Sale is done; votes are in

MrAndMrsFish

The sad thing is that when you look at the other major contracts handed out, if Stanton performs anywhere close to how he did this season going forward, his contract is really in line with what other players have gotten. 

Good point but I don't think the value of his contract is the problem, it's the percentage of the payroll that it's gonna take up. Stanton may be worth that contract but that doesn't mean this organization can afford to pay it. 

lololololololololol

No, there’s just like 11 people in the thread who are voicing their displeasure with the direction the new ownership is taking before they’ve even introduced themselves via a presser. 

People voice their displeasure because of some of the dick moves Jeter has made such as making Samson fire the Marlins country club boys and also reporting that huge salary cuts will ensue under his regime.

Let me be clear. I think Jeter will be good, but I don't understand why he had to come out and pretty much admit the team will be gutted. He could have maybe gave assurance that they would like Stanton to stay and do every thing in power to keep him despite the budget changes. 

Let me be clear. I think Jeter will be good, but I don't understand why he had to come out and pretty much admit the team will be gutted. He could have maybe gave assurance that they would like Stanton to stay and do every thing in power to keep him despite the budget changes. 

Jeter hasn't said a word about anything. He hasn't even said he was buying the team.