Lewis Brinson on MLB Network

I’m happy for him, but I’d like to see him do it over a larger sample.

This is a lot of talk for a sticker on MLB Network talking about his last 12 games. 

But whatever works, I hope our other young hitters produce the same way the last 12 games of the season. They’ve all been terrible so far for some reason.

Just now, Erick said:

But whatever works, I hope our other young hitters produce the same way the last 12 games of the season. They’ve all been terrible so far for some reason.

I'm sticking with the reasoning being that this was the first and only in-game action they had all year and it had to be against the best competition in the world.

You get your exceptions around the league, like Luis Robert and Alec Bohm who aren't having issues, but for the most part, rookie hitters are struggling MLB-wide.

I'm happy for Brinson's improvements on the field but my biggest takeaway from that video was how he handled his struggles mentally, especially how he made no excuses, put the blame on himself and not others, and worked harder with a renewed mindset. It's like he told himself "hey you suck, time to fix that" and believe it or not that's not very common for struggling professional athletes who often think their past successes will magically fix their present troubles.

• Like 2