Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Made You a Fan?

Featured Replies

I became a fan in 1997 after the Marlins signed Alex Fernandez, Bobby Bonilla, and Moises Alou. I liked the way the Marlins were a franchise not afraid to spend money on good talent.

 

 

When you tell people that bolded part they must look at you with a raised eyebrow.

I became a fan in 1997 after the Marlins signed Alex Fernandez, Bobby Bonilla, and Moises Alou. I liked the way the Marlins were a franchise not afraid to spend money on good talent.

 

:lol

I became a fan in 1997 after the Marlins signed Alex Fernandez, Bobby Bonilla, and Moises Alou. I liked the way the Marlins were a franchise not afraid to spend money on good talent.

 

:lol

 

LMAO Thats frickin' awesome, that should be everyone's sig...

 

By the way, just thinking... most of us mention catching on during the inaugural year and of course being hooked during '97 and '03... but does anyone else feel that the success of the 2006 team really made a big impact on our fanbase here? We basically started over in 2006 and could have shriveled up and died like Pittsburgh, a "young" team that can never get over the hump. I think the fact that our youngsters have shown so much fight and potential since 2006 has helped so many people say "I just have to watch this team even when they seem out of it." These past few years have shown that we are so exciting to watch.

I became a fan in 1997 after the Marlins signed Alex Fernandez, Bobby Bonilla, and Moises Alou. I liked the way the Marlins were a franchise not afraid to spend money on good talent.

 

:lol

 

LMAO Thats frickin' awesome, that should be everyone's sig...

 

By the way, just thinking... most of us mention catching on during the inaugural year and of course being hooked during '97 and '03... but does anyone else feel that the success of the 2006 team really made a big impact on our fanbase here? We basically started over in 2006 and could have shriveled up and died like Pittsburgh, a "young" team that can never get over the hump. I think the fact that our youngsters have shown so much fight and potential since 2006 has helped so many people say "I just have to watch this team even when they seem out of it." These past few years have shown that we are so exciting to watch.

 

I think the 2006 team showed those who were willing to watch the team that this was not going to be a bottom-feeder organization. It left a lasting impression on me, and it really exemplifies the beauty of baseball games. The game isn't over until that 27th out is recorded, and it feels like that marlins consistently believe in that premise, even when they aren't playing well.

  • Author

I became a fan in 1997 after the Marlins signed Alex Fernandez, Bobby Bonilla, and Moises Alou. I liked the way the Marlins were a franchise not afraid to spend money on good talent.

 

 

lol :thumbup

  • Author

I became a fan in 1997 after the Marlins signed Alex Fernandez, Bobby Bonilla, and Moises Alou. I liked the way the Marlins were a franchise not afraid to spend money on good talent.

 

:lol

 

LMAO Thats frickin' awesome, that should be everyone's sig...

 

By the way, just thinking... most of us mention catching on during the inaugural year and of course being hooked during '97 and '03... but does anyone else feel that the success of the 2006 team really made a big impact on our fanbase here? We basically started over in 2006 and could have shriveled up and died like Pittsburgh, a "young" team that can never get over the hump. I think the fact that our youngsters have shown so much fight and potential since 2006 has helped so many people say "I just have to watch this team even when they seem out of it." These past few years have shown that we are so exciting to watch.

 

I think the 2006 team showed those who were willing to watch the team that this was not going to be a bottom-feeder organization. It left a lasting impression on me, and it really exemplifies the beauty of baseball games. The game isn't over until that 27th out is recorded, and it feels like that marlins consistently believe in that premise, even when they aren't playing well.

 

 

Ah the 2006 Marlins. This was after everyone was traded right? What I remember first was picking up a newspaper and constantly seeing another player that was traded. Aggrivation was definitely the first thing I felt. I remember seeing Joe Girardi at times with tears in his eyes near the beginning of the season when the team continued to make error-after-error. Then I remember the fight they had and how they actually turned things around. I forgot overall how we did in 2006 but I remember we began playing really great, great enough for Joe to be manager of the year. It was definitely a rollercoaster ride of a season with both low and high points.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.