Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Which player represents Marlins in all star?

Featured Replies

I do wonder why the Marlins passed on Shelby Miller. People tend to say that the draft is a crap shoot (and in many respects they're right), but I think the general consensus at the time was that Miller was the better talent than Chad James.

 

Miller's bonus was about one million more than James's. I certainly hope the Marlins weren't cheap enough for that to be the reason.

Well, it's certainly dumb to have a representative from every team if the all-star game "counts."

 

 

Gotta agree to a point. Where I disagree is that it was the fans that made the game "count" because of all the complaining over that tie game. "Be careful what you ask for," kind of thing. I don't agree completely with every team must be represented, but I see why. Managers have a habit of bringing in some of their own players as a "reward" for the previous season of making the WS. That could get out of hand rather quickly with several of the 30 teams not being represented. Some would say that would never happen, but common sense says it would.

I do wonder why the Marlins passed on Shelby Miller. People tend to say that the draft is a crap shoot (and in many respects they're right), but I think the general consensus at the time was that Miller was the better talent than Chad James.

 

Miller's bonus was about one million more than James's. I certainly hope the Marlins weren't cheap enough for that to be the reason.

 

 

 

I think that's the exact reason, from what I remember. James was expected to be cheaper and easier to sign so they went with him.

They're pretty dumb if that's really the case. They won't shell out an extra million for a much more universally touted prospect and yet never hesitate to give shitty veteran guys like Polanco almost $2.75 million to play below replacement level.

 

I suppose they were even more money conscious back in 2009, but they still should have been able to piece together an extra million or so. Hell, the Marlins paid Alfredo Amezaga $1.3 million that season.

They're pretty dumb if that's really the case. They won't shell out an extra million for a much more universally touted prospect and yet never hesitate to give sh*tty veteran guys like Polanco almost $2.75 million to play below replacement level.

 

I suppose they were even more money conscious back in 2009, but they still should have been able to piece together an extra million or so. Hell, the Marlins paid Alfredo Amezaga $1.3 million that season.

 

Quoted for truth.

 

I have no trouble with being frugal, but being frugal and just plain retarded with your money at the same time is stupid.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.