June 29, 201016 yr If what I saw was accurate on mlb.com, Ubaldo gave up 4 runs tonight, raising his ERA to 1.83 which means JJ is now tied for the league lead in ERA!!!
June 29, 201016 yr And we're still 36-40!!! Why... where did you get that information from? Judging the two ROTY batting... the NL batting title... and the ace pitching we've gotten I'd imagine we're in first place.
June 29, 201016 yr To add more the thread, this is Ubaldo's second bad start. Maybe someone is coming back down to Earth. Also, when you look at their numbers, it's clear who is the better pitcher. I think it's safe to say JJ is the bets pitcher in baseball.
June 29, 201016 yr To add more the thread, this is Ubaldo's second bad start. Maybe someone is coming back down to Earth. Also, when you look at their numbers, it's clear who is the better pitcher. I think it's safe to say JJ is the bets pitcher in baseball. If things end like they are now, JJ deserves the CY Young, yet he will sadly not get it simply because of Jimenez W-L record.
June 29, 201016 yr To add more the thread, this is Ubaldo's second bad start. Maybe someone is coming back down to Earth. Also, when you look at their numbers, it's clear who is the better pitcher. I think it's safe to say JJ is the bets pitcher in baseball. If things end like they are now, JJ deserves the CY Young, yet he will sadly not get it simply because of Jimenez W-L record. Agreed... although if Jimenez starts to separate from JJ significantly in ERA, such as 1.80 vs. 2.60, JJ will still win it. But even with a small lead in the ERA department they'll give it to Jimenez even though W-L means absolutely nothing (when you are that good, I mean).
June 29, 201016 yr considering Greinke managed to win the Cy Young with Kansas last year, I haven't lost total faith in the voters yet
June 29, 201016 yr Author I think the last time we had a pitcher keeping the ERA low all year was Kevin Brown
June 29, 201016 yr I think the last time we had a pitcher keeping the ERA low all year was Kevin Brown I literally just read a pretty old article about Kevin Brown today. Pretty good stuff if anyone cares to read it. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1015431/1/index.htm
June 29, 201016 yr considering Greinke managed to win the Cy Young with Kansas last year, I haven't lost total faith in the voters yet He wasnt saying JJ was going to lose the Cy Young because he's in Florida... he way saying that JJ would lose it because wins-losses record is highly overrated and Ubaldo is running away in that department. Dont remember 2005? Dontrelle loses to Chris Carpenter... Dontrelle had about .2 less on his ERA but had 5 more losses... Carpenter was 23-5 while Dontrelle was 22-10.
June 29, 201016 yr considering Greinke managed to win the Cy Young with Kansas last year, I haven't lost total faith in the voters yet He wasnt saying JJ was going to lose the Cy Young because he's in Florida... he way saying that JJ would lose it because wins-losses record is highly overrated and Ubaldo is running away in that department. Dont remember 2005? Dontrelle loses to Chris Carpenter... Dontrelle had about .2 less on his ERA but had 5 more losses... Carpenter was 23-5 while Dontrelle was 22-10. And to mention another one in Marlins history: Rk Player ERA W L WHIP 1 Kevin Brown 1.89 17 11 0.944 2 John Smoltz 2.94 24 8 1.001
June 29, 201016 yr considering Greinke managed to win the Cy Young with Kansas last year, I haven't lost total faith in the voters yet He wasnt saying JJ was going to lose the Cy Young because he's in Florida... he way saying that JJ would lose it because wins-losses record is highly overrated and Ubaldo is running away in that department. Dont remember 2005? Dontrelle loses to Chris Carpenter... Dontrelle had about .2 less on his ERA but had 5 more losses... Carpenter was 23-5 while Dontrelle was 22-10. And to mention another one in Marlins history: Rk Player ERA W L WHIP 1 Kevin Brown 1.89 17 11 0.944 2 John Smoltz 2.94 24 8 1.001 I believe that was '96. We were an infant team, the Braves were perrenial play off material, and their pitchers were winning CY's almost every year. There were alot of us really ticked off Browny didn't win that time. But he did lead the league in smashing TVs.
June 29, 201016 yr And we're still 36-40!!! Why... where did you get that information from? Judging the two ROTY batting... the NL batting title... and the ace pitching we've gotten I'd imagine we're in first place. When you state it that way it is sad we are 4 games under .500. It doesn't make sense!!!
June 29, 201016 yr That is ridiculous being 14-1 with like another 2 starts before the All Star Break
June 29, 201016 yr They should just call it the Cy Young Most Wins Award Yeah. Kevin Brown got screwed all those years ago by that(1998?). He finished the season with a 1.87 ERA, but had the worst run support in MLB history. It defies logic. Its supposed to be an individual award but the voters care more about a team stat.If not for Stanton, JJ would be leading in ERA. And If not for Maybin who knows what would've happened that night with the score 0-0 after 9.
June 29, 201016 yr considering Greinke managed to win the Cy Young with Kansas last year, I haven't lost total faith in the voters yet He wasnt saying JJ was going to lose the Cy Young because he's in Florida... he way saying that JJ would lose it because wins-losses record is highly overrated and Ubaldo is running away in that department. Dont remember 2005? Dontrelle loses to Chris Carpenter... Dontrelle had about .2 less on his ERA but had 5 more losses... Carpenter was 23-5 while Dontrelle was 22-10. And to mention another one in Marlins history: Rk Player ERA W L WHIP 1 Kevin Brown 1.89 17 11 0.944 2 John Smoltz 2.94 24 8 1.001 Wow... I was well aware of this but I never knew it Smoltz has such a high ERA versus Brown. That's disgusting.. over 1.00 more in ERA. Because his team was better. I was so friggin pissed when Carpenter won (although I was too young to understand Brown at the time). Real mad. I cant imagine my reaction to this lol.
June 29, 201016 yr And Strasburg gave up 3 putting him at 2.25, giving a Gaby ROTY some more life. You're kidding me right? :blink:
June 30, 201016 yr And Strasburg gave up 3 putting him at 2.25, giving a Gaby ROTY some more life. So he was the ROTY leader after five starts?
June 30, 201016 yr And Strasburg gave up 3 putting him at 2.25, giving a Gaby ROTY some more life. So he was the ROTY leader after five starts? Yeah, but 1 start in June isn't really going to mean anything. But I think right now if you asked the writers to predict who they'd vote for, they'd pick Stras.
June 30, 201016 yr And Strasburg gave up 3 putting him at 2.25, giving a Gaby ROTY some more life. So he was the ROTY leader after five starts? Yeah, but 1 start in June isn't really going to mean anything. But I think right now if you asked the writers to predict who they'd vote for, they'd pick Stras. Right now? That'd be ridiculous.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.