Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

JJ's ERA

Featured Replies

And Strasburg gave up 3 putting him at 2.25, giving a Gaby ROTY some more life.

 

So he was the ROTY leader after five starts?

Yeah, but 1 start in June isn't really going to mean anything. But I think right now if you asked the writers to predict who they'd vote for, they'd pick Stras.

 

 

Right now? That'd be ridiculous.

But it's not right now, it's in September. And the way the media, who votes for the award, has been gushing and bubbling over him I can't see how he's not the favorite.

And Strasburg gave up 3 putting him at 2.25, giving a Gaby ROTY some more life.

 

So he was the ROTY leader after five starts?

Yeah, but 1 start in June isn't really going to mean anything. But I think right now if you asked the writers to predict who they'd vote for, they'd pick Stras.

 

 

Right now? That'd be ridiculous.

But it's not right now, it's in September. And the way the media, who votes for the award, has been gushing and bubbling over him I can't see how he's not the favorite.

 

I agree. He is clearly the frontrunner despite his most recent start. The media is completely in love with him. I was also wondering have any of his starts NOT been on national television? I know we were pushed on Monday for his start and as far as I can recall his other games where also on national television.

JJ has been amazin this year too bad the bullpen is gonna cost him a Cy Young

He pretty much has to pitch 8 innings or more to get a win. What makes matters worse is that the bats had begun to quit on him Anyone coreect me if I am wrong when I say that JJ should have almost just as many Ws as Ubaldo (by my estimation 12-13 Wins) I saw Brown and he was amazin that year but I am actually more impressed with JJ at this moment

And Strasburg gave up 3 putting him at 2.25, giving a Gaby ROTY some more life.

 

So he was the ROTY leader after five starts?

 

 

really? It's kinda pathetic to this point that I've got to explain every single word in every single post because I become a criminal of some sorts. By the season he was having, if he continues on that pace, YES, he is rookie of the year.

 

Now, since Strasburg's ERA is finally coming back down to earth, the playing field is leveling. Like said above, come September Strasburg is rookie of the year if his numbers remain the same.

I wasn't really sure where to post this but it's an article about JJ's numbers compared to Jimenez.

 

http://bleacherrepor...http://bleacherreport.com/articles/413375-why-marlins-josh-johnson-is-better-than-rockies-ubaldo-jimenez?utm_campaign=buzztap&utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

 

JJ wins.

 

 

I don't hate the FIP stat as I used to but I don't think the Cy Young should be based on FIP or xFIP. It should be based primarily on stats like ERA+, innings per start, total innings, OPS allowed, etc. Right now Ubaldo has a slight lead but I think the talk of individual awards when we're not even half way through the season is premature.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.