April 5, 201214 yr The vast majority of the people who don't like it are people that are not Marlins fans and have a general dislike of the team period.
April 5, 201214 yr I had an fantastic experience. Sitting in the Lexus Club level was a great idea for opening day. Less people = shorter lines, better service. I had a shrimp burger that was very good. Open air at 79 degrees is the way to go, I was comfortable all game and even a little chilly when the breeze came. The only downside from my seats in section 223 was in rows 1-3 (I was in row 2) you can get some peanut shells on your head from the guys upstairs! The usher, however, did contact someone above and it was stopped. As far as the pre-game celebration, it was OK. I think the high school bands were boring, this is not a football game. I thought the dancers escorting the players was retarded, this is not a homecoming game. Besides that, though, I thought Jose Feliciano delivered a super cool and original national anthem. I also thought it was great seeing Ali, though the crowd could have acted more excited about it. Parking and traffic was actually a freakin' breeze for me. Showed up around 3:30, right when an abandoned gas station/parking lot owner opened up his spots for $50 a pop directly next to the stadium garages. Couldn't have been a better location, so I coughed up the cash. It was great because we were able to go back to the car a couple times and drop off some stuff, worth it for the convenience on opening night. I didn't leave until the last out was made, and leaving was probably easier than coming in. Overall I thought it was pretty great!
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.