August 13, 201016 yr I guess Murphy has become a board fav. This game should have been a blow out. Why did you even mention Murphy? Noone else has. :lol
August 14, 201016 yr I guess Murphy has become a board fav. This game should have been a blow out. Why did you even mention Murphy? Noone else has. That was the point. Had one of the boards whipping boys done that it would have been the main topic.
August 14, 201016 yr I guess Murphy has become a board fav. This game should have been a blow out. The game winning hits and great pinching hitting will do that. But let me guess, Wes Helms is better, right? Never even entered my mind to compare. Just pointing out the obvious hypocrisy. Murph's offensive numbers will be completely ignored because he is becoming a board fav. But let me guess. Had it been a close game or us behind and Murph k'd twice with bases loaded and less than 2 outs it would have been okay because he has had a couple game winning hits in the past. Or even in the case of this game, if Helms had done the exact same things Murph did it would have gone unmentioned. I'm not a big Wes fan this season. But I'm also not going to need a cold shower over Murph. I can't think of anyone on this team right now that hasn't had game winning hits OR put themselves in position to score the winning runs in games this year.
August 14, 201016 yr Murphy was a minor-league free agent who has had some big hits. There really aren't a lot of expectations there.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.