Official 2012 Postseason Thread

Michael

I have a feeling he was doing that on purpose as to say A-Rod makes a lot of errors

Precisely. In 2006 they were calling him E-Rod in NY. He's been a bit better lately. Too bad he forgot how to hit...

This motivated me to look at his defensive stats, and it is a joke that Jeter is the NYY shortstop. They should have put A-Rod there.

I have a feeling he was doing that on purpose as to say A-Rod makes a lot of errors

Precisely. In 2006 they were calling him E-Rod in NY. He's been a bit better lately. Too bad he forgot how to hit...

This motivated me to look at his defensive stats, and it is a joke that Jeter is the NYY shortstop. They should have put A-Rod there.

He should have been the shortstop starting in 2004 and have Jeter at second.

Cano definitely has the ability to play third, I'd imagine, so once it was his time, he'd be over there.

First time in 36 that they've been swept in a 4-game series [1976 against Cincinnati].

Good point. I like it even more. But, then, I always like it when the Yankees lose.

At the same time, there is a lot to said for being swept (even though it was only 3 games) by KC. KC had to just absolutely love that. They used to be the main Yankees farm operation. Sweet revenge.

Any way you slice it, the Yankees got their ass kicked in a manner that hasn't happened for, depending upon on how you count it, either 32 or 36 years. Take that, Girardi. Biggest failure in 4 decades. Good thing George isn't still around, or he might be working on his resume.

Honestly, in my opinion, you can not blame Girardi AT ALL for this. The offense was just dead, completely dead. No production, didn't get on base, and when they got on base, they didn't get driven in. I mean for the Yankees, the YANKEES, to score 22 runs in just 9 games is crazy. That's about 2.5 runs a game, and if you take out the 2 games where they decimated the closers, they scored 11 runs in 7 games.

Not at all Girardi's fault. The pitching was there, the offense decided to not show up. At the same time, great job by the Tigers overall, but the World Series is going to be insanely competitive.

you can not blame Girardi AT ALL for this.

I completely agree. But, I didn't blame anything on Girardi, I only told him to wear it. He's just the unlucky sucker in charge when their offense collapsed. He's used to this, having worked here briefly.