March 29, 201412 yr http://aldengonzalez.mlblogs.com/2014/03/28/angels-mike-trout-agree-on-six-year-deal/ Becomes a FA at 28 after earning crazy money... unreal.
March 29, 201412 yr If he gets to free agency, then the Angels are even more stupid than previously thought.
March 30, 201412 yr Author Is he the youngest to get a contract over $100m? I don't even have to look it up to say absolutely. And it was wayyyyy over $100 Mill...
March 30, 201412 yr These contracts are really getting ridiculous. He ill be making over 30 million before he's 28. That is just nuts. So what now? His next contract has AAV of 45 million? Really out of hand. It was not too long ago that 12-15 million was an elite player.
March 30, 201412 yr Author These contracts are really getting ridiculous. He ill be making over 30 million before he's 28. That is just nuts. So what now? His next contract has AAV of 45 million? Really out of hand. It was not too long ago that 12-15 million was an elite player. Yea, and it seemed like it was beginning to regress for a while. It's stupid teams like the Angels and Tigers that hand out ridonkulous contracts that's inflating everything. I highly respect teams like the Sox, that put every ounce of emotion aside and make brilliant financial and contractual decisions.
March 30, 201412 yr I don't even have to look it up to say absolutely. And it was wayyyyy over $100 Mill... Yes, I know, I can count.
March 30, 201412 yr revenues dictate increased salaries. revenues in MLB have been setting record highs year after year recently. over an 8 billion dollar industry now.
March 30, 201412 yr Stanton is pretty happy hearing that i bet Trout >> Stanton. And I love Giancarlo, but, come on.
March 30, 201412 yr Im not saying Stanton is better than Trout.. that's obvious.. I meant that to lock up Stanton itll cost more than it did before Trout's extension. I always thought something in the 90 mill area was enough to sign him. Now I don't think so..
March 30, 201412 yr Eh, yeah, before the big trade, yeah, 90 mil would have done it. Now, especially being a year further and one year into arbitration, it'll be around $110m probably, and that'll be over 5 years probably.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.