Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

First Thoughts on New Park?

Featured Replies

I know there's still a couple outs to go as I write this, but what does everyone think about the park now that we've been able to see it on the telly?

Lots of empty seats.

 

 

 

/sameoldmarlins

 

 

This was due to them only selling 25,000 of the 36,000 available tickets.

  • Author

Lots of empty seats.

 

 

 

/sameoldmarlins

 

 

This was due to them only selling 25,000 of the 36,000 available tickets.

He was joking. lol

i've been to the park for fanfest..watched the game today....the marlins park is our dream come true..

 

it is a win -win for everybody..our team..the city of miami,county of dade,and marlins baseball lives in south florida forever..where it belongs...

Lots of empty seats.

 

 

 

/sameoldmarlins

 

 

This was due to them only selling 25,000 of the 36,000 available tickets.

He was joking. lol

This is a touchy subject for Marlins fans, thats why some of us dont see it as a joke, brings back orange seat memories.

Tomorrow will be good as well - give us an idea of how it'll look at night.

 

 

5k more fans tomorrow too. Wednesday needs to get here faster. I'm going to drag through the next two days

I like the feel of a day game thats not so bright in the stadium, not only does the stadium look cool, it feels cool just watching it on tv. The only complaint I have is the fish tanks dont seem to light up as much as I thought they would.

I like the feel of a day game thats not so bright in the stadium, not only does the stadium look cool, it feels cool just watching it on tv. The only complaint I have is the fish tanks dont seem to light up as much as I thought they would.

 

 

wait till its a night game

I like the feel of a day game thats not so bright in the stadium, not only does the stadium look cool, it feels cool just watching it on tv. The only complaint I have is the fish tanks dont seem to light up as much as I thought they would.

 

 

wait till its a night game

That makes sense

Thought with the roof closed it felt a bit too dark on tv. That and still a bit too much lime green for my taste. Hopefully come Wednesday the crowd will be louder as well (sure they will be).

 

Other than that still a great park and obviously huge improvement over what Marlins had before.

Thought with the roof closed it felt a bit too dark on tv.

 

It looked like every other indoor baseball stadium during the day.

Why the green? The aquarium? And far be it my place, as the fan of a team with an apple popping out of a hat, but I don't get the statue. It all seems like it takes away from the game, but that's just my taste. It certainly looks like a nice facility.

Why not the green or the aquarium?

 

 

It looks like a green screen, it's just distracting. Same for the aquarium, just distracting and seems unneccessary. There's nothing wrong with having attractions at the park to keep families with kids entertained. However when the actual field is so ostentatious that it distracts from the game it comes off as trying to compensate for a bad product - and I think the Marlins will be fun enough to not need that kind of thing to keep the butts in the seats.

Lots of empty seats.

 

 

 

/sameoldmarlins

 

 

This was due to them only selling 25,000 of the 36,000 available tickets.

He was joking. lol

This is a touchy subject for Marlins fans, thats why some of us dont see it as a joke, brings back orange seat memories.

 

But if everyone showed up in the orange alt. jersey ...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.