Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Front office

Featured Replies

LOL Thanks, man.

 

But, back to what

 

 

 

LOL Thanks, man. But it will most likely be ignored, or somehow changed so they aren't wrong. Whatever.

 

But back to what "..." and I were originally discussing........ I think it's more that I take exception to the way terms like "stupid" and "ignorant" (among others) are used. A little too freely, IMO. And I don't think having a degree in something makes that person more intelligent than another person. More informed on one topic, but not more intelligent by any means.

LOL Thanks, man.

 

But, back to what

 

 

 

LOL Thanks, man. But it will most likely be ignored, or somehow changed so they aren't wrong. Whatever.

 

But back to what "..." and I were originally discussing........ I think it's more that I take exception to the way terms like "stupid" and "ignorant" (among others) are used. A little too freely, IMO. And I don't think having a degree in something makes that person more intelligent than another person. More informed on one topic, but not more intelligent by any means.

 

Athletes by and large are stupid people. You don't necessarily need to have an advanced degree to be intelligent, but if you can't articulate or form coherent and logical thoughts, you are a stupid person. Professional athletes tend to have lower and more simplistic reasoning than the average person, so I really have no problem with labeling them as stupid on average.

 

I often wonder if part of the reason why many athletes are so successful at their sport is in fact because they are stupid people. But I have no room to psychoanalyze people--that's Piazza's job.

Athletes by and large are stupid people. You don't necessarily need to have an advanced degree to be intelligent, but if you can't articulate or form coherent and logical thoughts, you are a stupid person. Professional athletes tend to have lower and more simplistic reasoning than the average person, so I really have no problem with labeling them as stupid on average.

 

I often wonder if part of the reason why many athletes are so successful at their sport is in fact because they are stupid people. But I have no room to psychoanalyze people--that's Piazza's job.

 

If that isn't bait, I don't know what is!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.