Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9/15 Phillies @ Marlins

Featured Replies

I wish JJ learns to be more like Halladay and pitch deeper into games.

 

 

 

I just wish we had a couple more JJ's.

 

I can't disagree there.

I wish JJ learns to be more like Halladay and pitch deeper into games.

 

You gotta remember that this is only JJ's 3rd full season (that's kinda crazy). In Roy's 3rd season full season (about the same amount of IP that JJ has) he only had 2 complete games.

 

The next year he had 9 and won the Cy Young though.

This game and other recent ones indicate that the Marlins cannot expect any help from their minor leagues for next year's bullpen.

 

Well, assuming you don't realize that anyone worth a damn in our minors is currently in the playoffs down there.

 

 

Ceda had a pretty good year in Jacksonville's bullpen.

I feel bad for Edwin; you can tell by his expressions that this is really bothering him, as he's hoping to keep his job, heading into next year.

This game and other recent ones indicate that the Marlins cannot expect any help from their minor leagues for next year's bullpen.

 

Well, assuming you don't realize that anyone worth a damn in our minors is currently in the playoffs down there.

 

 

Ceda had a pretty good year in Jacksonville's bullpen.

Yes he did. Ceda's the exception and I think he'll be fine next year.

This game and other recent ones indicate that the Marlins cannot expect any help from their minor leagues for next year's bullpen.

 

Well, assuming you don't realize that anyone worth a damn in our minors is currently in the playoffs down there.

 

 

Ceda had a pretty good year in Jacksonville's bullpen.

Yes he did. Ceda's the exception and I think he'll be fine next year.

 

 

Unless he shows some signs of improvement over the next couple of weeks, they can't count on him heading into next year. He hasn't thrown strikes up here. Of course there's always Spring Training to prove yourself, but the point is he's probably our "most-ready" relief prospect, and he doesn't look ready, at all.

 

It will be interesting to see what our pen looks like next year, actually. It's possible that Hensley could be the closer. Also...what do we do with Leo? And...do they re-sign Veras?

This game and other recent ones indicate that the Marlins cannot expect any help from their minor leagues for next year's bullpen.

 

Well, assuming you don't realize that anyone worth a damn in our minors is currently in the playoffs down there.

 

 

Ceda had a pretty good year in Jacksonville's bullpen.

Yes he did. Ceda's the exception and I think he'll be fine next year.

 

Maybe Ceda just pitches terribly against the Phillies.

Maybe it's only been a few games.

 

I'm not saying he'll be good for sure, but I think he'll at least be okay, given his minors numbers. I'd weigh more on that then on a few cup off coffee innings in blowouts.

 

Obviously if he doesn't have a single good outing up here there's some pause but I really do think he'll be fine.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.