Notes from Jeter's town hall meeting

SilverBullet

saying all the right things.  And he's right.  Also, maybe these fans who go to these particular events are the die hard fans, but spare me the fake outrage about breaking up a team that has been under .500 every season since 2009 and never has anyone showing up.  Spare me the bullshit about being heartbroken over breaking up a bad team no one showed up to watch anyways.  

Encouraging words for people who want a full rebuild focused on building a quality and consistent winner from the minor league affiliates up to the major league roster eventually.

Marlins Man can kiss my ass. He complained last season about how bad the team was and has been and now suddenly he's mad that they're rebuilding. Can't have it both ways idiot. 

he just wants attention.   Hate that Andy Slater, who i generally like but is also all about the attention, gives him a platform on his show all the time.

It's the correct answer. 

yup.  100%.  Free agency is an absolutely horrible way to build a baseball team.  Maybe after you develop a core you supplement with free agent pieces, but a huge part of why we're in the position we are currently in is because we stupidly neglected our farm system and thus had to sign over priced mediocre to bad free agents.

Will Manso‏Verified account @WillManso 3s4 seconds ago

More

Fan says the blueprint to win is spending money. All team needed was a couple of pieces. Says team spent 1.2 billion and you act like you ran out of money. Says team going in wrong direction. Jeter doesn’t respond. Just let him say that and they moved on. Fan was good.

What a stupid fan with no concept of modern day baseball team building.

[ATTACH]1691[/ATTACH]

Yes! 

It blows my mind that people think this team was remotely close to contention.  Also, people realize our offense wasnt particularly great last year, right?  Even despite career years from Realmuto, Stanton, and Ozuna and no injuries to our top 5 offensive players the entire year.

Will Manso‏Verified account @WillManso 5s6 seconds ago

More

Marlins Man now addressing Jeter. Asks Jeter, “do you know who I am.” Jeter says, “I’ve heard of you.”

Please for the love of god ban this guy from the ball park.  What an obnoxious self important douche.

Will Manso‏Verified account @WillManso 1m1 minute ago

More

Marlins Man on a roll. Asking for Marlins Man Monday’s and throwing out a first pitch. This is me now...

I legitimately want to fight this guy.  Banning him from the stadium would be a great first step.

Justin Bour and his .920 OPS missed a month and a half. 

Justin bour isnt one of our top 5 players, and he's also missed time every season i believe.  In regards to top 5 i was referring to JT, Yelich, Stanton, Ozuna, and Gordon.  I guess you could argue Gordon and Bour for the 5th spot, but whatever.

If jeter had just said “No who are you?” Then We would have bought additional capital with me 

haha i wish jeter did that.  Probably would have been yet another major story but that would have been incredible.  Like who does that guy think he is?  He's a 60 something year old nobody who wears an orange jersey and a sideways visor and just asked derek fucking jeter "do you know who i am."  like you couldnt even make that up.

Aram Leighton‏ @AramLeighton8 7m7 minutes ago

More

Marlins Man claims that he has been offered by 4 other MLB teams to sport their jersey. Claims the prior ownership was not grateful for his free advertising, but he continues to wear his Marlins jersey despite that.

Id pay for him to go away and wear other teams jersey's.