Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Strasburg needs TJS

Featured Replies

I went to a pyramid scheme presentation once just for laughs. It was at a Holiday Inn. Someone asked the presenter if there were any negative aspects of this "business opportunity." They guy responded: "lack of sleep...because you will stay up all night thinking about all of the money you'll be making."

I went to a pyramid scheme presentation once just for laughs. It was at a Holiday Inn. Someone asked the presenter if there were any negative aspects of this "business opportunity." They guy responded: "lack of sleep...because you will stay up all night thinking about all of the money you'll be making."

 

 

:lol wow..there was free refresments I hope?

 

Well this really sucks for the Nats and their fans. Can't be good being a Nats fan right about now. But wow, it certainly didn't take ol' Strassburger long.

Sucks for the Nats and its actually pretty disappointing for baseball, but this is why I just don't agree with handing that much money to players who haven't played professionally, especially pitchers. Not that the Nats had any choice, but the draft system really needs to be re-written.

 

Both my favorite sports have major flaws in their draft systems. In the NFL, a player drafted first overall can get more guaranteed money before he has stepped on an NFL field than half of his team-mates will make in their career added together.

Both my favorite sports have major flaws in their draft systems. In the NFL, a player drafted first overall can get more guaranteed money before he has stepped on an NFL field than half of his team-mates will make in their career added together.

 

 

15 Mil for Stephen Strasburg without throwing a pitch is a much better contract than a lot of free agent veteran pitchers. I have no problem with the bonus he got, and if I'm the Nats, I make that same pick 100/100, even if I knew he was going to get hurt like this. That team can't afford to not take the best player available. Injuries happen to everyone.

 

Yeah, he had scary mechanics, but that's not a death knell. You just have to handle him right.

As tey say on CSI Miami....

 

Looks like his rookie season :cool ended on a tear.

 

:lol :thumbdown I hope you're not gonna be here all night.

 

 

Will there ever be such a thing as preemptive Tommy John surgery? You might as well get it over with. And wouldn't the recovery time be much shorter?

As tey say on CSI Miami....

 

Looks like his rookie season :cool ended on a tear.

 

:lol :thumbdown I hope you're not gonna be here all night.

 

 

Will there ever be such a thing as preemptive Tommy John surgery? You might as well get it over with. And wouldn't the recovery time be much shorter?

 

Lol yay I got drafted into the MLB, but my draft is pending I get TJS.

They just straight-up disrespected JJ on Sportscenter tonight. When mentioning "notable pitchers after TJ surgery", they left him out and included the likes of AJ Burnett. :thumbdown

As tey say on CSI Miami....

 

Looks like his rookie season :cool ended on a tear.

 

:lol :thumbdown I hope you're not gonna be here all night.

 

 

Will there ever be such a thing as preemptive Tommy John surgery? You might as well get it over with. And wouldn't the recovery time be much shorter?

Yes, you hear all the time about high schoolers(and even middle schoolers) having TJ surgery as a preventative measure. It bothers me to no end.

They just straight-up disrespected JJ on Sportscenter tonight. When mentioning "notable pitchers after TJ surgery", they left him out and included the likes of AJ Burnett. :thumbdown

 

 

Ugh. I know as Marlins fans we should be used to this already, but it still pisses me off! All I have to say to Sportscenter is: :censored :censored :chair :stormy :Smash :hammer and his name is Josh Johnson and don't forget it!!!!

 

 

I appologize for losing my head there. And yes, when I get pissed off it lightnings

They just straight-up disrespected JJ on Sportscenter tonight. When mentioning "notable pitchers after TJ surgery", they left him out and included the likes of AJ Burnett. :thumbdown

 

 

Well they did an entire segment on how Strasburg needs to change his mechanics to something similar as J.J. if he wants to be a successful and healthy pitcher in the future.

 

Who didn't see this coming to be honest?

I felt it would happen sometime between 2011-2012 but It could be good for the kid as he has plenty of time to fix anything he was doing wrong and get even better and stronger.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.