Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlins Opening Night on ESPN

Featured Replies

Last game I remember us having on ESPN was in 2006 when we had a restarted rain out against the Yankees.

 

that was for the Yanks, not us.

Do you guys think that attendance will be significantly better at the new stadium once the novelty wears off? What's your sense of that? Being a current resident of the DC area and now a Nats fan, but a former Miamian and still a Marlins fan, as well, I'm curious about what the feeling is down there about how much difference the new ballpark will make in attendance.

Do you guys think that attendance will be significantly better at the new stadium once the novelty wears off? What's your sense of that? Being a current resident of the DC area and now a Nats fan, but a former Miamian and still a Marlins fan, as well, I'm curious about what the feeling is down there about how much difference the new ballpark will make in attendance.

 

 

I think it will improve. And most people forget that the Marlins actually weren't last in attendance last year. But even with their low rank, they still averaged 19K per game, which 5 years ago would not have been too bad. The popularity of the game is on the rise, and so is attendance. I would think the Marlins will draw at least 25K a night for the long haul. They'll never sell out every game, but now that the team is in a position to compete PLUS with the new park, they will be a better draw for the long haul.

Do you guys think that attendance will be significantly better at the new stadium once the novelty wears off? What's your sense of that? Being a current resident of the DC area and now a Nats fan, but a former Miamian and still a Marlins fan, as well, I'm curious about what the feeling is down there about how much difference the new ballpark will make in attendance.

 

 

I think it will improve. And most people forget that the Marlins actually weren't last in attendance last year. But even with their low rank, they still averaged 19K per game, which 5 years ago would not have been too bad. The popularity of the game is on the rise, and so is attendance. I would think the Marlins will draw at least 25K a night for the long haul. They'll never sell out every game, but now that the team is in a position to compete PLUS with the new park, they will be a better draw for the long haul.

 

That would be great to see.

I am so there. Watching first two games of the season. GO MARLINS.

 

 

I live in Chicago and I already got tickets for a June game (don't know which one yet since I don't physically have them ).

It's been awhile since I've seen my Marlins on ESPN. Probably since that 04 season after the WS.

Last game I remember us having on ESPN was in 2006 when we had a restarted rain out against the Yankees.

 

 

They were on ESPN during the 2010 season. The Puerto Rico series with the Mets.

Stoked that I will be able to watch the first two games of the season here in Chucktown, SC. Already told the boss I won't be in for those 3 days... yeah... I left a recovery day.

Do you guys think that attendance will be significantly better at the new stadium once the novelty wears off? What's your sense of that? Being a current resident of the DC area and now a Nats fan, but a former Miamian and still a Marlins fan, as well, I'm curious about what the feeling is down there about how much difference the new ballpark will make in attendance.

 

 

I'm expecting around 20-25k on weekdays depending on day/night game because of working the next morning and 30k+ on Fri and Sat games. Major division rivals will draw 30k+ even on weekdays.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.