Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nationals vs. The Good Guys 8/21

Featured Replies

Let's keep trotting Tyler Zuber and Cade Gibson out there and pretending they are major league pitchers.

You can wish in one hand and SH*T in another and come to the same conclusion.

Career WAR:

farmer-fran 0.0

Tyler Zuber -0.5

What are we even doing?

31 years old with a small positive variance in a short sample size. Im sure he won't regress and his future value is more negative than Starling Marte's right now. But yeah, let's not pitch 17 guys in the minors who would be better.

Third-grade math classes can figure out he will suck going forward.

But yeah, here's Gibson.

What is the Marlins BA when swinging at the first pitch? This is pathetic to watch this team time and time again when a reliever comes in and they swing away.

2 hours ago, TheMarlinsProject said:

Honestly don't get the Sielaff hate. Guy is as passionate as it comes.

They had an announcer poll and the Marlins ranked 27th, fyi.

I like Sielaff. He seems much more like a “hometown” guy than Severino, which is why I wasn’t big on him…..he always felt like a national announcer covering a local team for a game

Sieloff only got the job because Geffner was critical of ownership and wasn’t the company man ownership wanted.

Kyle plays the company man role perfectly. It’s his cringey smugness and screamo voice that makes some us cringe.

  • Author

I like Sielaff. He's not perfect but he's also very young and will learn from his mistakes. At least he has a personality unlike Severino. I have listened to our radio guys here and there and his series he got on TV, but I may like Jack McMullen even more than Sielaff. I like the Radio broadcast even when Rod Allen is on there, who I don't care for. You know who I thought was very good on Radio? Last year when Griffin Conine was hurt for like the whole year, they had him on the radio broadcasts sometimes as like a secondary color guy. I thought he was great, very funny and his insight into the team actually added to the broadcast.

They need to figure out the color analyst situation. Pick 1 guy, but they have to go outside their current crop of guys, especially with Tommy retiring. Gaby is ok, but the rest I don't care for.

16 hours ago, DTrain said:

Sieloff only got the job because Geffner was critical of ownership and wasn’t the company man ownership wanted.

Kyle plays the company man role perfectly. It’s his cringey smugness and screamo voice that makes some us cringe.

His enthusiasm sounds fake and manufactured sometimes which is my only issue. I think when he’s with Tommy he can be very good though but he’s mediocre with all the other very below average guys they pair him with.

He also does overdo the slobbing Bendix knob thing all the time.

Hes young and I like his energy and could see him really growing into it with consistent color commentary guy

On 8/22/2026 at 7:56 AM, farmer_fran said:

I like Sielaff. He's not perfect but he's also very young and will learn from his mistakes. At least he has a personality unlike Severino. I have listened to our radio guys here and there and his series he got on TV, but I may like Jack McMullen even more than Sielaff. I like the Radio broadcast even when Rod Allen is on there, who I don't care for. You know who I thought was very good on Radio? Last year when Griffin Conine was hurt for like the whole year, they had him on the radio broadcasts sometimes as like a secondary color guy. I thought he was great, very funny and his insight into the team actually added to the broadcast.

They need to figure out the color analyst situation. Pick 1 guy, but they have to go outside their current crop of guys, especially with Tommy retiring. Gaby is ok, but the rest I don't care for.

Yeah, they definitely need to find the next Tommy......the current crop isn't doing it.

I did hear McMullen when he filled in for a few games. He was pretty good......IIRC that was to prep for him being the fill in guy next year when Sielaff is out.

On 8/22/2026 at 4:23 PM, pollythewog said:

His enthusiasm sounds fake and manufactured sometimes which is my only issue. I think when he’s with Tommy he can be very good though but he’s mediocre with all the other very below average guys they pair him with.

He also does overdo the slobbing Bendix knob thing all the time.

Hes young and I like his energy and could see him really growing into it with consistent color commentary guy

Eh, I feel like I'd take some occasional fake enthusiasm over a monotone "national" sounding broadcast.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.