanley is struggling and yes uggla but who knows how long he will keep this up

i agree but we dont really have any consistent hitters other than cantu right now. hanley is struggling and yes uggla but who knows how long he will keep this up

Ok, and we all know Hanley won't continue his "struggles." I'm worried about 2/3 of our OF right now though because those guys have sucked, and they're not quite as proven. Fredi should consider switching the lineup, or something. Maybe put Baker back to hit 2nd, and Gaby hitting 2nd against lefties. After that gets fixed, we could definitely use another bullpen arm or two...those are always available before the trade deadline.

I doubt Uggla keeps up and average over .280 but the power number will be there as he's on a steady pace for another30 HR 90 RBI season. Not really worried about Hanley because we know what he can do offensively when he get's in a groove. A good example to compare Hanley to right now is Mark Texiera(sorry for another Yankee reference) Tex has a reputation of starting out very very slow in April and early May but he always ends up hitting .290 + with at least 30 Homers and 100 RBI's. As for the rest of our offense, Cody has always been a streaky hitter, Maybin is also on the roller coaster status, Baker is a solid contributor, Cantu has just been outstanding, Gaby is contributing more then most of us thought he would, and he needs to just keep getting on base but who I'm really worried about is Coghlan. I hope he just has that slow starter disease because he's a key factor as a table setter for our 3,4,5 hitters as her can get on base, steal a few bases and score runs. Just give it some time, another month to be exact and if we are severely getting worse in worse in the standings and the team looks like were going no where, then some actions need to be made.

Coghlan is something like 9 for his last 24 with a couple of walks, so he is improving. However, he sure didn't look good in his last AB last night. I think he might be starting to come out of it.

Maybin is the one I'm not too sure about.

Coghlan is something like 9 for his last 24 with a couple of walks, so he is improving. However, he sure didn't look good in his last AB last night. I think he might be starting to come out of it.

I'd sure feel better about Coghlan if he could manage just one extra base hit.

Maybin is the one I'm not too sure about.

My problem is he's struck out 9 times in that same stretch, while only walking twice.

That includes striking out twice last night