Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9/20 Postgame

Featured Replies

And LoMo extended his on-base streak, 1 for 3 with a walk. OBP now .428.

 

 

The rookies are the only reason I watch anymore... which is pretty sad :(

 

Oh, and to see if Uggla gets his 100 RBIs.

If only Volstad could pitch like this when the games really matter. Nice to see Davis providing the offense, he's got a lot of competitive fire.

I was at the game and I have to admit the game was going so fast I didn't even notice Volstud had a shutout going on til the 7th.

 

He had everything working for him today, live fastball, sharp slider, good changeup and his curve got Pujols to wiff twice.

 

I hope he can finish out the season like this and either become good trade bait for next year or can continue his success on a consistent basis and be our number 4 or 5.

 

Also, i think it should be noted that there was a surpassingly big crowd at the stadium today for a 3:10 Game on a Monday!

They said they had sold 12,000 tickets but it looks like there was as solid 8 to 9 thousand there

 

 

Sold 12K? Okay. A little under 3K season tix. And I don't know about other season ticket holders, but I got 8 free tickets from the team in the mail for this game. Section 253, Row 6. Along with the original 2 tickets from that Sunday game, that makes 10 I gave away.

 

But I did get a chuckle out of the "surprisingly big crowd" and "solid 8-9K" statements.

How about the GS from Davis? That man really wants to be our backup next year

 

 

I would have never guessed that was the first granny by a Marlins catcher.

How about the GS from Davis? That man really wants to be our backup next year

 

 

Not to be a buzzkill, but he still has an OBP under .300, so I'm not sold on him yet.

How about the GS from Davis? That man really wants to be our backup next year

 

 

Not to be a buzzkill, but he still has an OBP under .300, so I'm not sold on him yet.

 

Very true, but if he can consistently hit lefties then he becomes more of an enticing option for backup. Very small sample size of course, but SLG .600 against LHP.

The goal now is to go 7-6 in the last games.

 

This is more exciting than a playoff race!

I was at the game and I have to admit the game was going so fast I didn't even notice Volstud had a shutout going on til the 7th.

 

He had everything working for him today, live fastball, sharp slider, good changeup and his curve got Pujols to wiff twice.

 

I hope he can finish out the season like this and either become good trade bait for next year or can continue his success on a consistent basis and be our number 4 or 5.

 

Also, i think it should be noted that there was a surpassingly big crowd at the stadium today for a 3:10 Game on a Monday!

They said they had sold 12,000 tickets but it looks like there was as solid 8 to 9 thousand there

 

 

Sold 12K? Okay. A little under 3K season tix. And I don't know about other season ticket holders, but I got 8 free tickets from the team in the mail for this game. Section 253, Row 6. Along with the original 2 tickets from that Sunday game, that makes 10 I gave away.

 

But I did get a chuckle out of the "surprisingly big crowd" and "solid 8-9K" statements.

What a pleasant sentiment...

The goal now is to go 7-6 in the last games.

 

This is more exciting than a playoff race!

 

 

Apparently the over/under was 80.5 before the season, so those people are REALLY hoping :lol

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.