Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8/12 Post Game

Featured Replies

Marlins sweep 5-0 and win 4 in a row!

 

W: Nolasco (13-8)

L: Hernandez (8-8)

 

2B: B Hayes (3)

HR: M Stanton (12)

  • Author

We may not make the playoffs, but at least they are keeping things entertaining.

 

And what a series for Stanton

We may not make the playoffs, but at least they are keeping things entertaining.

 

And what a series for Stanton

 

 

We always seem to do that in some form or manner, part of the reason I love this team.

Ricky pitched really well tonight. Great to see! Stanton continues to amaze...but it was good pitching all around tonight as well such as Veras who got out of a jam when Ricky was taken out. The Marlins looked good in this series and I believe we won 4 games in a row now. And yep...sweet sweep! Let's continue playing this way even though it's going to get tougher!

We may not make the playoffs, but at least they are keeping things entertaining.

 

And what a series for Stanton

 

Its crazy i know but, for some reason i still got some hope.

 

I think the august schedule gives us a good opportunity to gain ground, esp with series vs. pitt (4 games) and houston.

cinci just got swept. lets keep the ball rolling and help out the cardinals

 

 

Is it just me, or do you hate to play teams when they have been playing bad recently?

 

I feel like "Oh god, they're bound to turn it around against us"

Great job out of Ricky and the pitching staff tonight. Especially Veras for wiggling out of a tight spot in the 7th. If he fails there it changes the whole game. Also, Stanton is a monster. It's hard to believe he's still only 20.

cinci just got swept. lets keep the ball rolling and help out the cardinals

 

 

Is it just me, or do you hate to play teams when they have been playing bad recently?

 

I feel like "Oh god, they're bound to turn it around against us"

 

I feel the same way. Plus we are yet to put together a winning streak beyond four games this year. Wonder who will pitch for Kickin' Cueto on Sunday.

cinci just got swept. lets keep the ball rolling and help out the cardinals

 

 

Is it just me, or do you hate to play teams when they have been playing bad recently?

 

I feel like "Oh god, they're bound to turn it around against us"

 

Agreed. Remember the Astros in the beginning of the season? They dropped the first 15 games, then we came to Houston just as they got their act together and they knocked us around pretty badly. Situations like that are when the typical Fish killers are up to their usual prowess. Michael Bourne was an absolute menace and Lance Berkman hit us pretty hard. I'd be on the lookout for Joey Votto, Scott Rolen and Brandon Phillips... I think it's gonna be a tough series.

I guess Murphy has become a board fav. This game should have been a blow out.

 

 

The game winning hits and great pinching hitting will do that.

 

But let me guess, Wes Helms is better, right?

Outside of the top of the 8th, I really enjoyed this game.

 

I don't know how you can load the bases and then strike out the next three hitters. That's just bad situational hitting imo.

This is good our bats became alive going into a series where runs won't be an issue in one of the easiest Homerun Hitting Parks in the game.

Just Win Baby Win!

I guess Murphy has become a board fav. This game should have been a blow out.

 

 

The game winning hits and great pinching hitting will do that.

 

But let me guess, Wes Helms is better, right?

 

 

Hector!!!

I guess Murphy has become a board fav. This game should have been a blow out.

 

Why did you even mention Murphy? Noone else has.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.