Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Front office

Featured Replies

To follow your train of thought.....You do know Trader Jack isn't/wasn't a rocket scientist, statistical engineer, or theoretical analyst, don't ya? (Matter of fact, I don't think anyone here is either.)

 

That's awfully presumptuous.What's a statistical engineer?I'm actually a statistical engineer AND a rocket scientist.

To follow your train of thought.....You do know Trader Jack isn't/wasn't a rocket scientist, statistical engineer, or theoretical analyst, don't ya? (Matter of fact, I don't think anyone here is either.)

 

That's awfully presumptuous.What's a statistical engineer?I'm actually a statistical engineer AND a rocket scientist.

I'm a Neurosurgeon and a Quantum Physicists on my spare time!

To follow your train of thought.....You do know Trader Jack isn't/wasn't a rocket scientist, statistical engineer, or theoretical analyst, don't ya? (Matter of fact, I don't think anyone here is either.)

 

That's awfully presumptuous.What's a statistical engineer?I'm actually a statistical engineer AND a rocket scientist.

I'm a Neurosurgeon and a Quantum Physicists on my spare time!You're so good you found a way to occupy the space of multiple Quantum Physicists at once!

Ed Lucas went to Dartmouth.

 

Michael Hill went to Harvard. That's much more surprising.

He's a smart guy, I'm sure. Just not baseball smart.BUT RBIS AND RBIS AND RBIS ANMD RBIS AND DAJSDFJ3TJ44

To be fair, Jones had a fantastic DAJSDFJ3TJ44 in 2012.He really did. However, such a drop-off from one season to the next in DAJSDFJ3TJ44 is a big cause for concern.

Let's hope he can restore some DAJSDFJ3TJ44 ability in 2014, especially against lefties.

Did you eat the same paint chips that Piazza had when he was a child?

 

What the fuck do I have to do with this conversation Penguin boy?

 

Keep my fucking name out of your posts.

To follow your train of thought.....You do know Trader Jack isn't/wasn't a rocket scientist, statistical engineer, or theoretical analyst, don't ya? (Matter of fact, I don't think anyone here is either.)

 

That's awfully presumptuous.

Is it? If anyone here is truthfully one of these, speak up.

I think Loria has been a meddler since the day that Joe Girardi almost got fired for telling him to be quiet (when he was yelling at the umpire). He reminded Girardi of who signed his pay check and that he prepared to fire him after that game before getting talked out of it. Telling Redmond who to start in each game of a double header just proved that he hasn't changed. If he tried that kind of stuff with Jack McKeon, the old dude would have told him to jump in the ocean.

 

 

Yea, he probably would have. He didn't need the job and could have cared in the least if he got the axe.

The main problem with this FO is that every time there is a dissenting voice in the organization, they end up getting fired. It's blatantly obvious that if you don't agree with whatever Loria thinks, you won't be employed long.

 

 

Exactly. Owners have the right to run their teams any way they want. But I believe the most succesful ones are the owners that let the people they hire actually do their jobs instead of questioning and/or over riding day to day operations. That's not Loria.

To follow your train of thought.....You do know Trader Jack isn't/wasn't a rocket scientist, statistical engineer, or theoretical analyst, don't ya? (Matter of fact, I don't think anyone here is either.)

 

That's awfully presumptuous.

Is it? If anyone here is truthfully one of these, speak up.

Well, two of your three categories don't really exist, but I'm well educated.

 

They weren't my categories. Guess I should have put quotation marks around them so I didn't confuse the "well educated" group.

You never hear the latter two terms combined in that fashion in the scientific and engineering community. Especially "theoretical analyst," which sounds like you were just throwing random shit together.

 

 

Can't figure out what a well educated individual is missing here. They weren't my terms. Seems pretty simple to me.

You never hear the latter two terms combined in that fashion in the scientific and engineering community. Especially "theoretical analyst," which sounds like you were just throwing random shit together.

 

 

Can't figure out what a well educated individual is missing here. They weren't my terms. Seems pretty simple to me.Actually, they were. You misquoted ...'s post.

Can't figure out what a well educated individual is missing here. They weren't my terms. Seems pretty simple to me.

 

Maybe you should say where you got them from because I haven't seen them in this thread. You never named your source so I assumed you made them up.

You have to pass your introduction to quantum botany first.

Fuck, herbal physics always gave me trouble in plant school.

Actually, they were. You misquoted ...'s post.

 

Had to go back and look. Yep, you're right, I did misquote. Guess the morning coffee hadn't taken over yet.

 

But seems like everyone but one poster knew what was going on.

Had to go back and look. Yep, you're right, I did misquote. Guess the morning coffee hadn't taken over yet.

 

But seems like everyone but one poster knew what was going on.

 

You sure are wrong about a lot of things, aren't you?

Penguino is right, as was mysticol who originally pointed out the misquote, which was really multiple misquotes.

 

But, that's OK, none of this really matters.

 

I'll take Jack anytime. A man with a plan to succeed. He knew what he needed to do and he did it whether the FO agreed or not. That's something that only someone with decades in the biz can carry off. Hell, he'd already been a GM. Trader Jack. Traded his own son-in-law. Why would he care what anybody thought? Don't like it? FU. Fire me.

 

And that's the end of that discussion.

 

Something that I don't see in Redmond's make-up, at least so far. Maybe 20 years from now, should he ever accomplish anything.

 

And to Jack's great credit, he could mangle a name at least as well as Casey or Yogi could.

You sure are wrong about a lot of things, aren't you?

 

 

Not really. It's just that I'm not allergic to admitting when I am. Kind fo a foreign thing to some well educated individuals around here.

Penguino is right, as was mysticol who originally pointed out the misquote, which was really multiple misquotes.

 

But, that's OK, none of this really matters.

 

I'll take Jack anytime. A man with a plan to succeed. He knew what he needed to do and he did it whether the FO agreed or not. That's something that only someone with decades in the biz can carry off. Hell, he'd already been a GM. Trader Jack. Traded his own son-in-law. Why would he care what anybody thought? Don't like it? FU. Fire me.

 

And that's the end of that discussion.

 

Something that I don't see in Redmond's make-up, at least so far. Maybe 20 years from now, should he ever accomplish anything.

 

And to Jack's great credit, he could mangle a name at least as well as Casey or Yogi could.

 

 

All true enough. And I think you just agreed with me.

Not really. It's just that I'm not allergic to admitting when I am. Kind fo a foreign thing to some well educated individuals around here.

Then why aren't you admitting you're wrong?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.