April 3, 201214 yr They will wear white tops and black caps tomorrow night I was told. Spencer's source probably mistakenly was talking about yesterday's game. white w/ black caps was what I was expecting
April 3, 201214 yr I still absolutely hate the neon green. I mean we all understand it's supposed to be different, but there's a big gap between doing something unique and just being obnoxious, and those walls are pretty obnoxious. Everything else looks pretty good though (although I didn't really watch the MLB Network game, just the highlights on ESPN, so I still don't have a true 100% idea of what the ballpark will look like gametime).
April 3, 201214 yr I still absolutely hate the neon green. I mean we all understand it's supposed to be different, but there's a big gap between doing something unique and just being obnoxious, and those walls are pretty obnoxious. Everything else looks pretty good though (although I didn't really watch the MLB Network game, just the highlights on ESPN, so I still don't have a true 100% idea of what the ballpark will look like gametime). With the roof and wall open it looked awesome...
April 4, 201214 yr Went to the game yesterday, and was overwhelming impressed with the ballpark. The open concourse is definitely one of the best features of the park. The neon green walls and the home run feature look significantly better in person (I was not a fan, until I saw it in person). Might be in the top 5 of ballparks in the league. Does anyone know if there are any banners or signs commemorating our two World Series Championships? And why are there yellow lines painted on the walls parallel to the foul poles (it looks out of place)? Btw, did anyone who went to the game yesterday notice the lack of chants during the game. The Marlins may be waiting till opening day to introduce chant graphics and calls. Game got quiet at certain points.
April 4, 201214 yr I still absolutely hate the neon green. I mean we all understand it's supposed to be different, but there's a big gap between doing something unique and just being obnoxious, and those walls are pretty obnoxious. Everything else looks pretty good though (although I didn't really watch the MLB Network game, just the highlights on ESPN, so I still don't have a true 100% idea of what the ballpark will look like gametime). Been there and I also thought neon green from pics looked bad. But my opinion changed when there. I do like it. And now I think the green monster is an ugly green, lol Always liked it before.
April 4, 201214 yr Went to the game yesterday, and was overwhelming impressed with the ballpark. The open concourse is definitely one of the best features of the park. The neon green walls and the home run feature look significantly better in person (I was not a fan, until I saw it in person). Might be in the top 5 of ballparks in the league. Does anyone know if there are any banners or signs commemorating our two World Series Championships? And why are there yellow lines painted on the walls parallel to the foul poles (it looks out of place)? Btw, did anyone who went to the game yesterday notice the lack of chants during the game. The Marlins may be waiting till opening day to introduce chant graphics and calls. Game got quiet at certain points. On Sunday there wasn't much graphics until once they had MAKE SOME NOISE. Didn't show any graphics for the players either. Pics' background looked like those you see from KMart. Blue swirly.
April 4, 201214 yr Damn, I was wishing they'd wear the Orange Caps/Socks with the Home whites tomorrow. Kind of like a homage to the teal on opening day 1993--- brightest foot forward so to speak.
April 4, 201214 yr Went to the first exhibition game vs the Yankees and also the FIU/Marlins game. The new ballpark is a work of art, though the parking leaves a lot to be desired. I like the bobble head museum, the tacky green colors on some of the walls, and the interesting food venues. It definitely screams Miami! I may be the odd ball here, but when I saw the new home run sculpture at our new ballpark, I thought it was amazing. It looks so much better in real life than in pictures.
April 4, 201214 yr I think the lack of cheering is because well...this is Miami. I've been to a few games already and they have been great, but didn't have a real fan atmosphere. It seemed more like a cool place to be than GO MARLINS. Wierd you say that. At a ST game this year we were talking to a "generic" baseball fan behind us and he said he has tried being a Marlins fan but the fans don't know how to cheer on their team. Still think it is a strange thing to say. Do people get this idea because alot of times we are out-cheered because we are out-numbered?
