Tony Clark thinks the Marlins could have contended for the World Series in 2018

No depth to deal with injuries what so ever on big league roster or top prospects waiting in the wings to help to the eventual injuries that will come to Stanton or Bour at one point or another during the season. Sorry but Ichiro, Prado, Riddle don't really scream world series contender. And that's part that's supposed to be good. The bad part was our starting pitching and lacking a legit closer.

Guest CHRISTYTOD

Kills me that these "experts" weren't running their mouths about this 2 years ago when Stanton was hitting .240 - and every other season when he and others couldn't play a full season due to one injury or another. All of a sudden, we were WS contenders. We weren't even close. Our pitching was atrocious and Stanton had ONE great year.  ONE.

Kills me that these "experts" weren't running their mouths about this 2 years ago when Stanton was hitting .240 - and every other season when he and others couldn't play a full season due to one injury or another. All of a sudden, we were WS contenders. We weren't even close. Our pitching was atrocious and Stanton had ONE great year.  ONE.

correct. his good year was 2016. 2011 and 2012 were GREAT years. 2014 was an Excellent year. Last year was an amazing year

Oh my gawd, so we're now trading just Stanton and Gordon, keeping Yelich and Ozuna, and convincing 4-5 hope and prayer free agents like Jon Jay,  Wade Miley, and Joulys Chacin to sign, perform well, and lead the way to an 18 game improvement (once Stanton and Gordon's production are off the team).

This was not going to happen absent a $75 million increase in salary from what the Marlins already had. No person on the planet would have increased salary that much.

Make it stop. Please season, start tomorrow for the love of god so this stops.

Maybe if Ozuna, Stanton, Yelich, and Gordon were on the team and everyone on the team had a career year, but there have been I think they still needed a few pitchers, even if Jose Fernandez were still with us. Tony Clark probably thought the Tigers would've made the playoffs when he played for them. 

Guest CHRISTYTOD
correct. his good year was 2016. 2011 and 2012 were GREAT years. 2014 was an Excellent year. Last year was an amazing year

Wow - this is scary stuff.......2016 was a good year?  Funny how we all have very different expectations for a player who is paid big bucks to perform..... Yikes......  Again, he had ONE great year (and I will concede: a couple of others that were very good)  The rest: forgettable. Mike who? :)  Hey, I know he was a lot of your fan favorites on here......I don't mean to offend.  Just that when I think of GREATNESS, I think of someone like Miggy.  The numbers actually support that.