Marlins ever on ESPN Classic?

WildMarlinMan2003

All of our no hitters have been against the NL West. Al Leiter no hit the Rockies, Kevin Brown no hit the Giants, and AJ Burnett no hit the Padres. Leiter won his game 11-0, Brown was one hit batsmen away from a perfect game, and despite allowing no hits AJ's WHIP during his no-no was 1.00.

about 6 months ago i ran across a midseason game in 1996 marlins at giants---- no idea why it was on, it wasnt anytime near the marlins giants 2003 playoff series took place either, it was a relatively typical game-- no idea why it was on

I was just looking through my Marlins media guide....we had a heck of a series out in S.F. in June 1996.

6/17/96...

S.F. 1

Fla. 0

Osvaldo Fernandez the winner

Al Leiter lost, with Yorkis Perez and Jay Powell also pitching.

6/18/1996 in 15 innings

S.F. 9

Fla. 8

6/19/1996 also in 15 innings

S.F. 7

Fla. 4

That was a tough series...

All of our no hitters have been against the NL West. Al Leiter no hit the Rockies, Kevin Brown no hit the Giants, and AJ Burnett no hit the Padres. Leiter won his game 11-0, Brown was one hit batsmen away from a perfect game, and despite allowing no hits AJ's WHIP during his no-no was 1.00.

The batter he hit was Marvin Benard.

I remember this solely because dude got up and acted like he was going to charge the mound, like Brown did it on purpose.

I've had no use for him since.