April 4, 201214 yr I think the lack of cheering is because well...this is Miami. I've been to a few games already and they have been great, but didn't have a real fan atmosphere. It seemed more like a cool place to be than GO MARLINS. Wierd you say that. At a ST game this year we were talking to a "generic" baseball fan behind us and he said he has tried being a Marlins fan but the fans don't know how to cheer on their team. Still think it is a strange thing to say. Do people get this idea because alot of times we are out-cheered because we are out-numbered? I can sympathize with the "generic" baseball fan. As a Marlins fan, it was frustrating as heck to see a game in Sunife Stadium. If you didn't boil yourself to death in the heat, or got soaked in the rain, you had to contend with bad sight lines and poor game attendance.
April 4, 201214 yr I think the lack of cheering is because well...this is Miami. I've been to a few games already and they have been great, but didn't have a real fan atmosphere. It seemed more like a cool place to be than GO MARLINS. Wierd you say that. At a ST game this year we were talking to a "generic" baseball fan behind us and he said he has tried being a Marlins fan but the fans don't know how to cheer on their team. Still think it is a strange thing to say. Do people get this idea because alot of times we are out-cheered because we are out-numbered? We are outnumbered sometimes, but even when we aren't there isn't as much cheering compared to other teams (thinking back to jrs too). I went to a freaking pirates game and their fans cheer more. Kinda sad. I think it has a lot to do with the Miami attitude. People here think they are too cool or something. Or they just want to see a show and don't care about the outcome. I hope this changes over time because marlins park will be extremely loud with that roof closed. I'm guessing that in those cases the lack of cheering is related to the apathy toward what is happening on the field. At least for the early games, the Marlins are probably attracting a lot fo people not caring much about the Marlins or even baseball altogether. Some people might be attending just for the "event."
April 4, 201214 yr I like how the stadium looks in person, but I hated watching those Yankees games on TV. The backstop looks terrible with the green padding. My TV isn't HD, so that probably plays a part. I hope I get used to it, because watching games isn't going to be very fun if I don't like the place.
April 4, 201214 yr Brosef, eat cat food for a few weeks, save $300 bucks, and get a 30-36 inch HDTV on slickdeals.net You're welcome.
April 4, 201214 yr I drove down there last night and almost got in an accident on 95 because I was too distracted The place is stunning on the outside. I saw the light art for the columns and the effect was pretty ducking cool
April 5, 201214 yr Are signs up on the other side of the Park for the other two section sponsers? Nah... I didn't even see a Marlins park sign on that side
April 5, 201214 yr Author Well, for my first-hand experience on the park, I absolutely loved it. The only problem tonight really was the audio kept cutting out and fire alarms kept going off. Was weird. When the roof and glass opened, we got a real nice breeze in the upper deck, which I enjoyed immensely. Nice view all over the park, I loved it. Blown away when I saw it from a distance on the highway, when we got in there I was amazed at how nice it was, it just felt comfortable throughout.
April 5, 201214 yr Article from Rosenthal with Berkmans thoughts. @Ken_Rosenthal: COLUMN: I like the #Marlins' ballpark better than the #StLCards' Berkman. But let the debate begin. http://t.co/iNia5gbl He's entitled to his opinion but another reason for me to dislike fat Elvis.
April 5, 201214 yr I have to spend at least one game at the clevelander. I was impressed with how efficient all the staff I dealt with handled the long lines. I was mildly surprised at how many people were wearing the orange Jerseys. I fully expected white or black to be the most popular. And one can never complain about getting the number for one of the cute ladies working the concessions :}
April 5, 201214 yr I think the Park looks Fantastic, apparently Lance Berkman doesnt like it, who cares what that hunched back caveman thinks. Most people Like the stadium, I think its one of the best stadiums, all we need to do know is break out and start winning.
April 5, 201214 yr I think Berkman's quote was that the wall was the shade of a bass lure. He's right
April 5, 201214 yr I don't think it was meant as an insult. Just an observation, like I said it's just not a color you expect to paint an entire outfield wall and hitter's eye. Isn't this the tradeoff for creating this kind of over the top atmosphere though? You're going to have people who don't like.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.