Brandon Webb

poptart

As far as I know he has yet to audition for any team and it is only his agent who is saying that he looks in great shape (what else do you want him to say of his client?).

Being that hes only made 1 appearance in the majors over the last 3 years it doesn't come as a huge surprise to me that teams aren't beating down the door to sign him.

Anyway, I think Webb would be a good low-risk, high reward type player. He may end up never throwing another pitch in the majors but his track record has at least earned him a look. Nothing to lose with an incentive-laden minor league contract.

I have more confidence in Webb making a comeback than I do Willis. The guy was awesome before the injury.

Depends on what you mean by comeback. Willis could make himself useful though in a role different than he did before. I don't think teams would bother Webb if they didn't have the intention of starting him.

Eh, sort of. He got a $3m contract last year, I don't expect him to take too much less than that. If you give him, say, $2m to just pitch in the minors, that'd be a bit of a waste, would it not?

He's not getting that much again.

He'd get a contract that only guarantees him money if he makes the big leagues, I'm sure.

Guest Guest

I have more confidence in Webb making a comeback than I do Willis. The guy was awesome before the injury.

Depends on what you mean by comeback. Willis could make himself useful though in a role different than he did before. I don't think teams would bother Webb if they didn't have the intention of starting him.

By comeback I mean serviceable in any capacity.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.